• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

for those who tend to think the offense is a problem.. it is

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people questioned wentz' mechanics as a rookie in 2016. talking about getting a shrink, personal coach to fix his issues, etc. he had a magical start to the 2017 season before getting hurt. most fans have been living off that since then, completely ignoring those problems that still exist.

reality is, the eagles have a 15-18 record under wentz outside of 2017. he's not hurt. he's not recovering. he's an ABOVE AVERAGE QB with talent. they're all over the league. he's nowhere near elite.

he cannot throw a legit deep ball. there's no wind. it's not cold. yet many of his medium to deep throws are wild, spinning, wobbling throws his receivers have little chance to get. he cannot float it in properly. he cannot lay it out. he does not give his guys the chance to go up and get it 1v1. he's a manning wannabe at the line, constantly changing the play to something extremely basic and simple, like a run dive right up the middle for a few yards.

the eagles will miss the playoffs in 2019. there is no backup to save them this year. he will be 28 years old in 2020, in his 5th season, with 0 playoff games under him. and clowns like phillygreen will keep on crying about the defense.

the same defense foles has excelled with, won a superbowl with, won a MVP award with, and has gone 4-1 in the postseason with. and if not for the alshon drop, could have been 5-0 heading into LA for the NFC championship. a team he beat on the road a few weeks before to save the eagles season from wentz' failures.

we've invested significantly in the offense compared to the defense. the results do not show with wentz. they did with foles. and while some fans will point to the fact foles is hurt (which has nothing to do if he were on the eagles instead) .. it's more an issue of wentz. forget foles. wentz will never be the man. he's not elite. he will never win a superbowl here. he doesn't have the tools to consistently dominate.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can throw the deep ball, but missing DJAX is the problem. Not Wentz.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D gives up almost 40 points and the Offense is the problem.

complete derp thread.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love how all the facts are ignored. like i said before the season, can't wait to see all the excuses when the eagles fail under wentz. it's the defense, it's injuries, he's not healthy, it's the receivers. so far the only one i haven't really seen is questions about wentz' recovery. but i'm sure at some point it will come up he had a bruised pinky finger or something.. and the homers will be like "oh! that's why he was a bit off."

i specifically went into detail about how the eagles are an aging team, they need to acquire more draft picks and talent. they need to get younger. they need to put the same energy into the defense as the offense. instead they just let foles go, sign wentz to a huge deal and draft one defensive player in the 4th round.. shareef miller.. who has yet to see any action in a game. and it seemed like all the giddy schoolgirls were thrilled with this. because no one wants to think past tomorrow.

they did very little to upgrade their high school secondary, which was a clear problem, and actually downgraded overall as a whole. yet phillygreen keeps whining like a bitch about schwartz. that's what little girls do. whine, whine, whine and never offer any solutions. and tools like roy munson just hang around to drop the occasional "derp duh stuff uh no wha derr" post.

so many cocky, arrogant, monday morning QB's in the offseason. couldn't escape hearing how great wentz is. how much talent he has. how he's top 5, maybe top 3, maybe da bestestststtttt in the league. YEP. enjoy your season. enjoy missing the playoffs. enjoy the neverending 8 yards passes to ertz over the middle. enjoy the wobbling, fluttering balls wentz airmails when he has to toss one over 17 yards.

foles was the answer short term while we reloaded on picks and defense. injury concerns are one thing (just like wentz himself.) but on the field, he had clearly proven he could take the offense we had, AS IS, and lead them to great things. he didn't need upgrades. his teammates loved him. he knew how to make every type of throw. he knew how to take smart chances downfield.

can anyone imagine a healthy wentz against the pats in the superbowl? LOFL!! he wouldn't have been able to make half those throws. we would have lost like 40-21.

we will never win a superbowl with wentz. and the moves made to appease him & load the offense will leave this franchise in a mediocre 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 type state for years to come. any fans with common sense OUTSIDE of philly 100% know this.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For TWO years, I have been saying that the wide receivers stink. Get Wentz someone to throw the ball to and THEN we will see if he is the problem.
It would be nice if DJax would play. It looks like JJAW is a bust.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many times are we going to blame it on the receivers? the eagles scored more than 28 points ONCE last year in 13 games with wentz, a 6-7 record. foles immediately takes his place and they score 30 and 32 against the rams and texans. an 11-2 team and 10-4 team.

foles knows how to spread the ball around. he absolutely destroyed the texans for almost 500 yards. he goes deep to alshon 1v1. he gets agholor more involved where he can catch and run in open space. he uses all his backs for emergency dump passes, swings or screens. he never relies or trains his eye on the same players or patterns and he's willing to make all types of throws.

wentz is the complete opposite. his first and second option is always ertz. and it's almost always the same play. middle of the field, 6-11 yards. his third option is alshon, who's esstentially doing the same on the outside. he rarely uses his backs any more unless it's a wheel route type play. he's predictable and boring as fuck. there's no risk involved. and when there's no risk, the reward is minimal.

i saw a random comment in a story a couple of weeks ago where someone said "maybe it's time that we consider the problem could be wentz?" and of course the guy was attacked for basically telling the truth.

we have two solid backs in howard and sanders. a third experienced vet in sproles. we have two big time TE in ertz and goedert. we have a big receiver in jeffery. we have a respectable (when he can catch) slot receiver in agholor. anyone who wants to act like the pats, seahawks or packers have SO much more offensively is kidding themselves. the problem is either one man, or most of the offense. which is more believable?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people questioned wentz' mechanics as a rookie in 2016. talking about getting a shrink, personal coach to fix his issues, etc. he had a magical start to the 2017 season before getting hurt. most fans have been living off that since then, completely ignoring those problems that still exist.

reality is, the eagles have a 15-18 record under wentz outside of 2017. he's not hurt. he's not recovering. he's an ABOVE AVERAGE QB with talent. they're all over the league. he's nowhere near elite.

he cannot throw a legit deep ball. there's no wind. it's not cold. yet many of his medium to deep throws are wild, spinning, wobbling throws his receivers have little chance to get. he cannot float it in properly. he cannot lay it out. he does not give his guys the chance to go up and get it 1v1. he's a manning wannabe at the line, constantly changing the play to something extremely basic and simple, like a run dive right up the middle for a few yards.

the eagles will miss the playoffs in 2019. there is no backup to save them this year. he will be 28 years old in 2020, in his 5th season, with 0 playoff games under him. and clowns like phillygreen will keep on crying about the defense.

the same defense foles has excelled with, won a superbowl with, won a MVP award with, and has gone 4-1 in the postseason with. and if not for the alshon drop, could have been 5-0 heading into LA for the NFC championship. a team he beat on the road a few weeks before to save the eagles season from wentz' failures.

we've invested significantly in the offense compared to the defense. the results do not show with wentz. they did with foles. and while some fans will point to the fact foles is hurt (which has nothing to do if he were on the eagles instead) .. it's more an issue of wentz. forget foles. wentz will never be the man. he's not elite. he will never win a superbowl here. he doesn't have the tools to consistently dominate.
oh, so that excuse only works one way.

derp

his best receiver currently is a rookie RB who didn't catch the ball in college.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
derp. wentz can't even make half these throws. funny how smooth everything looks..

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz does have flaws in his game ... I personally think he needs to get the ball out much quicker. That was the difference between he and Foles ... I was hoping Wentz would see the success Foles had by getting the ball out quickly and incorporate it into his game moving forward, but it hasn't happened. He also refuses to take the dump offs which are essential in keeping the chains moving ... all successful Offenses use their Backs to get 4-5 yards here and there. With the Eagles the only times we look at the Backs seems to be on wheel routes downfield; which is great when it hits, but why not get those 4-5 yard dump offs like the Brees and Brady's use all the time?

Now, all that being said ... Wentz is still a solid QB and our Defense is a MUCH bigger problem. Our 2ndary can't stop anybody and if you take out the Jets game where they had a 3rd string QB who has no business as a starter in the league ... we would be dead last in Sacks. So we can't get to the QB and we can't stop receivers. If our Offense can't score 30+ per game moving forward we are not beating any good teams. Also with bad Defense which has us playing from behind frequently ... it prevents us from running the ball in the 2nd half of games.

I see a combined team effort in being a mediocre team this season ... but if we can't fix this 2ndary and get to the QB more, it won't matter what Wentz can or can't do.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can talk about Wentz and the Defense all you want to. The squad Foles won the Super Bowl with gave up 505 passing yard to Brady. I have hated our D for a long time. I am really hoping we find a new DC this year.

Aside from all of that, Wentz has not had a horrible year. We lost Reich and DeFilippo in the same year and our offense has not looked the same. I am not sure which one had Doug's ear but Groh is not the answer.

To me, they just do not seem ready or prepared. I blame the coaching staff. We have a lot of really good players but we don't look like a good team. When that happens the blame is with the coaching staff.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many times are we going to blame it on the receivers? the eagles scored more than 28 points ONCE last year in 13 games with wentz, a 6-7 record. foles immediately takes his place and they score 30 and 32 against the rams and texans. an 11-2 team and 10-4 team.

foles knows how to spread the ball around. he absolutely destroyed the texans for almost 500 yards. he goes deep to alshon 1v1. he gets agholor more involved where he can catch and run in open space. he uses all his backs for emergency dump passes, swings or screens. he never relies or trains his eye on the same players or patterns and he's willing to make all types of throws.

wentz is the complete opposite. his first and second option is always ertz. and it's almost always the same play. middle of the field, 6-11 yards. his third option is alshon, who's esstentially doing the same on the outside. he rarely uses his backs any more unless it's a wheel route type play. he's predictable and boring as fuck. there's no risk involved. and when there's no risk, the reward is minimal.

i saw a random comment in a story a couple of weeks ago where someone said "maybe it's time that we consider the problem could be wentz?" and of course the guy was attacked for basically telling the truth.

we have two solid backs in howard and sanders. a third experienced vet in sproles. we have two big time TE in ertz and goedert. we have a big receiver in jeffery. we have a respectable (when he can catch) slot receiver in agholor. anyone who wants to act like the pats, seahawks or packers have SO much more offensively is kidding themselves. the problem is either one man, or most of the offense. which is more believable?
You can blame Wentz all that you like but he has NO ONE close to the quality of Diggs. DJax was supposed to be that WR but he isn't playing.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think replacing Schwartz and Groh with Dan Quinn, and DeFilippo next year would be a great idea.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4f2.gif

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles clearly lack speed at WR and teams are not respecting the WRs to beat them downfield.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ignore the fact that our D made Kirk Cousins look like an All-Pro... Can we also blame their lack of coverage on Wentz?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only logical explanation for this stupid thread is that the OP walked in on Wentz banging his girl and when they saw him they laughed.

What a stupid fucking thread.

The defense is a far bigger problem than the offense.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long before @_phiLLies_ starts a thread suggesting that McCown or Sudfeld start?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a stat for you guys. In the "past 3 games combined", the trio of Nelson Agholor, Mack Hollins and JJ Arcega Whiteside have totaled between them 6 catches for 75 yards and 0 TD's. That's how much this team misses DJax. In one game DJax totalled 8 catches for 154 yards and 2 TD's.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a stat for you guys. In the "past 3 games combined", the trio of Nelson Agholor, Mack Hollins and JJ Arcega Whiteside have totaled between them 6 catches for 75 yards and 0 TD's. That's how much this team misses DJax. In one game DJax totalled 8 catches for 154 yards and 2 TD's.
OpulentBigheartedJoey-size_restricted.gif