• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Emery says he's narrowed down his first round list to six players

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about Jernigan?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My take? I think the Bears go NT if there isn't a solid 3 tech and move Ratliff over to 3 tech. So Nix (if his knee is right) or Hageman with maybe a drop down for extra pick tossed in. I'm probably more sold on Jernigan as a NT than I am as a 3 tech. At the NFL level, I see him more as a run stopper than I do a slashing in the backfield disrupter (but I've been wrong before).

Or

If the right Safety falls, I could see us taking a Safety then picking up a DT in the second, there are some pretty decent second round DT's that should still be available, like Dominque Easley [Florida], Will Sutton [Arizona St] or Ego Ferguson [LSU].

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we can get A Donald we have to do that, but if not its gonna be more like 30 players we would want. but I have been hoping we could get the best MLB.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read many articles where he would or wouldn't fit the Bears D. Just think if Donald isn't there @14. I'd take the top DB whether S or CB. A good DT can be had in the 2nd . Jernigan would be reach IMO @14. Just think you want to get the best available talent @ 14 . I like Hageman (spelling ?), or Nix in rd 2.
Maybe a trade down would warrant Jernigan. But don't see him going @ 14.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we can get A Donald we have to do that, but if not its gonna be more like 30 players we would want. but I have been hoping we could get the best MLB.

I've yet to read much about any MLB's or even ILB's that have graded out high enough to pick in the first round. There have been some OLB's grade high, but not many ILB's if any at all. So second or third round possible, but I see the Bears going DB and DL through the first three rounds.

C

cubzzzfanincali

why MLB? It's a strongside linebacker where we have a shortage....bad enough that's where it sounds like they are going to try to stick Shea.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mosley is projected as the best MLB. He's 6'2, 234lbs. That's a light weight for NFL MLBs. Wouldn't take him @14.
If I'm going to gamble on a small guy , it'd be the Wisconsin, or Stanford Kids in the later rds.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
later round pick up now maybe.

For a diluted drug sample? Nah. He'll drop a little, but someone will still get excited and take him.

Even if it was for pot… I'm sure there's enough GM's out there that really don't give a shit.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a diluted drug sample? Nah. He'll drop a little, but someone will still get excited and take him.

Even if it was for pot… I'm sure there's enough GM's out there that really don't give a shit.

maybe was the key word. wishful drinking if you will.

C

cubzzzfanincali

x2. And if was for steroids, he will probably get drafted higher, since he at least tried to cover his tracks and just needs a little better coaching on avoidance.