• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eli Manning

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've personally never thought of Eli as elite.

Looking at his stats, he's always been slightly above average with a LOT of INTs. He's always had a great D to bail him out and above average WRs. His team has made him look a lot better than he actually is.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've personally never thought of Eli as elite.

Looking at his stats, he's always been slightly above average with a LOT of INTs. He's always had a great D to bail him out and above average WRs. His team has made him look a lot better than he actually is.

I don't get it either, he could VERY VERY easily just be 0-2 in SB's if his receivers drop some key passes. I can't call someone elite who has been so wildly inconsistent in his career. Just can't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Eli might be in the top 3 of INTs the last 5 or 6 seasons. Even when they won the SBs, it wasn't Eli playing lights out. He did play well, but not spectacularly well. Those were both TEAM wins. I really haven't seen Eli carry the team. And he's all over the map every season.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him make his own bed, it is obvious that the Giants are simply not talented enough to be even a legitimate .500 team at this point.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like Eli he makes mistake but who doesn't, i think this team (not just Eli) is really struggling. Two of those INTs last night I'd put on on both the WR and Eli, they have no running game and the o-line is have a hard time giving him protection. I think the problem with the Giants is coaching, they just don't seem like a motivated Team. Eli is a 2 time SB MVP, so we know what he can do.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like this season for Eli, that was a fluke.

Give QBs like Alex Smith, Matt Schaub, Sam Bradford & Andy Dalton the greatest defense ever assembled + an amazing OL / running game, then they could win a SB. Don't hold your breath though.

It's kind of like saying, "Don't worry that Jonny Manziel is like 5'10. It's not a problem. Look at Russell Wilson." Or "Don't worry that this WR prospect ran an extremely slow 40 time. Look at Anquon Boldin." The rare exceptions don't nullify the rule.

I disagree. Maybe you are unfamiliar with Eli's record.

In 10 years, he's made the playoffs 5 times.......lost 3 of those 5 in the first round, where he threw 2 TDs and 6 INTs.

They won 2 SBs in seasons where they BARELY even made the playoffs, and then the entire team, most notably the defense, started playing lights out.

Eli has ALWAYS been sporadic. He's NOT elite, and never has been. He's inconsistent, and ALWAYS has been. He's led the league in INTs twice, and total turnovers 4 times.

2 TEAM rings buys a lot of rope with some of you, but I see very little issue in trading him, if it comes to that. Eli has never shown to be consistent, which is the ONLY mark of greatness IMO. Elite players are consistent. Eli is not.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season is over as far as the playoffs, but I think you keep playing him for now...2 of those picks last night were not all on him...WR didn't read the DEF coverage and Eli threw a quick pass with a blitz coming where the WR should've been...and the TE imo should've caught the 3rd pick...high but a TE should catch that one.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry ill elaborate. this is all IMO, i m not saying it is the only solution or the best just mine. sometimes it is better to part ways. I personally have never been sold on eli as a world beater. he has had good protection and some great catches that have made his career. He has a lot of value and the giants have a lot of needs. next year is a great qb draft and if nassib isnt the answer you can get what you need. and if you can get a drafts worth of picks for eli while youre at then why not do it?

E. Manning is a proven QB having a rough year so far much like Ben Roth...I like the fact the NY drafted a kid who could be the answer, so QB is not that high on my radar if I'm the GM...one of the 2 OTs, Clowney, or the MLB from Bama I would put as higher priorities.

How much is Eli worth?

JAX clearly needs a QB...likely to have the #1 pick. Manning is better the Bridgewater, but Idk if the rest of the team is good enough to justify Manning's contract. They're probably still not a playoff team with Manning

TB...I could see them having some interest in Manning...pretty decent supporting cast on OFC making them a QB away from being a playoff team...likely to have a high draft pick.

HOU...this could be a good fit...win now team, better than Schaub... I might be tempted to trade for Manning.

Definitely some value, but I don't think much more than a 1st & a 3rd, maybe 1 low rd pick

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Eli has just thrown his hands up and said I don't care anymore this season. I'm as big an Eli hater as there is but the defense is terrible so even if he plays well there is no guarantee they'll hold the lead. He has no run game and his o-line is horrific. He is taking a beating this year. All in all the team is terrible and he knows it.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli's contract with the devil must have expired. No way a piece of shit QB like him should have one ring, much less two.

Can't wait til he comes to SD. Our DBs don't have a single INT in 5 games, so he would be a welcome sight.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli's contract with the devil must have expired. No way a piece of shit QB like him should have one ring, much less two.

Can't wait til he comes to SD. Our DBs don't have a single INT in 5 games, so he would be a welcome sight.

i don't blame you for being mad that he pulled an Elway, but the fact is he has 2 rings, so just like i have to deal with the Elway nut huggers, you have to deal with the Eli nut huggers. Neither Elway or Eli are bad QB's and calling either one bad is wrong.

we'll be alright.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't blame you for being mad that he pulled an Elway, but the fact is he has 2 rings, so just like i have to deal with the Elway nut huggers, you have to deal with the Eli nut huggers. Neither Elway or Eli are bad QB's and calling either one bad is wrong.

we'll be alright.

It was much tougher for you, since Elway turned out to be one of the best QBs ever. Plus I actually cheered for the Giants in both Super Bowls since they were playing the Pats.

50 years from now when NFL historians look back they will wonder how that worthless retarded looking douche bag brother of Peyton's won 2 rings.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli isn't a bad QB.....but he's not even in the VICINITY of an elite QB. He's above average......that's about it.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was much tougher for you, since Elway turned out to be one of the best QBs ever. Plus I actually cheered for the Giants in both Super Bowls since they were playing the Pats.

50 years from now when NFL historians look back they will wonder how that worthless retarded looking douche bag brother of Peyton's won 2 rings.

i don't thin Elway was one of the best ever, he need TD to be good. Eli Didn't have great surrounding player like Elway did when he won his 2 SB. How many HOF players were on Eli's two SB winning teams compared to Elway?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't thin Elway was one of the best ever, he need TD to be good. Eli Didn't have great surrounding player like Elway did when he won his 2 SB. How many HOF players were on Eli's two SB winning teams compared to Elway?

Strahan, and the rest of that Giants D line should make the HOF too. That was arguably the best pass rush of all time. The only pass rush that gave Brady nightmares.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is still an elite qb despite this season.

that's funny stuff right there :10:

He's been marginal to poor his entire career. he has a famous name and had the benefit of playing on some great teams. Great RB's, good WR's that made some of the most phenomenal catches at times when they actually counted and some of the best defenses the league has seen. Basically all he had to do was NOT screw it up. I've never seen the stars align for one qb as much as they did for Eli and "his" 2 rings.

He's not that good, never has been.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strahan, and the rest of that Giants D line should make the HOF too. That was arguably the best pass rush of all time. The only pass rush that gave Brady nightmares.

So one for now, and how many on the Broncos teams?