• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eli Manning

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Trade Eli Manning? Seriously?

Do you know how hard it is to find a decent NFL QB much less a guy as great as Eli? (Yes I said great because he's still a great QB). Look how long it took the Bears to find a franchise QB.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ridiculous. Eli Manning is still Eli freeking Manning, and the rest of the NFL better not forget it once they get these problems solved. The start of this season is clearly an anomaly. He's proven he can play better than this. They're having problems that go WAY beyond Eli .

5 or 6 games and all of a sudden the guy isn't a great QB. :rollseyes: Short sided.

Eli's slump is a bit longer than that. The Giants started the game tonight having gone 3-10 in their last 13, with Eli having thrown 19 INTs over that span.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is still an elite qb despite this season.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eli was clutch for both SB runs. the first one was maybe the great catch performance in play history.

helmet_catch.jpg

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
but these 5 games have been most of the worst qb I've seen in awhile. last year didn't go so well either " not saying it was all eli

That's why I think there are huge problems within the organization that go beyond just personnel and game-planning. This Giants' team isn't as bad as they look. Something weird is going on in NY this season.

It's a slump of monumental proportions, but it doesn't erase all the amazing, clutch plays Eli's made over the years. And he's still perfectly capable of making them.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok, I guess I'll have to be more clear:

I don't see your point about Andrew Luck. Could you elaborate?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I guess I'll have to be more clear:

I don't see your point about Andrew Luck. Could you elaborate?

Sorry ill elaborate. this is all IMO, i m not saying it is the only solution or the best just mine. sometimes it is better to part ways. I personally have never been sold on eli as a world beater. he has had good protection and some great catches that have made his career. He has a lot of value and the giants have a lot of needs. next year is a great qb draft and if nassib isnt the answer you can get what you need. and if you can get a drafts worth of picks for eli while youre at then why not do it?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ala colts not resigning peyton (injury recovery not withstanding) and taking a chance with luck.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If The Giants have the #1 pick overall and are staring down the barrel of a loaded Andrew Luck (who was probably the best rookie QB prospect SINCE Peyton Manning), then sure. Trade Eli.

Of course, something like that is more rare than Michael Vick completing 60% or more of his passes in a season. It's like saying, "I'm gonna quit my job because I have a REALLY good feeling about this lottery ticket."

And there certainly won't be anything even close to Andrew Luck in the 2014 draft.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think there are huge problems within the organization that go beyond just personnel and game-planning. This Giants' team isn't as bad as they look. Something weird is going on in NY this season.

It's a slump of monumental proportions, but it doesn't erase all the amazing, clutch plays Eli's made over the years. And he's still perfectly capable of making them.

But Eli laying out a few fat ones to start the game doesn't ride to well, when you are 0-5.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think they need to place everything on a qb savior. boyd, mariotta, hundley, manziel and bridgewater are all expected to be drafted in the top 10 picks. and at the current rate the would get a top 4 pick as is. trade eli and who knows what else you could get. brigewater, clowney and top 10 Olineman?? plus multiple other round picks. herschel trade won dallas 3 SBs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
i dont think they need to place everything on a qb savior. boyd, mariotta, hundley, manziel and bridgewater are all expected to be drafted in the top 10 picks. and at the current rate the would get a top 4 pick as is. trade eli and who knows what else you could get. brigewater, clowney and top 10 Olineman?? plus multiple other round picks. herschel trade won dallas 3 SBs.

That's one strategy, but missing on a QB can put a team back an entire decade. Especially if that QB isn't completely terrible; if he's just average that's even worse. The Texans have had a bunch of chances to find a good QB in the draft, but they had a franchise anchor known as Matt Schaub holding them back in whom they put all of their confidence. Schaub will NEVER win a Super Bowl. Never. He can't handle great teams.

Eli can handle great teams. If you already have that, it would be insane not to stick with it IMO.

Look at the Falcons. They have an average to decent QB with AMAZING pieces around him (which is what the Giants could probably have if they traded Eli). But the Falcons can't get past great teams simply because Matt Ryan isn't good enough to put 'em over the top.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
trent dilfer won a superbowl.

And like this season for Eli, that was a fluke.

Give QBs like Alex Smith, Matt Schaub, Sam Bradford & Andy Dalton the greatest defense ever assembled + an amazing OL / running game, then they could win a SB. Don't hold your breath though.

It's kind of like saying, "Don't worry that Jonny Manziel is like 5'10. It's not a problem. Look at Russell Wilson." Or "Don't worry that this WR prospect ran an extremely slow 40 time. Look at Anquon Boldin." The rare exceptions don't nullify the rule.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hehe... hook, line, and sinker. Of course Eli earned the rings, I just despise Eli's homers ( OSI, you know you are looking at this)