• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

eli manning.... TERRIBLE, YES

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong on all counts.

Eli threw the ball, basically, to the defensive player. He doesn't get a pass for screwing up. YOU want to make all kinds of excuses for why that INT is not HIS fault, when it most clearly is.

That's your failing, not mine.

If you can't grasp that a QB is supposed to throw the ball to his teammates, and not the opposition, no one here can vouch that you understand football in the slightest.

Eli throws the ball in between 3, THREE San Diego defenders.......and OF COURSE he gets picked off.

But of course we have idiots here that think "well his best WRs weren't on the field, there were extenuating circumstance, blah blah blah"

Dude just stop. You're looking like a bigger fool by the post. Eli fucked up. It's ok......you can admit it.

tenor.gif

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, no joke, I respect Eli. He is not the greatest QB but he is a solid QB who has shown he can win big with the right people around him. That's what this is all about. QBs don't win titles alone.

He literally lost all 3 of his starting WR's yesterday

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not terrible...he's just overrated/overhyped. He's been a pretty good/top 10-ish QB for basically his entire career, but he's a QB that merely rides the tide. He'll perform well when surrounded by talent, and suffer when he isn't - he's not the guy to carry the load.

I probably agree with most of that... and now he has gotten older, he cannot make the plays that he could to make up for some of the deficiencies in talent, where he could to some degree before. Yes, the current NYG O-line does not do him any favours, but even with an average O-line he would have had problems this season.

In fact, many of the problems that have come home to roost this year were there last season, merely masked by a defense playing above its head and a nice load of sheer dumb luck. Apparently many of the underlying metrics were more fitting for a 7-9 team (or worse) rather than a team with a winning record.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably agree with most of that... and now he has gotten older, he cannot make the plays that he could to make up for some of the deficiencies in talent, where he could to some degree before. Yes, the current NYG O-line does not do him any favours, but even with an average O-line he would have had problems this season.

In fact, many of the problems that have come home to roost this year were there last season, merely masked by a defense playing above its head and a nice load of sheer dumb luck. Apparently many of the underlying metrics were more fitting for a 7-9 team (or worse) rather than a team with a winning record.

All fair

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout em!

They beat those Giants!

And my point still stands.

Eli threw a horrible pick to end that game.

All 3 of his starting WRs went down

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what?

He STILL THREW A BAD INT

Not sure what's so hard to grasp about that.

Sure he did

Happens when you are forcing throws to practice squad players

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he did

Happens when you are forcing throws to practice squad players

Funny thing is, I NEVER heard this excuse when Tony Romo was throwing bad INTs

Eli has thrown some bad ones over his career, he's just lucked out he had SB caliber defenses that shut down teams in the playoffs.

I've never seen any other QB run so hot and cold at the same time. One drive he looks like his brother, the next he looks like Jeff George

You all realize he was 3rd in the league in INTs BEFORE he lost all his WRs, right???

I mean it's not like he hasn't led the league multiple times in turnovers. I can't believe we're even having this convo.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is, I NEVER heard this excuse when Tony Romo was throwing bad INTs

Eli has thrown some bad ones over his career, he's just lucked out he had SB caliber defenses that shut down teams in the playoffs.

I've never seen any other QB run so hot and cold at the same time. One drive he looks like his brother, the next he looks like Jeff George

You all realize he was 3rd in the league in INTs BEFORE he lost all his WRs, right???

I mean it's not like he hasn't led the league multiple times in turnovers. I can't believe we're even having this convo.

Eli Manning is behind about 7 hall of famers on the all time INT list

Eli Manning was excellent in both 2007 and 2011 postseasons, especially 2011

Anyone that calls his rings lucky just hates the Giants and isn't interested in an adult conversation

These are all facts supported by statistical evidence

The End

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Manning is behind about 7 hall of famers on the all time INT list

Eli Manning was excellent in both 2007 and 2011 postseasons, especially 2011

Anyone that calls his rings lucky just hates the Giants and isn't interested in an adult conversation

These are all facts supported by statistical evidence

The End

Yes......he runs hot and cold, something I JUST SAID

And yes his defenses were IMO more important to them winning than he was

Held the highest scoring offenses to their lowest output those years, including the SBs

All he had to do was manage the game for the most part. He did make plays and not turnovers, to his credit.

gandog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what?

He STILL THREW A BAD INT

Not sure what's so hard to grasp about that.
Let's see losing, under great pressure from the rush, and his three starter receivers out? Yeah, I TOTALLY understand his desperation heave that was picked off. Totally excusable, and I am NOT an Eli Manning fan.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see losing, under great pressure from the rush, and his three starter receivers out? Yeah, I TOTALLY understand his desperation heave that was picked off. Totally excusable, and I am NOT an Eli Manning fan.

GTFO of here. This is a bash eli thread.:nod:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFO of here. This is a bash eli thread.:nod:
San Diego happy Archie stepped in so Eli didn't end up there. If Eli played for SD, chances are he's no longer in the league. He would've got killed behind some of those lines, lack of stars to throw to and Ds that are/were never close to those of the Giants. Rivers > Eli.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego happy Archie stepped in so Eli didn't end up there. If Eli played for SD, chances are he's no longer in the league. He would've got killed behind some of those lines, lack of stars to throw to and Ds that are/were never close to those of the Giants. Rivers > Eli.

I have always like Rivers. Kid is a ball player.