• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EDWARDS SIGNED

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This deal with Edwards gets better and better. I'm with you guys, hope he goes out there and earns that 3.5 mil. Not sure why they keep reporting it has no guaranteed money though, all he has to do is be on the roster week 1 and his veteran player status guarantees him the base salary.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sorry but i have to disagree. He's one of the more physical receivers i've seen. He's hit some solid blocks down field for our running game as well.

Point taken, numone; in fact, I recall one such pancake block along the left sideline that was quite impressive.

To clarify my comment, I was referring to taking a hit as opposed to delivering one. There are times when a receiver will need to sacrifice his body in order to make a catch and Crabtree tends to avoid those situations.

In addition, we all saw him duck the play on the INT vs. Seattle and he did the same thing on the INT vs. St. Louis. Against Atlanta(?), he ducked on a slant to avoid contact with the LB and the ball, as it has all too often with Crabtree, got tipped into the air. There are more examples, but I hope this helps to clarify what I meant.

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point taken, numone; in fact, I recall one such pancake block along the left sideline that was quite impressive.

To clarify my comment, I was referring to taking a hit as opposed to delivering one. There are times when a receiver will need to sacrifice his body in order to make a catch and Crabtree tends to avoid those situations.

In addition, we all saw him duck the play on the INT vs. Seattle and he did the same thing on the INT vs. St. Louis. Against Atlanta(?), he ducked on a slant to avoid contact with the LB and the ball, as it has all too often with Crabtree, got tipped into the air. There are more examples, but I hope this helps to clarify what I meant.

Got ya. Yeah, that was interesting. I'm wondering if he was playing more injured than we thought. He looked really good against the Eagles, so I'm hoping for more of that. Regardless, he's not going to get away with that with this new regime.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Got ya. Yeah, that was interesting. I'm wondering if he was playing more injured than we thought. He looked really good against the Eagles, so I'm hoping for more of that. Regardless, he's not going to get away with that with this new regime.

Good question about his injury, perhaps. Crabtree has had flashes of brilliance; however, to your point, Harbaugh seems like a HC who will have little patience for 'flashes' of anything.

I have been curious if the Edwards' acquisition was the result of Crabtree's foot or if we were targeting an outside threat regardless. Either way, his presence will allow us to use Crabtree more according to his strengths.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I hear Braylon talk the happier I get with the signing. At least for right now he is saying all the right things. Hopefully actions will back up the words.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their stats beg to differ.

Alex Smith vs Mark Sanchez
59.6 COMP% 54.8
6.93 Yards/A 6.49
1.4 TD/INT 1.3
82.1 RATE 75.3

I was just listening to KNBR the other day and I remember one of the columnists who frequents the flagship mentioned how A.S. had some serious pocket presence and could outrun pressure during his days at Utah. He has since lost that quality as a player and his desire to play the game the right way was put into question by those on the radio show. With Harbaugh as the coach, and with Alex getting little reps with the system due to the lockout, I wonder how Smith is going to acclimate to the "Stanford offense". Smith was known for not only being an intelligent academic student, but for picking up things quickly on the field. He has a chance to prove that real soon.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing is Kap is picking it up real quick too. I'm looking forward to the day he is starting and bombing deep accurate passes.