• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eddy D named honorary Captain this week

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe in a Muslim country, but how can reporting a r*pe ruin a woman's life? That's a copout. The r*pe ruins her life not reporting the r*pe.

Sounds like the battle cry of someone who can justify to himself doing the wrong thing. The ignorance lies in trying to make it more complicated than it really is.

Sounds like the retort of someone who hasn't been alive very long, and knows nothing about r*pe trauma and willful ignorance about the how r*pe cases are prosecuted. Do some research and get back to me.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm someone who sees things clearly and doesn't accept excuses for doing something wrong. If you see a crime and don't report it you're complicit in the crime even if you're the victim.

Convicted rapists are rarely convicted on their first offense. But they would be if a woman did the right thing and went to the police.

Not goingto the police is a huge red flag to me; it says maybe they're lying. People lie.

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about. You are a guy pretending to know what it would be like to be a woman who was sexually assaulted, you have no frame of reference yet you crow on about what you would do and what should be done. It is offensive.

The person in question went to the police and even made a huge stink about it publicly when the DA didn't press charges.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've worked in law enforcement for 5-years and I have dealt with several victims of alleged r*pe or sexual abuse. After investigating the alleged allegations, I'd say 50 to 60-percent of them were false allegations. I have seen a lot of convincing victims, too.

And by no means am I'm using my experiences to set the nation-wide bar on false sexual abuse allegations. I'm just a big advocate of innocent until proven guilty, even in the court of public opinion.

As am I. Which is why he wasn't prosecuted; the DA thought he'd have a lot of trouble getting a conviction on a very high profile case. I don't doubt your stats, but they don't account for a large segment of rapes -- those that never get reported. You might want to explain to the kid a little bit about how horrific the prosecution process is for the victim.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You are a guy pretending to know what it would be like to be a woman who was sexually assaulted

No I'm most certainly not! I'm a guy who knows what is the right thing to do and the wrong thing to do in that situation.

I don't know what it's like to see someone murdered; but if I ever did I'd go straight to the police without even hesitating.

I've known WAY too many r*pe victims, and not one of them went to the police; and by the time I knew 'em the statute of limitations had expired. And these women tell their friends & family members, and those cowards don't go to the police either.

When you start making excuses to hide these things you become a tiny part of the problem.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's telling the truth? Policy or the alleged victim? According to you Carmen is a good guy. If that were true, I don't think any "good guy" would protect even a family member, let alone a friend from being prosecuted for r*pe.

From the news article posted above.

What you don't understand is the attorney/client relationship. I'm sure Eddie told Carmen the same story he told the police (it was consensual, she was drunk, etc.). Carmen is duty bound as an attorney to advocate for his client -- thus, the statement. It's really not so hard to see this. It's not a matter of Carmen or the victim telling the truth. It's a case of the victim telling the truth and Carmen advocating for his client. Defense attorneys do this all the time. As our law enforcement professional stated -- in this country it's innocent until proven guilty. Doesn't mean every non-convicted defendant is innocent (see: Simpson, Orenthal James).

Hasn't Sandusky's attorney said that he's innocent?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that lying about a rich guy raping you is a financial incentive compared to just some schmuck.

I'd execute a rapist on the first offense if I could. But falsely accusing someone of r*pe is the opposite but moral equivalent of a r*pe IMO. I wish the chick who accused the Duke Lacross team got the same sentence a rapist would; but nothing happened to her because not enough people care about justice.

I swear to fucking G-d this guy sounds like Marcus. Are you Marcus? If so, it would explain your sophomoric takes and idiot banter.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No I'm most certainly not! I'm a guy who knows what is the right thing to do and the wrong thing to do in that situation.

I don't know what it's like to see someone murdered; but if I ever did I'd go straight to the police without even hesitating.

I've known WAY too many r*pe victims, and not one of them went to the police; and by the time I knew 'em the statute of limitations had expired. And these women tell their friends & family members, and those cowards don't go to the police either.

When you start making excuses to hide these things you become a tiny part of the problem.

Seeing someone get murdered is nothing like being sexually assaulted.

You really have no way to know about what you are talking about.

This fucking thread sucks.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As am I. Which is why he wasn't prosecuted; the DA thought he'd have a lot of trouble getting a conviction on a very high profile case. I don't doubt your stats, but they don't account for a large segment of rapes -- those that never get reported. You might want to explain to the kid a little bit about how horrific the prosecution process is for the victim.

It's definitely a horrific process for the victims - which is why a) most victims only testify in trials and not the prelims. And b) most DA offices try to reach plea deals with offenders prior to any trial.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I swear to fucking G-d this guy sounds like Marcus. Are you Marcus? If so, it would explain your sophomoric takes and idiot banter.

Sophomoric??? That is absolutely clueless! Falsely accusing someone of r*pe if about as evil a thing a woman can do to a man.

And I've never posted under a different name except when I lost a bet to imac in 2002 and I posted under the name "GirlymanMangina" for a week on the ESPN forum (Eagles - Rams NFC Championship).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing what it's like to be a victim of a cartain crime isn't a qualifier to know the right or wrong thing to do about it.

You should really try the silence thing now....you know, better seen and not heard and all...

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you don't understand is the attorney/client relationship. I'm sure Eddie told Carmen the same story he told the police (it was consensual, she was drunk, etc.). Carmen is duty bound as an attorney to advocate for his client -- thus, the statement. It's really not so hard to see this. It's not a matter of Carmen or the victim telling the truth. It's a case of the victim telling the truth and Carmen advocating for his client. Defense attorneys do this all the time. As our law enforcement professional stated -- in this country it's innocent until proven guilty. Doesn't mean every non-convicted defendant is innocent (see: Simpson, Orenthal James).

Hasn't Sandusky's attorney said that he's innocent?

Policy stated he was with the group that night. The victim told your GF that Policy was not there.

And if Policy was with the group, the Attorney/Client Confidentiality Rule would not apply for a number of reasons including: a) Policy would have had to been acting in the capacity as an attorney (not a friend) at the time of the communication. And b) the communication must be between the attorney and client exclusively (not within a group setting as this would have been).

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hypothetical to you:

You are an average Joe in the town you live in and are not well known. The richest, most powerful, most popular, and most feared person in your town comes and sexually harasses your wife. All his henchmen/lackey's have weapons and a menacing look on their faces. He tells you that if you say anything, that he'll kill you, your wife and the rest of your family. Even if he gets caught, he'll make sure that you and your loved ones die a painful death. Do you run and tell the police because it's the "right thing to do"? I highly doubt it.

What if you consult privately with a lawyer who tells you that he/she is too scared to prosecute or even if he did prosecute, advises you that there's no way he'll ever get a conviction. Are you a coward?

EDIT: I am not saying whether Eddie Debartolo is innocent or guilty. This is strictly a hypothetical scenario.

Last edited by a moderator: