• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eddy D named honorary Captain this week

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I remember the Regina Baross situation.
What was the point of sharing the story TZill?

buck335

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here is an article about it:

Regina Baross | Lifting Veil of Secrecy in r*pe Cases Called an Effort to Regain Control : Crime: The women making the charges still face the stigma, but are willing to take that risk to recover management of their lives, experts say. - Los Angeles T

In March, Regina Baross, 24, of Redwood City held a news conference to criticize the San Mateo County district attorney for not filing charges against 49ers owner Edward DeBartolo Jr. The cocktail waitress's name already had been leaked, but had not been used by the media.

"I just don't see justice here at all," Baross said. "I was drinking quite a bit, but I was sober enough to know I was being violated."

Dist. Atty. James Fox said he decided not to file charges because Baross provided inconsistent statements and was intoxicated at the time of the alleged assault, which she said occurred in the bedroom of DeBartolo's Menlo Park home. She went there voluntarily after partying with a group.

DeBartolo, who refused to cooperate with authorities, hasn't spoken about her charges. But 49ers president and DeBartolo's close friend, Carmen Policy, who was with the group earlier in the evening, said they were false.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't answer: did she go to the police or not? If she was raped then she should go to the police. It's pretty simple.

Dude, if you think r*pe is "simple" then I really don't know what to say for you. If you don't understand that it is just about the most underreported crime in the US, then you just aren't going to get it.

It's not black and white. And yes, she DID go to the police.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Not good enough. You personally may feel that way, which is your right, but I would need some kind of actual evidence besides my girlfriend at the time fifteen years ago knew someone who accused him of r*pe to which no one who follows the team to the unhealthiest degree has ever heard of it. Again, who cares if you convince me, a random dude from a message board, but unless I saw something, anything to back up what you're claiming- which is hearsay upon hearsay- I'm assuming you're either making it up or you're severely ill-informed.

Feel free to assume whatever you'd like; I don't feel a need to convince you. I lived through the whole horrible time. He fucked up a lot of people's lives.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dude, if you think r*pe is "simple" then I really don't know what to say for you. If you don't understand that it is just about the most underreported crime in the US, then you just aren't going to get it.

That doesn't make it ok. I don't care if it's hard; life's hard. Don't be a coward; you get raped you report it because otherwise you're letting a predator go free. That's wrong.

And yes, she DID go to the police.

Good for her. Obviously I'm not going to just take your word for this over Debartolo's, but at least she backed up her claim with a police report.

Oh and seriously: chill out. I'm not the one who raped her; I'm just trying to be fair.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't make it ok. I don't care if it's hard; life's hard. Don't be a coward; you get raped you report it because otherwise you're letting a predator go free. That's wrong.

Good for her. Obviously I'm not going to just take your word for this over Debartolo's, but at least she backed up her claim with a police report.

Oh and seriously: chill out. I'm not the one who raped her; I'm just trying to be fair.

Dude, I'll let it go with this: you don't seem to know much about r*pe and how it affects women -- reporting it can ruin a woman's life which is why it's so under reported. Second, I'm going to let "life's hard" go....you'll look back on that comment in a few years and realize it was just youthful ignorance.

My point was made; a few more people are aware of ED's actions. I don't feel a need to bring it up again.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dude, I'll let it go with this: you don't seem to know much about r*pe and how it affects women -- reporting it can ruin a woman's life which is why it's so under reported.

Maybe in a Muslim country, but how can reporting a r*pe ruin a woman's life? That's a copout. The r*pe ruins her life not reporting the r*pe.

Second, I'm going to let "life's hard" go....you'll look back on that comment in a few years and realize it was just youthful ignorance.

Sounds like the battle cry of someone who can justify to himself doing the wrong thing. The ignorance lies in trying to make it more complicated than it really is.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's telling the truth? Policy or the alleged victim? According to you Carmen is a good guy. If that were true, I don't think any "good guy" would protect even a family member, let alone a friend from being prosecuted for r*pe.

B/C Carmen (and his wife Gail, both of whom I've had the pleasure of meeting) are good people and Carmen did a lot for the franchise. Policy wasn't present at the incident according to the victim.

From the news article posted above.

But 49ers president and DeBartolo's close friend, Carmen Policy, who was with the group earlier in the evening, said they were false.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've worked in law enforcement for 5-years and I have dealt with several victims of alleged r*pe or sexual abuse. After investigating the alleged allegations, I'd say 50 to 60-percent of them were false allegations. I have seen a lot of convincing victims, too.

And by no means am I'm using my experiences to set the nation-wide bar on false sexual abuse allegations. I'm just a big advocate of innocent until proven guilty, even in the court of public opinion.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wonder what that percentage is if the alleged culprit is a Billionaire.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I find it pretty distasteful for a male to be judging a woman's actions after she was assaulted.
Who the fuck are you to call any r*pe victim a coward?

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it pretty distasteful for a male to be judging a woman's actions after she was assaulted.

Agreed x 1,000.

Everyone deals with their own traumatic events in different ways, and I don't feel any way is wrong.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My point is that lying about a rich guy raping you is a financial incentive compared to just some schmuck.

I'd execute a rapist on the first offense if I could. But falsely accusing someone of r*pe is the opposite but moral equivalent of a r*pe IMO. I wish the chick who accused the Duke Lacross team got the same sentence a rapist would; but nothing happened to her because not enough people care about justice.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

That attitude is bull shit. I'm someone who sees things clearly and doesn't accept excuses for doing something wrong. If you see a crime and don't report it you're complicit in the crime even if you're the victim.

Convicted rapists are rarely convicted on their first offense BEACUSE people don't report the crime. Not reporting it puts another potential victim in danger. That's just the way it is.

Not going to the police is a huge red flag to me; it says maybe they're lying. People lie.

Last edited by a moderator: