• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics played a little better in the 2nd half but the lack of a go to scorer at the end killed them. They had the ball three times in a row down by 7 and couldn't score. Instead of being down maybe three, they blow those three possessions and then let the Cavs score two buckets to put it away. Its a glaring weakness for this team.

The game was lost in the 1st qtr.
The difference between games 1 and 2 was that Boston continued to fight which allowed the score to be respectable.
They were never even close to being in a position to actually win it.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad... at the very least... that Boston had a little fight in them after they got blitzed early in Game 4... they hung around all game and at least remained in striking distance until late.

With home court, the C's still have a good chance... but they have to outwork the Cav's.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?
You think 13/12 in 38 minutes played is something special?

And, yes, Love was shit, and as usual it didn’t matter.

The only thing time vindicates with the Cavs is that James needs to carry them every night.

This series has been typical NBA.

Role players much better at home.

Game 5 should be fun.
please dont be so bitter.

13 pts, 12 boards, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal, 1 personal foul- guarding the other teams if not best player, certainly their most important player for the most part and holding him to 5/13 shooting in 44 minutes was an absolutely crucial performance by Tristan Thompson.

Although Korver was big too-- 3 blocks by Korver- and he was jumping on the floor for loose balls, etc..playing very solid defense for a 37 year old player.

If the Cavs can hold Boston to 40% shooting they will win--- now I absolutely do not expect that on the road--- but the Cavs defense was very solid last night- and a huge part of that was TT. Plus i mean the dude was the leading rebounder in the game last night.

Sounds like a pretty stellar effort to me. I gotta say its at least better than playing 10 minutes, losing and whining about playing time. lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this almost seemed the reverse of game 2

the Cavs did not play that great after the 1st quarter- especially in the 2nd half- and came away with the win. Love played like shit.

Tristan Thompson has been a series-changer since he has been playing. Lue finally made a good adjustment there. His size, athleticism and grit have really been huge for the Cavs these last 2 games. Thompsons defense on Al Horford has been so extremely important.

I think the Cavs can live with JAylen Brown going for 25 points if it takes him 25 shots to get tehre.

An underated part of Boston not having Hayward and Irving is the back end of their rotation. The Celtics bench tonight was Baynes, Smart and Ojeleye and thats just a pretty piss poor bench.

I kind of think the Cavs win Game 5--- but again- who the hell knows in this crazy series. Boston wont shoot 40% from the field on their home floor- i doubt it at least.

Tristan Thompson 13 points, 12 boards 6/10 shooting great D on Al Horford 2 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal only 1 personal foul. A great effort by TT- he was the Cavs 2nd best player tonight and was hugely important to the Cavs tying up the Eastern Conference Finals in what was a must-win game. #timevindicates

They wont win making 18 TO’s and playing like shit in a 2nd half

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please dont be so bitter.

13 pts, 12 boards, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal, 1 personal foul- guarding the other teams if not best player, certainly their most important player for the most part and holding him to 5/13 shooting in 44 minutes was an absolutely crucial performance by Tristan Thompson.

Although Korver was big too-- 3 blocks by Korver- and he was jumping on the floor for loose balls, etc..playing very solid defense for a 37 year old player.

If the Cavs can hold Boston to 40% shooting they will win--- now I absolutely do not expect that on the road--- but the Cavs defense was very solid last night- and a huge part of that was TT. Plus i mean the dude was the leading rebounder in the game last night.

Sounds like a pretty stellar effort to me. I gotta say its at least better than playing 10 minutes, losing and whining about playing time. lol.

I love the “bitter” reference AGAIN for the 200th time?
Too funny.

Like I said, TT played a nice game, Love sucked, and James did 90% of the heavy lifting.

Seems to me like you have very low self confidence, if you feel vindicated, great!!

Its basketball, just take it for what it is, entertainment.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?
You think 13/12 in 38 minutes played is something special?

And, yes, Love was shit, and as usual it didn’t matter.

The only thing time vindicates with the Cavs is that James needs to carry them every night.

This series has been typical NBA.

Role players much better at home.

Game 5 should be fun.

Meh the stats never matter for TT. He played great D on Horford and the pick and roll. A couple key blocks that sparked the team. Without him they were lost in this series, Horford was abusing Love

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or how about this? When James rested late in the first quarter, the Cavs out-scored Boston 8-1.

How about I said the other day that the Cavs needed to play some more minutes without James to get others involved.

Celts couldn’t throw it in the ocean.
I wasn’t surprised.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Korver epitomizes Cleveland Cavaliers' playoff mantra: 'That's a guy that's all about winning'

His reputation built as one of the most proficient shooters in NBA history, veteran Kyle Korver found a new, entirely unexpected way to amaze his teammates.

With less than a minute remaining in the third quarter of Monday's Eastern Conference finals Game 4, George Hill tapped a jump ball to LeBron James who flicked it into the backcourt.

That's when the race started. It was 37-year-old Korver vs. Terry Rozier, Marcus Morris and Marcus Smart. A trio of 20-somethings, clearly Boston had the edge, right?

"I felt Rozier just race past me," Korver said when recalling the play. "I felt so incredibly old and slow when I dove after that ball, but the heart was in the right spot."

Heart. Hustle. Determination. Toughness. Just a few of the things the Cavaliers were missing in the first two games to open the series, falling behind 0-2 and needing to look in the mirror before starting to mount their comeback. Korver was oozing with all of those traits as he took a face-first plunge onto the Quicken Loans Arena hardwood and knocked the ball off Rozier to keep possession.

"That means that's a guy that's all about winning, and whatever it takes to win," head coach Tyronn Lue said of the play that sent the sellout crowd into frenzy. "You very rarely see a 36-year-old running full speed against Marcus Smart, against Rozier and diving for the loose ball and laying it all on the line."

"I've loved Kyle ever since we made the trade to get him here," James said. "I have no idea how Griff [David Griffin] was able to pull that off still to this day. He's just a true professional. There's not many of us '03 class guys still around. I feel like we're just cut from a different cloth because we've been around for so long. We have this work ethic and you see him every day putting in the work, putting his mind, his body into it. It's not about his age. I think it's just always keeping his body in the right position, especially in tonight's game."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh the stats never matter for TT. He played great D on Horford and the pick and roll. A couple key blocks that sparked the team. Without him they were lost in this series, Horford was abusing Love
You are definitely right...hell, without Thompson they prob dont get passed Indiana......

honestly him and Korver have been absolutely critical to the Cavs getting back to 2-2.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That what happens when your "go to guys" are fucking Horford, Rozier. Tatum, or Brown. :L You can't score worth a shit.

Of course, the retard Letots on here will try and hype them up about what a "great team" these Celtics are (missing their two best players mind you). Anything to make their hero look better than he really is

The rest are pretty much role players. Get your heads out of your rears. These guys aren't stars. ROFLMAO

I said it before, the Celtics probably wouldn't even make the playoffs in the West. this is an indictment on how PATHETIC the East is whether than how good Lebron and the Cavs are. I hope they have a ton of finals appearance. :L

Basically, Lebron will continue to be hyped up against these D-League GARBAGE East Squads, UNTIL be finally has to play a legit quality team then the LeTots disappear once again

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said he had a nice game, but it was far from special.

All of the sudden Horford is Hakeem?
Its smart for the Cavs to pay extra attention to Horford when they can see that the others on the court are mostly launching bricks.

Its been the exact same pattern for Boston these entire playoffs.

Why is anyone surprised?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That what happens when your "go to guys" are fucking Horford, Rozier. Tatum, or Brown. :L You can't score worth a shit.

Of course, the retard Letots on here will try and hype them up about what a "great team" these Celtics are (missing their two best players mind you). Anything to make their hero look better than he really is

The rest are pretty much role players. Get your heads out of your rears. These guys aren't stars. ROFLMAO

I said it before, the Celtics probably wouldn't even make the playoffs in the West. this is an indictment on how PATHETIC the East is whether than how good Lebron and the Cavs are. I hope they have a ton of finals appearance. :L

Basically, Lebron will continue to be hyped up against these D-League GARBAGE East Squads, UNTIL be finally has to play a legit quality team then the LeTots disappear once again
Tatum- 3rd overall
Brown- 3rd overall
Rozier- 16th overall
Horford- 3rd overall
Smart- 7th overall
Morris- 14th overall

now- of course draft position only means so much once you enter the league--- but my point is the Celtics, while they are very young, have guys that are extremely talented and went very high in the draft because of their talent--- even without Kyrie and Hayward.

I agree- they should not be able beat the Cavs--- they MIGHT be able to though. The Nets hooked them up just so ridiculously.

And you have to say--- a #2 seed, and winning two playoff series and going up 2-0 gives them at least SOME legitimacy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he had a nice game, but it was far from special.

All of the sudden Horford is Hakeem?
Its smart for the Cavs to pay extra attention to Horford when they can see that the others on the court are mostly launching bricks.

Its been the exact same pattern for Boston these entire playoffs.

Why is anyone surprised?
dont be mad tt owns you. lol

can you please finally admit that if you wanted to win 1 game youd definitely rather have Thompson than your big 7 foot whiner/stiff that cant get off the bench in thep layoffs?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont be mad tt owns you. lol

Theres that low self confidence again.
Keep telling yourself you’re correct if it makes you feel better.

At least we’ll be spared the ‘how great Love is’ posts!!

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting game last night. IMO the rook has looked lost the last two games.

Its good to see the Cavs stepping up their D.

Each team has held serve. Boston needs to hold serve now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your hatred for Lebron is really boiling over, isn't it?

Of course the Celtics are missing arguably their top 2 players (or at least 2 of their top 3). Horford is a great player, just not elite. Tatum and Brown are emerging lottery picks that will be part of the face of the league in the coming years. Rozier is a tough matchup with his speed, but he's a depth player getting extra minutes due to injuries.

Are you going to argue that JR Smith, Tristan, Love, and Korver aren't a worse group of players? I'm far from a Lebron fan, but it's pretty obvious he's not getting much help. It's the garbage pail guys like Tristan (and even Nance in limited minutes last night) that are keeping the team afloat behind him.

BTW, the Celtics had a better record against the West than they did the East. They would be in a similar position had they been in the West.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It looks like the cortizone cream and the gauge patches is not doing its job on you. DoRo, in all seriousness, the Raptors have had some windows of opportunity. Yes this is over for this generation but do you think they can/will rebuild? Your players have value