• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics played a little better in the 2nd half but the lack of a go to scorer at the end killed them. They had the ball three times in a row down by 7 and couldn't score. Instead of being down maybe three, they blow those three possessions and then let the Cavs score two buckets to put it away. Its a glaring weakness for this team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 5 will be huge. Celtics were in this position with the bucks in the first round and handled themselves well in game 5.

LeBron might need a 2007 ECF Game 5 throwback performance on Wednesday.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this almost seemed the reverse of game 2

the Cavs did not play that great after the 1st quarter- especially in the 2nd half- and came away with the win. Love played like shit.

Tristan Thompson has been a series-changer since he has been playing. Lue finally made a good adjustment there. His size, athleticism and grit have really been huge for the Cavs these last 2 games. Thompsons defense on Al Horford has been so extremely important.

I think the Cavs can live with JAylen Brown going for 25 points if it takes him 25 shots to get tehre.

An underated part of Boston not having Hayward and Irving is the back end of their rotation. The Celtics bench tonight was Baynes, Smart and Ojeleye and thats just a pretty piss poor bench.

I kind of think the Cavs win Game 5--- but again- who the hell knows in this crazy series. Boston wont shoot 40% from the field on their home floor- i doubt it at least.

Tristan Thompson 13 points, 12 boards 6/10 shooting great D on Al Horford 2 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal only 1 personal foul. A great effort by TT- he was the Cavs 2nd best player tonight and was hugely important to the Cavs tying up the Eastern Conference Finals in what was a must-win game. #timevindicates

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the game was moderately close for once this conference finals. I give some props to Cleveland's much improved defense but Boston played some really stupid basketball in the 1st half. If they cleaned that up, they could have won the game even with Cleveland playing as well as they did all game. It's just too hard for a young team to constantly keep digging themselves out of a hole.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Sam Bowie is a good example. For years people talked shit about the Trailblazers taking Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan.

The guy they really wanted, Hakeem Olajuwon was taken #1 by the Rockets. The Blazers needed a center because Bill Walton's feet were made out of paper mache. They already had some guy named Clyde Drexler who I hear was pretty good. So they passed on MJ and drafted Bowie.

Top 3 picks that season were Hakeem, Bowie and MJ. It was the Blazers bad luck that Bowie's knees turned out to be made out of the same substance as Walton's feet.

I was going to come back on this exact thing. The good luck of the Bulls and the bad of Portland.

Don't for second think this Warriors team hasn't had any luck, or that it was all super smart management and perfect decisions. They had a shit-ton of luck to go with some good decisions. How could it be otherwise?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to come back on this exact thing. The good luck of the Bulls and the bad of Portland.

Don't for second think this Warriors team hasn't had any luck, or that it was all super smart management and perfect decisions. They had a shit-ton of luck to go with some good decisions. How could it be otherwise?
didnt you guys use your amnesty on Charlie Bell in order to try and max DeAndre Jordan?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt you guys use your amnesty on Charlie Bell in order to try and max DeAndre Jordan?

Hell yeah. Part of their luck has been deals they wanted not happening.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics played a little better in the 2nd half but the lack of a go to scorer at the end killed them. They had the ball three times in a row down by 7 and couldn't score. Instead of being down maybe three, they blow those three possessions and then let the Cavs score two buckets to put it away. Its a glaring weakness for this team.

This is spot on, and yet, we have @tlance arguing that the Celtics don't miss Kyrie and Gordon...LOL.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was...way off lol

stab in the dark i guess

this goes 7

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this almost seemed the reverse of game 2

the Cavs did not play that great after the 1st quarter- especially in the 2nd half- and came away with the win. Love played like shit.

Tristan Thompson has been a series-changer since he has been playing. Lue finally made a good adjustment there. His size, athleticism and grit have really been huge for the Cavs these last 2 games. Thompsons defense on Al Horford has been so extremely important.

I think the Cavs can live with JAylen Brown going for 25 points if it takes him 25 shots to get tehre.

An underated part of Boston not having Hayward and Irving is the back end of their rotation. The Celtics bench tonight was Baynes, Smart and Ojeleye and thats just a pretty piss poor bench.

I kind of think the Cavs win Game 5--- but again- who the hell knows in this crazy series. Boston wont shoot 40% from the field on their home floor- i doubt it at least.

Tristan Thompson 13 points, 12 boards 6/10 shooting great D on Al Horford 2 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal only 1 personal foul. A great effort by TT- he was the Cavs 2nd best player tonight and was hugely important to the Cavs tying up the Eastern Conference Finals in what was a must-win game. #timevindicates

Seriously?
You think 13/12 in 38 minutes played is something special?

And, yes, Love was shit, and as usual it didn’t matter.

The only thing time vindicates with the Cavs is that James needs to carry them every night.

This series has been typical NBA.

Role players much better at home.

Game 5 should be fun.