• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston needed Rondo to go down in order to get by a 41-41 Bulls. Lets stop acting like the Celtics were some impressive team. I've never been sold on them. Great regular season team. Flawed playoff team.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes.

Miami matched up horribly with what the Celtics do.

Miami has wretched defensive guards. Isaiah would have averaged 40 a game and Bradley/Smart/Rozier/Crowder would have given Dragic and Waiters fits.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I am. Are you?

The two guys you just shit on are the two guys who just carried their team to the ECF.

Not John Wall and Bradley Beal. Not Jimmy Butler and Dwyane Wade. Not Giannis Antetokounmpo, Paul George or any other now or potential max contract guy bubbling around the east. Certainly not Dragic and Whiteside.

Call me old-school, but I still think the scoreboard matters more than the stat sheet.

Apparently you haven't been watching the scoreboard in the Cavs series. Cleveland's setting records on the Celtics and Horford/IT didn't do shit the first two games.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Miami matched up horribly with what the Celtics do.

Miami has wretched defensive guards. Isaiah would have averaged 40 a game and Bradley/Smart/Rozier/Crowder would have given Dragic and Waiters fits.

Miami was 5th in defensive efficiency for the season. Boston's also a shit rebounding team. I wonder how they would've handled Whiteside on the boards? Considering TT's been making a playground of the Celtics collective assholes. Try again.

Hollinger's NBA Team Stats - ESPN Insider - National Basketball Association - ESPN

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see @AlpacaWine lasting long here. Dude thinks IT getting a max contract would be a great thing. Have at it. That window will shut quicker than you know it.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston needed Rondo to go down in order to get by a 41-41 Bulls. Lets stop acting like the Celtics were some impressive team. I've never been sold on them. Great regular season team. Flawed playoff team.

Every team is a flawed playoff team.

And I could as easily say "Chicago needed personal tragedy to strike the Celtics in order to avoid getting swept"

Celtics would have pounded Miami.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami was 5th in defensive efficiency for the season. Boston's also a shit rebounding team. I wonder how they would've handled Whiteside on the boards? Considering TT's been making a playground of the Celtics collective assholes. Try again.

Hollinger's NBA Team Stats - ESPN Insider - National Basketball Association - ESPN

Nothing you just said changes anything I said.

The Celtics were 4-0 vs Miami in the regular season. Miami would have given certain teams a tough series. Boston isn't one of them. Tailor made team for the Celtics to exploit with what they do well.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team is a flawed playoff team.

And I could as easily say "Chicago needed personal tragedy to strike the Celtics in order to avoid getting swept"

Celtics would have pounded Miami.

The Bulls were doing whatever they wanted on the Celtics when Rondo was healthy. Once he went out, their offense went to shit. Rondo stays healthy, Boston's another first round exit and Stevens is on the hot seat. Also, I don't see how you can say Boston would've blown any team out. Their current performance thus far in this round shows they're not exactly a power house. You'd have a better argument to be made that the Cavs/Wiz/Spurs would blow out the Heat - not the Celtics. Sorry, but your team is just another team in the pack. There's a reason everyone's saying Boston's the most overrated #1 seed in the history of the NBA.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing you just said changes anything I said.

The Celtics were 4-0 vs Miami in the regular season. Miami would have given certain teams a tough series. Boston isn't one of them. Tailor made team for the Celtics to exploit with what they do well.

Three of those games were in Nov/Dec. When Miami went 11-30. The March 26th game was without Waiters where the Celtics won by 4. So you barely beat the Heat in any of these matches and think you would've swept the Heat in the playoffs where it's completely different. Chicago went 4-0 against the Cavs, you think they sweep Cleveland? If so, I have luxury property in Tallahassee, FL. to sell you.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls were doing whatever they wanted on the Celtics when Rondo was healthy. Once he went out, their offense went to shit. Rondo stays healthy, Boston's another first round exit and Stevens is on the hot seat. Also, I don't see how you can say Boston would've blown any team out. Their current performance thus far in this round shows they're not exactly a power house. You'd have a better argument to be made that the Cavs/Wiz/Spurs would blow out the Heat - not the Celtics. Sorry, but your team is just another team in the pack. There's a reason everyone's saying Boston's the most overrated #1 seed in the history of the NBA.

Yeah, much more convenient to put all your stock into those two Bulls losses than the other 94 they played to get to the ECF.

I'm sure you're right. The 41 win Heat were a wagon.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three of those games were in Nov/Dec. When Miami went 11-30. The March 26th game was without Waiters where the Celtics won by 4. So you barely beat the Heat in any of these matches and think you would've swept the Heat in the playoffs where it's completely different. Chicago went 4-0 against the Cavs, you think they sweep Cleveland? If so, I have luxury property in Tallahassee, FL. to sell you.

Good point. If you ignore all of the games where the Heat sucked, they had a great season.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... It's absurd how badly Isaiah abused Miami this season.

Scored 25, then 23 in a game he was ejected in the 3rd quarter. Scored 52 in game 3 and then dropped 30 in a game late in the season that Miami desperately needed for the playoffs.

Good talk

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are not even a "great" regular season team. 53 wins is a very low total for a first seed that didn't rest their players during the regular season.

Good team, yes. But even with them getting the 1st seed, everybody knew which was the best team in the conference.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see @AlpacaWine lasting long here. Dude thinks IT getting a max contract would be a great thing. Have at it. That window will shut quicker than you know it.
He brings a different perspective which is fine with me. We can't all think alike.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt one of them.
Matter of fact, I was the first to defend.
Hes still not getting a max from me unless hes my 4th best player.
He must be referring to @Shanemansj13 and @DorianRo saying he begged off, is not mentally tough and I believe one of them straight up called the guy a bitch...lol

Because, If saying I wouldn't give him a max is shitting on him, every GM in the NBA outside of Philly, Milwaukee and Jersey is lining up with a roll of toilet paper in hand.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must be referring to @Shanemansj13 and @DorianRo saying he begged off, is not mentally tough and I believe one of them straight up called the guy a bitch...lol

Because, If saying I wouldn't give him a max is shitting on him, every GM in the NBA outside of Philly, Milwaukee and Jersey is lining up with a roll of toilet paper in hand.

Idk what is going on but who the fuck is AlpacaWine and where did he think of that name? Lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not even a "great" regular season team. 53 wins is a very low total for a first seed that didn't rest their players during the regular season.

Good team, yes. But even with them getting the 1st seed, everybody knew which was the best team in the conference.
They would have been the 4th seed in the West.