• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think he is not mentally tough, some of his teammates too. You talk shit before the series and shit your pants. I would want to not play the rest of the series after getting manhandled.
if this series was tied 1-1 he would be suiting up and at least giving it a go.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly my biggest concern right now is just to get everyone out healthy....hopefully there is nothing dirty these next 2 games out of frustration.

hopefully we just get some hard-fought prideful efforts out of the Celtics and nothing dirty. Last thing the Cavs need is an injury and then JR losing his mind and retaliating and getting suspended. Everyone else i have faith with to keep their head if someone gets cheap shotted - JR just cant be controlled though- hes gonna stick up for his guys. He really doesnt give a fuck- for better- or most likely- worse.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think he is not mentally tough, some of his teammates too. You talk shit before the series and shit your pants. I would want to not play the rest of the series after getting manhandled.
i remember this one time in college playing intermural flag football.....the playoffs had a ton of teams in them obviously since im sure there were dozens of teams in the regular season---- we played this team that was undefeated and blew them out like 42-0---and at the end they started taking cheap shots---- when people think that they can/should win and all of a sudden are getting their ass handed to them they get angry.

I kinda almost feel like thats what we are gonna get hear. I think the Celtics are a prideful team- and getting the #1 seed, and making it to the conference Finals i really think they wanted to believe they had a chance. Once it was apparent that they are still miles away i think it really bruised their ego and confidence. They arent much closer to the Cavs than they were 2 years ago when Olnyk ripped Love's shoulder out of his socket and the Cavs swept the Celtics. I think they are mad about it to--- its a little humiliating being the 1 seed and having your shit pushed in while in your own building-- twice- one a historic shellacking.

Hopefully it doesnt result in any - or too much- extra curricular activity on the court.

Honestly its gonna be hilarious if the Cavs go 12-0 in the East.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly my biggest concern right now is just to get everyone out healthy....hopefully there is nothing dirty these next 2 games out of frustration.

hopefully we just get some hard-fought prideful efforts out of the Celtics and nothing dirty. Last thing the Cavs need is an injury and then JR losing his mind and retaliating and getting suspended. Everyone else i have faith with to keep their head if someone gets cheap shotted - JR just cant be controlled though- hes gonna stick up for his guys. He really doesnt give a fuck- for better- or most likely- worse.

Agreed, I hope Warriors Cavs III is finally the one with both teams at full strength...the ratings on that shit are going to be astronomical.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even i have to admit though- the Cavs have been very lucky - facing teams injury wise---- as have the Dubs.

When you look at it that way--- not a lot of it IS probably luck. The Warriors and Cavs rested guys towards the end of the regular season and finished up their series quick-- everyone got plenty of rest- and only played the minimum games to avoid injuries.

but to a certain extent--- yah- there is luck since - knock on wood- everyone on the Cavs has been healthy.

Lowry was a huge loss for Toronto- prob their best player--- and now the Celtics best player goes down. If the Cavs were healthy and those other teams were hurt---- i mean- this is the result that was gonna happen.

I gotta admit- 10-0 is fun to watch though. Especially since the Cavs are playing genuinely great baskebtall.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even i have to admit though- the Cavs have been very lucky - facing teams injury wise---- as have the Dubs.

When you look at it that way--- not a lot of it IS probably luck. The Warriors and Cavs rested guys towards the end of the regular season and finished up their series quick-- everyone got plenty of rest- and only played the minimum games to avoid injuries.

but to a certain extent--- yah- there is luck since - knock on wood- everyone on the Cavs has been healthy.

Lowry was a huge loss for Toronto- prob their best player--- and now the Celtics best player goes down. If the Cavs were healthy and those other teams were hurt---- i mean- this is the result that was gonna happen.

I gotta admit- 10-0 is fun to watch though. Especially since the Cavs are playing genuinely great baskebtall.

Feel like the Dubs have been just a little bit more lucky on the injury front with other teams. I didn't take Portland and Utah seriously with their injuries. Those respective series weren't going anywhere past 5. The Spurs on the other hand were going to take that thing 6 or 7, but lost Kawhi midway through game 1 - that's huge.

As far as Cleveland, yes they've benefited to a certain degree. However, I never really took Toronto seriously to begin with and Toronto lost Lowry after game 2 iirc. Toronto ended up getting blown out in 3 and 4 at their own home. IT being out for the Celtics obviously signals the end for any remote chances they had on coming back. But Cleveland was handing them their ass in game 2 with a healthy IT. I seriously doubt he would've made any type of difference for the C's.

At least I came close to predicting this series. While most thought this could go 6, I went with 5 while leaning towards sweep.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series was over and the Celtics were absolutely embarrased, at their place, with Thomas on the floor. IMO this injury did not affect the outcome in any way.

Lowry, yep that was a bit of a break, but it's nothing like the Spurs missing Parker and especially Leonard.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this series was tied 1-1 he would be suiting up and at least giving it a go.

Agree. The Cavs put the writing on the wall by giving the Celtics an even worse beating at home in game 2 than they did in game 1.

No sense in risking further injury in a series that is already over except for the Cavs hoping no one gets hurt over the next 2 games.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering that an injury can come at any time and guys have suffered serious injuries on plays where there was little or no contact, there's definitely some luck involved in making it this far relatively injury free.

But I agree that the fewer games they have to play, the less likely that someone will get hurt.

Yeah, a lot of potential intrigue gets lost when top players get hurt. That's part of the "luck" factor when it comes to injuries as well. Maybe without losing those players, the Cavs are forced to play their best players more minutes/more games. But it's happened for both the Cavs and Warriors and both have stayed healthy themselves so far.

Hopefully, this means we get both teams rested and healthy this time because that should make for a finals that makes up for the shit show we've seen so far.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting James Jones would say this- esp. since hes played with LeBron for quite a few years

"Not just from a personnel standpoint, but also from a personality, from a character standpoint," Jones said of what makes the 2017 Cavs as good as any team he's been on. "We all mesh well, we're all complementary, and we're all winners. And that is a big part of why we look so good and we mesh so well on the floor, because socially and mentally, we're very similar."

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas "begged" because hes a bitch. He runs his mouth against nobodies but his dick turns inwards against superior competition.

No team should want that Carny midget. Hes you're typical BULLY that projected strength on the ball court to compensate for his lack of size both vertically and horizontally
giphy.gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs -16 and the Warriors -9?

Wow, are the Celtics that big of a joke?

Cavs are gonna win.

But, I think Lue is gonna be able to rest guys in the 4th.

I think I will sit this one out.

Fwiw, this was my biggest fear if the Paper Clips would have advanced.

The Warriors would have beat them by 60.

Alas, My good ole Clippers did the hairball thang as usual.

#SobCity

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs -16 and the Warriors -9?

Wow, are the Celtics that big of a joke?

Cavs are gonna win.

But, I think Lue is gonna be able to rest guys in the 4th.

I think I will sit this one out.

Fwiw, this was my biggest fear of the Paper Clips would have advanced.

The Warriors would have beat them by 60.

Drop all your vcash on both these teams, if Kawhi isnt 100%. Honestly it doesnt matter, the Spurs should just sit Kawhi the last game if he isnt 100% no point in making the injury worse. They arent coming back from 3-0. That is like the Cavs down 3-1 comeback x 1,000,000 lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting James Jones would say this- esp. since hes played with LeBron for quite a few years

"Not just from a personnel standpoint, but also from a personality, from a character standpoint," Jones said of what makes the 2017 Cavs as good as any team he's been on. "We all mesh well, we're all complementary, and we're all winners. And that is a big part of why we look so good and we mesh so well on the floor, because socially and mentally, we're very similar."
You can see it on the floor, in practices.

They all seem to genuinely like each other.

Even Love is much less subdued.

I gotta say, I liked the fact that Tristan stood his ground with Lebron and that Lebron publicly apologized.

He's the unquestioned leader. But, nobody should be beyond reproach.

I dont think that would have happened 2 Seasons ago.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas "begged" because hes a bitch. He runs his mouth against nobodies but his dick turns inwards against superior competition.

No team should want that Carny midget. Hes you're typical BULLY that projected strength on the ball court to compensate for his lack of size both vertically and horizontally

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

So are you gonna :bawling: for the remainder of the playoffs because the Celtics sent the Bulls home?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drop all your vcash on both these teams, if Kawhi isnt 100%. Honestly it doesnt matter, the Spurs should just sit Kawhi the last game if he isnt 100% no point in making the injury worse. They arent coming back from 3-0. That is like the Cavs down 3-1 comeback x 1,000,000 lol
Oh, no doubt they are likely to fall in 4.

But, will the Cavs cover the spread if they rest guys in the 4th?

Last game was an anomaly....* Gulp* ....I hope...lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no doubt they are likely to fall in 4.

But, will the Cavs cover the spread if they rest guys in the 4th?

Last game was an anomaly....* Gulp* ....I hope...lol

I only put 10,000 vcash on them, so maybe it is a blowout but then like you said they put the backups in and dont win by as much BUT the second unit has been playing great, even the bench warmers like Derrick Williams and Dahnty Jones. I think they win by 20+. Kyrie and Lebron are still pissed off from all the shit talk by the C's and just that they dont think the Cavs have a chance vs GS. I expect the Cavs try to beat them by 40 again.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics are done but on the + side...

images53453454.jpg