• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: 2) Boston Celtics vs 8) Miami Heat

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn’t

That’s at the officials discretion if it’s done purposefully. I can’t see any official in the world claiming a guy would purposefully mishandle when he’s being played so tightly as it will result in a turnover 3 out of 4 times. There’s nothing here that’s a double dribble.
Should have clarified. Just dropping it does not constitute another dribble.....but dropping and advancing does.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some no brainer calls are let go late in games. But even if you think that they fixed a game for Boston yet Miami was able to get the ball with a chance to tie or win on last possession?

But Conspiracy Guy gonna conspiracy. I get it.
I never said the game was fixed, just took issue with what you said

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have clarified. Just dropping it does not constitute another dribble.....but dropping and advancing does.
He doesn’t advance. Watch it again. He regains possession. He gathers. He shoots. He’s fouled by Anna Horford’s Big Earred Brother.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a win for the Celtics last night.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone claiming conspiracy? I know I’m not. I’m just pointing out that the officials had a horrible night last night and it happened to be to the benefit of the Celtics.
thunder seems to be.

I do not think you are.

Honestly, I watched a lot of the game. Thought there was a point earlier in game Miami was getting a bunch of calls going their way (the qtr. they had Cs in penalty less than 3 minutes in.

Later in game seemed like Cs were getting more calls for them. some close, though. That smart offensive foul though was awful.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn’t advance. Watch it again. He regains possession. He gathers. He shoots. He’s fouled by Anna Horford’s Big Earred Brother.
I've watched it a number of times..he doesn't advance by dribbling but takes a few steps which is advancing it.

I do think they could have called a DD, but I'm fine with the way they called it, though.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best take i seen on this. If the refs indeed think a foul happened at 3 seconds then it was on the marginal contact BEFORE Jimmy was in the act of shooting. Since you gave him 3 shots, that contact took place around 2.8

Long story short, the refs fucked up anyway you slice it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thunder seems to be.

I do not think you are.

Honestly, I watched a lot of the game. Thought there was a point earlier in game Miami was getting a bunch of calls going their way (the qtr. they had Cs in penalty less than 3 minutes in.

Later in game seemed like Cs were getting more calls for them. some close, though. That smart offensive foul though was awful.
Lmao not once have I said the game was fixed

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate foul calls in that situation anyway. Horford overplayed the shot though.

See, I disagree. A foul is a foul regardless of when it happens.

I know folks like to say "let the players decide the game" but player mistakes are included in that.

A player mistake of committing a foul is no different than any other mistake and shouldn't be treated any different.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched it a number of times..he doesn't advance by dribbling but takes a few steps which is advancing it.
Not in the manner in which you’re trying to call it a double dribble. In order for a double dribble to occur the second dribble has to happen and it never did.
I do think they could have called a DD, but I'm fine with the way they called it, though.
If they called a double dribble it would have been logged alongside the other poor calls that crew had last night especially in the 4Q. That’s not a double dribble.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure but I think losing possession, then having both hands on it and dropping it constitutes a dribble if he keeps taking steps like he did. Otherwise you could just keep "dropping" as many times as you wanted.

I don't think it was a double dribble because he started to go up, fumbled it, then grabbed it and immediately tried to shoot the ball.

Had he made a dribble to set himself to shoot or to drive past Al, that would have been a double dribble.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao not once have I said the game was fixed
apologies if that was not what you were implying .........LYAO all you want, but I tried to explain IF it was fixed they let that call go....and they could have. More obvious fouls have been let go end of game. Using your words, "you have to know that".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the manner in which you’re trying to call it a double dribble. In order for a double dribble to occur the second dribble has to happen and it never did.

If they called a double dribble it would have been logged alongside the other poor calls that crew had last night especially in the 4Q. That’s not a double dribble.
You are correct and my mistake....would be a travel. Not a DD.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apologies if that was not what you were implying .........LYAO all you want, but I tried to explain IF it was fixed they let that call go....and they could have. More obvious fouls have been let go end of game. Using your words, "you have to know that".
I guess I jumped in the middle, but if there was a more obvious foul that wasn’t called than that one on Horford it was a horrible no call.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was a double dribble because he started to go up, fumbled it, then grabbed it and immediately tried to shoot the ball.

Had he made a dribble to set himself to shoot or to drive past Al, that would have been a double dribble.
he did not immediately try to shoot and took more steps. But I was wrong agreeing it was a DD. Would be a travel if anything.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I jumped in the middle, but if there was a more obvious foul that wasn’t called than that one on Horford it was a horrible no call.
we see a number of more obvious fouls not called end of games. Not called last second, but I definitely remember these. I'm sure there are many like this that were later....