• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: 2) Boston Celtics vs 8) Miami Heat

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a Dr. Strange timeline where Mikal Bridges, Jason Tatum and Jimmy Butler are flanking Embiid, Harden and Maxey and the Sixers have a dynasty that rivals or surpasses Golden State.

It’s also interesting because they can’t make the Harris trade without the bridges trade

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s also interesting because they can’t make the Harris trade without the bridges trade
thats would def. have been good for them.

I am just saying- the Cavs had some incredible assets over a timeline. The Celtics had some incredible assets over a recent timeline. Both teams had a lot of misses----- both teams def had misses but still got a lot of talent out of their assets and have had some pretty decent success.

but the Sixers assets and top picks were just crazy and what they have gotten out of them has been a huge disappointment.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats would def. have been good for them.

I am just saying- the Cavs had some incredible assets over a timeline. The Celtics had some incredible assets over a recent timeline. Both teams had a lot of misses----- both teams def had misses but still got a lot of talent out of their assets and have had some pretty decent success.

but the Sixers assets and top picks were just crazy and what they have gotten out of them has been a huge disappointment.

It will be a total disaster without the magic overpaying due fultz and one fluke shot by muscala

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they dealt Simmons before he lost all value they would get something substantial for him.

At one point I was told I was crazy when I suggsted the Cavs trade Garland after his poor 1st year for Simmons before Mobley was drafted. (crazy in the way that Sixers would never trade Simmons for Garland).

Maybe Harden isnt there but something pretty good prob. would be.

It was crazy at the time.

6ers would have never considered that based on each player’s value at the time.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was crazy at the time.

6ers would have never considered that based on each player’s value at the time.

The sixers almost single handedly tanked his value.

One bad playoff series was not going to cost them too badly.

I do think part of the issue was not much was available at the time

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many missed opportunities for the Sixers in this era.

Simmons went from one of the top 15 prospects of the last decade to total loser.

They could have had Tatum and took Fultz.

There non-top 5 picks were failures- they kept Saric, traded Brides.

Lets start with the Embiid draft---

Embiid- 3rd overall
Elfrid Payton- 10th overall- traded him for Saric
Jahlil Okafor- 3rd overall
Richaun Holmes- 37th overall- never made it there and had a decent career elsewhere
Ben Simmons- 1st overall
MArkelle Fultz- 1st overall
Luwawu Cabarrot and Kormaz- 24th and 26th -late first round picks that were nothing
Mikal Bridges 10th overall- traded to Phoenix- terrible
Shamet- 26th overall- was okay

really- they did not have much workout from tons of first rounders and high picks.

Maxey at 21st overall, and Embiid.
I don't think there was a chance for the Sixers to get Tatum. I doubt they trade to 1 to get Tatum, and Boston likely just takes their guy #1. They would've needed to be ALL about Tatum to get him, and nobody really showed that publicly then.

Would've loved the Lakers to take him, but he just would've ended up part of the AD trade anyway...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there was a chance for the Sixers to get Tatum. I doubt they trade to 1 to get Tatum, and Boston likely just takes their guy #1. They would've needed to be ALL about Tatum to get him, and nobody really showed that publicly then.

Would've loved the Lakers to take him, but he just would've ended up part of the AD trade anyway...
Yep. It’s just not even worth correcting people at this point. The only Tatum to the Sixers scenario would have entailed Bryan Colangelo lying to Danny Ainge about his intent to take Fultz. If the Celtics felt like the Sixers were really focused on Tatum they never make that trade. What happens when a GM lies to another GM directly to his face in a deal like that? They’re essentially ruined and no other front office will ever trade or work with them again. The only hindsight one can utilize here is for the Sixers to have stood pat and not trade that pick to move up from 3 to 1. Then Celtics pick Tatum 1, the Lakers loved Ball and take him 2 and Fultz is still a Sixer at 3.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It’s just not even worth correcting people at this point. The only Tatum to the Sixers scenario would have entailed Bryan Colangelo lying to Danny Ainge about his intent to take Fultz. If the Celtics felt like the Sixers were really focused on Tatum they never make that trade. What happens when a GM lies to another GM directly to his face in a deal like that? They’re essentially ruined and no other front office will ever trade or work with them again. The only hindsight one can utilize here is for the Sixers to have stood pat and not trade that pick to move up from 3 to 1. Then Celtics pick Tatum 1, the Lakers loved Ball and take him 2 and Fultz is still a Sixer at 3.
Cannot say I was following the situation closely (or at all) at the time but seems like your last situation makes the most sense. Why even make the deal if the target was Fultz if they expressed to the Cs he was the target? You know if the Cs deal they didn't want him. Seemed like LA was after Ball.