• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: 2) Boston Celtics vs 8) Miami Heat

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Spot challenge, the call went in his favor right? I had it on mute. If it did, why didn't the 2pts come off the board? It was 57-55 and Brown made the basket to bring it to 59. The foul should have been a hooking on brown. Why did the 2 pts still count?

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... this series can go either or any way.

Never know how the Celtics are gonna look quarter to quarter, let alone game to game. Will they hit their 3's?

The thing that's most sure (IMO) is that big-game Jimmy gonna show up.
Not sure if he’s gonna have a big game, but Jimmy is definitely gonna show up to play… just like he did last night.

The Celtics have been more focused on stopping him and letting the role players get theirs and it’s been working.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain that 4pt play to me? I get the goaltend but why are both the goaltend and a technical called there ? That 4pts is not only the difference in the game, but that 4pt completely wiped out Miami's momentum there. I'm just confused why they were both called there and not just 1.
There was a weird situation where they completely wiped out the sixers momentum in game 6 on a tech call that made the sixers reshoot free throws they already made.

This kind of thing happens regularly in today's NBA. Especially in the playoffs when the games have a purpose greater than zero.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that fuckers gonna fire every bullet he's got, then throw the gun at you. lol
The C's plan will be to let Butler shoot the lights out and make everyone else work their asses off to get a shot. The Celtics allowed the Heat to control the pace of the game in the first two and gave up the home court. They started taking control in Game 4 and used home court in 5. The Heat went home last night and all of the white shirts, fan noise didn't help them with the pressure that they put on themselves for a series home victory.

There's equal pressure on both teams tomorrow night. The Celtics are a better team overall but have not shown up when most expected and have that added pressure of no team ever coming back from 0-3. The Heat have the pressure of losing three in a row and knowing that they would be the only team ever to lose a final in four straight after having the series advantage 3-0 and losing two final chances at home as well as being the worst chokers in history. In my opinion,, the pressure is on the Heat, much worse than the Celtics. Can the guys who've never had this kind of playoff pressure handle it? The Celtics have faced it before and succeeded and failed. They know the taste of both.

One thing that Butler should do is just STFU. He's predicted a Heat win since Game 3. Last night he came out and did it again. Nothing like giving the Celtic starters a little extra incentive. The Heat will have to pray that the Celtics come out cold as ice and Butler and someone else can run up the score. If Tatum comes out and hits his first 3, he could torch the net all night and score 50+ and the Celtics will never look back.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Spot challenge, the call went in his favor right? I had it on mute. If it did, why didn't the 2pts come off the board? It was 57-55 and Brown made the basket to bring it to 59. The foul should have been a hooking on brown. Why did the 2 pts still count?

If memory serves, a foul had been called on the Heat player and that was overturned. They just didn't apply an offensive foul.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go to work, send my kid to the prom, attend her graduation and look at the Net a few days later….

How is this series tied?

1685287022912.gif

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate foul calls in that situation anyway. Horford overplayed the shot though.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you all got the call and needed 3 seconds to head to a final. You all won one challenge but lost the clock portion

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, sorry Heat fans....as a fan that is the very worst way to lose a game. Figured team was done so probably accepted the loss....storm back and take the lead thinking it was won. See smart shot rim out so think it's won for sure. Ouch.

Unlike Cs, though, at least with loss still not done.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 2 wide open looks
couldn't ask for better (might have been 3?)....way he reacted with ball in air I think he thought he made at least 1.

sucks as his play was a reason they were able to storm back whenever down.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, dunc had 3 nonsense fouls against him. This was one of them.

I’m not dying on a hill today with all the NBA ref fans that we have posting here but I will say that the whistle last night was poor and one-sided. Now I’ll get yelled at by guys who go to memorabilia conventions to buy NBA Officials Trading Cards.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to often you can say this but......the fix was in. We at least will get a well called game seven, because there is no more reason to milk it. This is a joke. Gn y'all.
well done...sadly, there will be some (maybe not here) who think they fixed the game for the team who lost the lead with 3 seconds left.

Conspiracy Guy cannot be stopped.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not dying on a hill today with all the NBA ref fans that we have posting here but I will say that the whistle last night was poor and one-sided. Now I’ll get yelled at by guys who go to memorabilia conventions to buy NBA Officials Trading Cards.
Yep a lot of bs in that 4th soon as miami took the leading starting with handing bam a t & goaldtend for the same bs lol

Followed by 3 terrible fouls on duncan.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, dunc had 3 nonsense fouls against him. This was one of them.

Duncan’s left arm committed a foul first

Brown could’ve been called for a dead ball foul though