• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: 2) Boston Celtics vs 8) Miami Heat

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always one or two plays against a team that creates a problem for loser fans, regardless of the game.

Game seven will have one play that the losing fans will scream that was unfair, miscalled or completely missed by the officials or should never have been called. It will still be discussed on and bitched about in August. It might be a call/non-call that will still be a conversation in 2033.

Go C's, Hang #18.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we don’t put Highsmith out there, we should have Duncan starting instead of Strus. Just go with the hot hands in this one. Besides, it looks like his game has truly evolved since he’s been riding the bench.
I disagree on starting Robinson. Every action the Celtics ran in his 4Q minutes were at him.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldn’t be.

Can’t show up after your team loses,

Then you damn well better not show up to gloat after your adversary’s team (who went way farther than yours) eventually loses.
Of course but he's shameless

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course but he's shameless
Lol WiggityWack gonna WiggityWack. After all those wrong predictions he's made over the years I'd say the boy has developed quite a complex when it comes to his detractors here...

Still saw him going on about Whiteside a couple of days ago. And how long has THAT cat been outta Miami...?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know what to say after last night.

These Celtics still have all their same weaknesses... but they stumbled to victory in lucky fashion, and now have a great chance to advance to the Finals.

I mean, I'll take it of course. And I would have been devastated if they lost. But I wasn't even particularly happy they won... just kinda dumbfounded.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain that 4pt play to me? I get the goaltend but why are both the goaltend and a technical called there ? That 4pts is not only the difference in the game, but that 4pt completely wiped out Miami's momentum there. I'm just confused why they were both called there and not just 1.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always one or two plays against a team that creates a problem for loser fans, regardless of the game.

Game seven will have one play that the losing fans will scream that was unfair, miscalled or completely missed by the officials or should never have been called. It will still be discussed on and bitched about in August. It might be a call/non-call that will still be a conversation in 2033.

Go C's, Hang #18.
You had me until you said “Go C’s”

No bueno

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain that 4pt play to me? I get the goaltend but why are both the goaltend and a technical called there ? That 4pts is not only the difference in the game, but that 4pt completely wiped out Miami's momentum there. I'm just confused why they were both called there and not just 1.
I'll admit, I don't fully understand it either.

My best guess... (and it's only a guess)... is that the goaltend was a call independent of hanging on the rim... IOW: that a goaltend would have been called even if Adebayo had not hung on the rim.

That's one possibility. The other possibility is that Adebayo said something to the refs after it became clear a goaltend would be called and earned a T that way.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldn’t be.

Can’t show up after your team loses,

Then you damn well better not show up to gloat after your adversary’s team (who went way farther than yours) eventually loses.

You know we're talking about Wiggy....right?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else is he supposed to say? I love it. Rasheed Wallace used to it a step further with Detroit, that it was know as "guaransheed” for a while, lol.

Btw, I know Jimmy and Bam both played bad last night, but I’m proud of them for fighting. This was different from Game 5 where it just looked like they weren’t in the game. Bam got like 13 rebounds I believe and Jimmy almost had a triple double.

Their overall play was fine. They just shot the ball like Shaq on the free throw line.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics are doing a pretty good job overall not biting on Butler's patented pump fakes.

That's a big part of Butler's game, and that discipline on the part of Boston has helped limit him.

Beyond that, the Celtics are about the most well-built team imaginable for trying to slow down Butler... with length and switchability to spare. And even so: Butler has gone off for HUGE games against Boston in the past... and it should surprise no one if does so again in G7.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not 100% sure. But, just touching the rim would create the goal tend and grabbing the rim is a technical foul. To be fair, never seen both called like that, but I also can't recall seeing a guy grab the rim while blocking a shot either.

It's the only thing I can think of and haven't been able to find any other explanation.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woke up and checked my phone, it said Celtics 104 Heat 103 FINAL

Flipped to game on youtube tv to see what happened and they're replaying the foul and butler's getting ready to shoot freethrows.

Quite the delay there youtube tv, but it worked out for me.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics are doing a pretty good job overall not biting on Butler's patented pump fakes.

That's a big part of Butler's game, and that discipline on the part of Boston has helped limit him.

Beyond that, the Celtics are about the most well-built team imaginable for trying to slow down Butler... with length and switchability to spare. And even so: Butler has gone off for HUGE games against Boston in the past... and it should surprise no one if does so again in G7.

Game 7 is going to be interesting.

I agree with Barkley, the pressure is all on the Celtics now.

I don't see Jimmy and Bam playing that poorly back to back, but I'm not sure the Heats role players can play as well in Boston as they did last night at home.

On the other hand, this Celtics core has had a history of some clunkers in high pressure games.

If I were a gambler, I'd stay the hell away from this one. lol

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 7 is going to be interesting.

I agree with Barkley, the pressure is all on the Celtics now.

I don't see Jimmy and Bam playing that poorly back to back, but I'm not sure the Heats role players can play as well in Boston as they did last night at home.

On the other hand, this Celtics core has had a history of some clunkers in high pressure games.

If I were a gambler, I'd stay the hell away from this one. lol
Yeah... this series can go either or any way.

Never know how the Celtics are gonna look quarter to quarter, let alone game to game. Will they hit their 3's?

The thing that's most sure (IMO) is that big-game Jimmy gonna show up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... this series can go either or any way.

Never know how the Celtics are gonna look quarter to quarter, let alone game to game. Will they hit their 3's?

The thing that's most sure (IMO) is that big-game Jimmy gonna show up.

Yep, that fuckers gonna fire every bullet he's got, then throw the gun at you. lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson actually had 2 chances to earn his contract last night all at once, and failed both times

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the 4pt play, there was a 10-0 run by Boston with all coming from the FT line.