• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: 2) Boston Celtics vs 8) Miami Heat

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gather and another 1-2 steps. Could have gone either way...call a travel even if they had a challenge I doubt it gets overturned.
No it couldn’t my guy. You don’t understand the rule or you don’t understand what you watched.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that just because people watch doesn’t necessarily mean anything.
Um...means plenty to lots of folks. And I was replying to a comment that implied it meant something, even though that comment was incorrect. They are saying bad reffing means dropping ratings. It doesn't, and they aren't.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gather and another 1-2 steps. Could have gone either way...call a travel even if they had a challenge I doubt it gets overturned.

Where are these 1-2 steps?!?!? As Butler regains possession his feet square up as he rises up to shoot. That’s the epitome of a gather step.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it couldn’t my guy. You don’t understand the rule or you don’t understand what you watched.

Where are these 1-2 steps?!?!? As Butler regains possession his feet square up as he rises up to shoot. That’s the epitome of a gather step.
The guy has both hands on the ball and gets an extra 2-3 steps out of mishandling it. The ref can make a call on that if he wants. Can also let it go. Gets a step after putting both hands on ball, then drops it then another 1-2 after dropping it.

But not gonna keep this going on this thread...if you think I'm wrong that's cool.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has both hands on the ball and gets an extra 2-3 steps out of mishandling it.
That’s fair. You don’t understand the rule. While he is fumbling the ball he doesn’t have “possession” of the ball. It doesn’t matter if he walks with Marco Polo to China, he doesn’t have possession so none of those steps are considered in the count.
The ref can make a call on that if he wants.
I mean the ref could have called him for 3 seconds in the lane then if that’s what we’re going with. You don’t need reason logic or evidence if your argument is that the ref is the primary arbiter of the game and he can just do what he wants when violations aren’t there.
Can also let it go. Gets a step after putting both hands on ball, then drops it then another 1-2 after dropping it.
Nope. There are no “steps” taken after he regains possession. His feet shuffle to square as he rises up to shoot all in one cohesive motion. In no way is that a travel.
But not gonna keep this going on this thread...if you think I'm wrong that's cool.
Think? Bro…you’re wrong. You’ve been wrong for like 5-6 posts in a row. You were mistaken. It happens to the best of us. However, you’re wrong.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has both hands on the ball and gets an extra 2-3 steps out of mishandling it. The ref can make a call on that if he wants. Can also let it go. Gets a step after putting both hands on ball, then drops it then another 1-2 after dropping it.

As long as you don’t dribble the ball anymore after fumbling it, it is not a double dribble.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither is Stranger Things or The Last of Us, what's your point?

Ratings don’t equal quality?
Um...means plenty to lots of folks. And I was replying to a comment that implied it meant something, even though that comment was incorrect. They are saying bad reffing means dropping ratings. It doesn't, and they aren't.
The Refs are bad sometimes.

But, that won’t stop me from watching.

It would appear 99% of the viewing community agrees since ratings are up.

Folks have been saying this for YEARS.

If having BLM all over the court didn’t sink them, doubt anything short of painting “ Fuck everyone who isn’t female, gay or black “ ever will.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, My Guy.

Thought your guys were chum….lol

What an unexpected last second win. It's gonna be loud as hell at the Garden for game 7.

The Celtics have had playoff luck on their side before.

1965- Havlicek steals the ball

1987- Bird steals Isiah's inbounds pass

And now White's tip.

Tough way to lose a game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratings don’t equal quality?

The Refs are bad sometimes. <-------------

But, that won’t stop me from watching.

It would appear 99% of the viewing community agrees since ratings are up.

Folks have been saying this for YEARS.

If having BLM all over the court didn’t sink them, doubt anything short of painting “ Fuck everyone who isn’t female, gay or black “ ever will.

download (1).jpg

download (4).jpg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as you don’t dribble the ball anymore after fumbling it, it is not a double dribble.
Yeah...I said a while back I was wrong calling it a double dribble (as was the guy who created the tweet). If it was anything he traveled.