• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: 2) Boston Celtics vs 8) Miami Heat

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say they overachieved
Cavs? Maybe. Before season I kind of figured we should make playoffs and maybe win a round. Guessing most thought maybe 47-48 wins and a 6 seed. So, sure, 51 and the 4 is overachieving. sucked to go down like we did in playoffs, though.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is part of their DNA.

They are dogs BECAUSE they have faced more adversity than anyone else.

Embrace it.
Yeah, I don’t know why this bothers him so much.

It is a pro, not a con, that these guys are excelling.

It also gives hope to other guys in similar situations.

Especially in a year like this where 2 fewer guys will get picked because of tampering.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put a huge bet on Heat -10 +550 pre game

The Celtics were nearly 5 point favorites before the game started.

I just can’t cash out, it won’t let me. If this lead holds up I pocket 10k

Party at your place for all since you pocketed $10k?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also posted this question in the WC finals thread.
Just curious to get any "feedback" from in here too.....

The league scheduled the beginning of the championship finals for Thursday June 1st.

With both conference title rounds possibly ending in 4-0 sweeps tonight & tomorrow.....which of the 2 winners (if they do indeed close it out 4-0) would benefit from, or be hurt the most from a long layoff before meeting up in game 1 more than a week later?

If Denver wins their game 4 tonight, they'd have 9 days to rest....while Miami would have an 8 day break if they win theirs tomorrow.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don’t know why this bothers him so much.

It is a pro, not a con, that these guys are excelling.

It also gives hope to other guys in similar situations.

Especially in a year like this where 2 fewer guys will get picked because of tampering.
JJ Redick pod today. His cohost goes something like this "everybody been talking about the undrafted players. It is becoming a tiresome topic"

It isn’t just me or heat fans. My main sticking point all along is that it is a stale topic and others agree. This is mainly because of Reggie Miller if we're being honest

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ Redick pod today. His cohost goes something like this "everybody been talking about the undrafted players. It is becoming a tiresome topic"

It isn’t just me or heat fans. My main sticking point all along is that it is a stale topic and others agree. This is mainly because of Reggie Miller if we're being honest
There's the problem right there, people should NOT be listening to Reggie Miller. Just watch the game in ESPANOL and it all goes away.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

while I notice it on occasion cannot say it's something I notice too much or is something I find annoying....then again, I am not looking for anything to be upset about.

I kid....I kid. Sort of.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why Heat fans and many NBA players get tired of hearing about it, but it's a legit angle for the media. Here is a team that didn't build through the lottery. How did they do it and what makes the Heat special? It comes down to Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra more than individual players IMO. It's about having a front office that can find talent and a coach that can nurture it.

The Sixers had massive amounts of assets after The Process and pissed it all away. They're never going to win anything. Miami by comparison played the cards it was dealt and built a contender from basically scraps. That and the allure of South Beach which probably helped get a FA like Jimmy down there. But it's impressive and a good story.

Yes, from the perspective of the players, anyone who was a second round pick or UDFA who makes it in the NBA is going to be mentally tough. The odds are not in your favor so you have to be a real fighter to beat those odds.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet more bulletin board material. Any chance the heat isn't up for game 4 is now out the window

Bulletin board material? He's PRAISING them, just like you're screaming people to do, then you bitch about it.

Are you permanently on the rag?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulletin board material? He's PRAISING them, just like you're screaming people to do, then you bitch about it.

Are you permanently on the rag?
"Guys that we should be able to keep under control"

I dont know a role player in the league that doesn't take that as a sign of disrespect

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Guys that we should be able to keep under control"

I dont know a role player in the league that doesn't take that as a sign of disrespect
THEY ARE BALLING RIGHT NOW. Everybody in the world knows a good number of the Heat team have raised their game this series. Well Everybody except you, and don't for second I'm including Butler nor the whole team in that statement.
A women going through menopause is more stable than you.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THEY ARE BALLING RIGHT NOW. Everybody in the world knows a good number of the Heat team have raised their game this series. Well Everybody except you, and don't for second I'm including Butler nor the whole team in that statement.
A women going through menopause is more stable than you.
And like i said there isn't a role player in basketball who doesn't take that personal. Marcus Smart and all the other Celtics quality role players would take a comment such like that as disrespect as well. You dont get how athletes are wired.