• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: 2) Boston Celtics vs 8) Miami Heat

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the point lol. It is crap because they are vets now. What are we going to do? 3 years from now if Miami making another deep run with the assistance of Caleb, Max/Gabe, and Dunc bring up the undrafted garbage when guys are nearing their 10th year in the league? Being undrafted when you are in the league nearly 5 years already and at minimum is a part of your 2nd very deep playoffs run is completely irrelevant. These guys are seasoned vets now with a ton of playoffs experience. Im sure these guys are close to or above 30+ games in the playoffs by now
you realize it's not so much as a swipe at the players as it is crediting the Miami FO and coaches?

Hell, it's a credit to those players too for taking to the coaching and getting better ands better from a spot where not many find success.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

The other format gives the lower seed the edge too.

If they manage to steal game 1 or 2, you can close them out at home.
Exactly what Miami did vs OKC in 2012

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...hearing many Cavs fans in Cavs forums wanting to dump JB when based on expectations going into season the Cavs met expectations.....and wanting to replace him with one of the fired coaches whose teams underachieved.

Doesn't make a lot of sense.....well, I guess I could understand for Monte as he got a raw deal based on circumstances.

Now if we could get Spo here or a 60-year-old Larry Brown somehow? Sure. Make the change.
The fact that so many high caliber coaches are unemployed, makes job security shaky for the head guys who’s teams underperformed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that so many high caliber coaches are unemployed, makes job security shaky for the head guys who’s teams underperformed.
Totally agree with that.....But those high caliber coaches just underperformed. Guess the thought for a lesser accomplished coach could be "if they'd fire that guy they'd certainly can me if I ever underperformed.

Now for sure our coach should be thinking that. Regress next year or even don't make it to round 2 and he could certainly be replaced.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics have the Heat right where they want them.

Time for an epic comeback!!!!!!!

coincidence-i-think-not-nurse-guy-doctor-mb612m6iv4xl7zqm.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the point lol. It is crap because they are vets now. What are we going to do? 3 years from now if Miami making another deep run with the assistance of Caleb, Max/Gabe, and Dunc bring up the undrafted garbage when guys are nearing their 10th year in the league? Being undrafted when you are in the league nearly 5 years already and at minimum is a part of your 2nd very deep playoffs run is completely irrelevant. These guys are seasoned vets now with a ton of playoffs experience. Im sure these guys are close to or above 30+ games in the playoffs by now

You are missing the point too.

You can continue to seek out random tweets “disrespecting” the Heat, or you can just enjoy the awesome run they are on.

Not worth all the energy you put into worrying about how media covers your team.

They are 1 win from the Finals because they have earned their way to that position. Enjoy it.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Mazulla. Yes he is being outcoached against Spo, but he cant suit up and play for these guys. If these guys need a pep talk in Game 3 of ECF, they are in the wrong business. These men are professionals and their pride alone should be enough for them to compete and not quit. Mazulla will get alot of the blame and likely be fired over this (could be deserved), but he should not be the one taking the majority of the blame because he didnt prepare his guys. Everyone loves a scapegoat and in this case its Mazulla.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics situation makes me feel better about the Lakers situation. SHADENFREUDE for the win, lol! Anyone but Boston!

I hope Austin Reaves ends up with the Clippers next seasons! :heh:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

I want Jimmy to get his ring.

Denver has scorers.

Your Team is playing great defense.

But, they are still going to need to put up points.

Tyler can help with that.
The question is who is taking minutes away from and what if he rusty. In the bigger picture he is taking away shots from Butler and his defense is less than stellar. We always think an extra player is going to make a team better but not always the case. If he taking away from for example Caleb Martin then it could cost them. If he is ready to play then yeah he plays...but it doesn't mean it will make them better

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Austin Reaves ends up with the Clippers next seasons! :heh:
I hope the Clippers are the high bidder for Reaves; the Lakers can easily beat what they can offer. It's the cap space teams like Orlando, Houston, etc that are the bigger risk.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is who is taking minutes away from and what if he rusty. In the bigger picture he is taking away shots from Butler and his defense is less than stellar. We always think an extra player is going to make a team better but not always the case. If he taking away from for example Caleb Martin then it could cost them. If he is ready to play then yeah he plays...but it doesn't mean it will make them better

Yeah, offense only shooters haven't fared well for the Lakers vs the Nuggs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Mazulla. Yes he is being outcoached against Spo, but he cant suit up and play for these guys. If these guys need a pep talk in Game 3 of ECF, they are in the wrong business. These men are professionals and their pride alone should be enough for them to compete and not quit. Mazulla will get alot of the blame and likely be fired over this (could be deserved), but he should not be the one taking the majority of the blame because he didnt prepare his guys. Everyone loves a scapegoat and in this case its Mazulla.

Spo better be out coaching Mazzulla. After all he's only coached in 16 playoff games. Spo has won 107 playoff games.

And with the circumstances in which Mazzulla got the job the majority of the blame shouldn't be on him.

It's on the players. This is a veteran Celtics team that has plenty of playoff experience.

Lack of effort or whatever you wanna call it. I'm disappointed in how they've played all series.

And I'm not taking anything away from the Heat. They have played great all series so far. The far better team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Clippers are the high bidder for Reaves; the Lakers can easily beat what they can offer. It's the cap space teams like Orlando, Houston, etc that are the bigger risk.

Dammit forgot about that. Okay then I hope a team will alotta cap space signs him.

Anyone but the Lakers! :nod:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jesus said, "Dad, I told Stevens to trade Smart and he ignored me. Can I punish him?"
And God said, "Son, You can't interfere. I've told you this every day for the past 2023 years. Punishing one does not reach the masses. I've already waved my hand and will punish millions with their performance in the Conference Finals."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dont think butler losing shots lol. He is the top dog. The guys losing shots are likely the role guys so Gabe and Caleb. Have to remember Herro was around last year when Butler went nuts vs Atlanta and Philly. Butler shots will be fine and same goes for Bam

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...hearing many Cavs fans in Cavs forums wanting to dump JB when based on expectations going into season the Cavs met expectations.....and wanting to replace him with one of the fired coaches whose teams underachieved.

Doesn't make a lot of sense.....well, I guess I could understand for Monte as he got a raw deal based on circumstances.

Now if we could get Spo here or a 60-year-old Larry Brown somehow? Sure. Make the change.

I’d say they overachieved