• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: 2) Boston Celtics vs 8) Miami Heat

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't just the Celtics. He was ridiculously good all year. 270 made threes on 45% from 3.

Fair.

But he just really does well against the Celtics

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the point lol. It is crap because they are vets now. What are we going to do? 3 years from now if Miami making another deep run with the assistance of Caleb, Max/Gabe, and Dunc bring up the undrafted garbage when guys are nearing their 10th year in the league? Being undrafted when you are in the league nearly 5 years already and at minimum is a part of your 2nd very deep playoffs run is completely irrelevant. These guys are seasoned vets now with a ton of playoffs experience. Im sure these guys are close to or above 30+ games in the playoffs by now

Did they suddenly become drafted players?

If not, then they are still UDFA's and there are 5 of them playing key roles on a team that is 1 win away from the finals.

That is unprecedented and is going to be reported on whether they are vets or not.

This need for some of you Heat fans to pretend the Heat are somehow victims is just weird and stupid.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I can't remember but didn't @Mecca call this Nuggets Heat matchup a while ago? If so, well played Miss Lady
Yessir.

I avoided the curse of @DJ by being very low key about it.

No bragging, boasting or poll thread creations…lol

I only acknowledged it briefly when @bksballer89 complemented my avatar a few weeks back.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the point lol. It is crap because they are vets now. What are we going to do? 3 years from now if Miami making another deep run with the assistance of Caleb, Max/Gabe, and Dunc bring up the undrafted garbage when guys are nearing their 10th year in the league? Being undrafted when you are in the league nearly 5 years already and at minimum is a part of your 2nd very deep playoffs run is completely irrelevant. These guys are seasoned vets now with a ton of playoffs experience. Im sure these guys are close to or above 30+ games in the playoffs by now
It's always going to be a storyline. Even if all the guys are 30+...they have to make a story out of everything. I don't think it is disrespect at all, if anything it's the opposite...give them props for all the hard work. Yes it matters that they have a bunch of undrafted guys instead of top 10 picks bc the odds of those picks becoming nothing are much greater. Position of drafting has nothing to do with no experience or a ton of experience. If they are going to have a Miami-Denver finals they will make this the storyline for the Heat and I'm sure Butler being a 2nd rounder and working his ass off to become a star is another storyline. Enjoy it.
We will most likely never see this again, a play-in team with a bunch of undrafted guys making the Finals and possibly winning it al. The fact they were a play-in team against all odds just adds to the undrafted factor.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, this is a compliment to the Heat’s scouting Department.

Most teams find the occasional diamond in the rough.

The Heat and Spurs make it a multiplayer, annual event.

Being labeled undrafted for your career isn’t some slur.

Ben Wallace , Connie Hawkins are in the goddamn HOF.

Fred Vanfleet, Avery Johnson, Haslem, Bruce Bowen have rings.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they suddenly become drafted players?

If not, then they are still UDFA's and there are 5 of them playing key roles on a team that is 1 win away from the finals.

That is unprecedented and is going to be reported on whether they are vets or not.

This need for some of you Heat fans to pretend the Heat are somehow victims is just weird and stupid.
Spoelstra said it is disrespectful. Last i checked he isn't a heat fan....he is the coach of the team and been with the organization for about 30 years now. I guess he's stupid now right?

Draymond Green is also not a heat fan.

When Reggie Miller bring it up 20x in a freaking game, it is tiring and very stale

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always going to be a storyline. Even if all the guys are 30+...they have to make a story out of everything. I don't think it is disrespect at all, if anything it's the opposite...give them props for all the hard work. Yes it matters that they have a bunch of undrafted guys instead of top 10 picks bc the odds of those picks becoming nothing are much greater. Position of drafting has nothing to do with no experience or a ton of experience. If they are going to have a Miami-Denver finals they will make this the storyline for the Heat and I'm sure Butler being a 2nd rounder and working his ass off to become a star is another storyline. Enjoy it.
We will most likely never see this again, a play-in team with a bunch of undrafted guys making the Finals and possibly winning it al. The fact they were a play-in team against all odds just adds to the undrafted factor.
Well said, spot on.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
82 games of worthless basketball.

Embiid should sit until January next year. 15 minutes in jan, 20 minutes in feb. 30 minutes in March. April you bring him up to 40 with rest days and then he's ready to go hard in May for 6 weeks.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, this is a compliment to the Heat’s scouting Department.

Most teams find the occasional diamond in the rough.

The Heat and Spurs make it a multiplayer, yearly event.

Being labeled undrafted for your career isn’t some slur.

Ben Wallace , Connie Hawkins are in the goddamn HOF.

Fred Vanfleet, Avery Johnson, Haslem, Bruce Bowen have rings.
As i just said Reggie Miller bringing up anytime one of them score a point is tiring. Its cool to bring it up at the start of a series for the casual fans but yeah no need to bring it up 20x in game 2 then another 10x in game 3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from Spoelstra.....you know the heat head coach

So disrespectful to keep on talking about them that way. Gabe’s a veteran. He’s a seasoned veteran,” Spoelstra said, via Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press. “He’s been with us since the bubble. That storyline is over. These guys have proven themselves as competitors and winning players.”

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoelstra said it is disrespectful. Last i checked he isn't a heat fan....he is the coach of the team and been with the organization for about 30 years now. I guess he's stupid now right?

When Reggie Miller bring it up 20x in a freaking game, it is tiring and very stale
I don’t think it’s stupid for them to feel some kinda way.

I can also see how it would be annoying.

But, my guy….

You have to know the NBA was PRAYING for Lakers vs Celtics.

Even if you don’t want to admit it, they are going to lose a lot of eyes if the matchup holds.

They are trying to give the casual audience a compelling reason to keep watching.

Storylines, as cringe as they might be, are important to the non hardcore audience.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i just said Reggie Miller bringing up anytime one of them score a point is tiring. Its cool to bring it up at the start of a series for the casual fans but yeah no need to bring it up 20x in game 2 then another 10x in game 3
I hear you.

During the Season, I watched quite a few games on TNT overtime to avoid the commentary completely.

But, Id listen to 1k pandemic P, chronically broken Kawhi hottakes happily if the Clippers were in the Finals.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you.

During the Season, I watched quite a few games on TNT overtime to avoid the commentary completely.

But, Id listen to 1k pandemic P, chronically broken Kawhi hottakes happily if the Clippers were in the Finals.
I have muted the broadcast several times this series. I don't get how Reggie is on their A team lol. Van Gundy is solid

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And? Just because a coach presents a narrative doesn't mean it's real. Coaches say shit all the time that isn't true to motivate their players. "Nobody else believes in us/everyone is disrespecting us" is the oldest motivational tactic in the history of sports.

People are talking about how this validates "Heat culture" and their ability to find and develop players and some of you are trying to be victims over a compliment.

The Spurs used to be known for finding Euro players that no one ever heard of, bringing into the NBA and making them into very good players.

I don't remember the Spurs organization and fans claiming it was somehow disrespectful when that was talked about.

Heck, the Lakers started 2-10 and made the WCF (also fairly unprecedented)...I haven't seen any Lakers fans crying about it when it's brought up. We're taking it as the compliment that it is and, considering how the WCF is turning out...using it to be excited about next year.

Last edited:

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a testament to the scouting department and Pat Riley they can always find these diamonds in the rough undrafted guys. Riley has always been a guy about FA, not the draft. Im ok with that. I know year after year whether we have a good draft or not, doesnt make a difference cause Riley and the scouting will do what they do and find those Undrafted gems. Its why Riley doesnt care about trading draft picks. He gets his FA guy because hes willing to give away our draft picks for the guy he wants.

It is annoying to hear it every 5 minutes from Reggie tho during the game, but I cant stand Reggie as a broadcaster. He has no business being back there. I turn my volume off, which is ashame cause I like Stan. Its also annoying because in othyer Pro sports they dont focus on that aspect. So many guys in the NFL are undrafted, but you wouldnt know it cause they dont talk about it. Once they suit up and play a game, they are a professional.

Its like getting this great job on Wall St without having received a degree. You might be great at what you do and have earned the right to trade, But every 5 minutes you walk around the office someone is pointing out you didnt get a degree. Its pointless.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
82 games of worthless basketball.

Embiid should sit until January next year. 15 minutes in jan, 20 minutes in feb. 30 minutes in March. April you bring him up to 40 with rest days and then he's ready to go hard in May for 6 weeks.
Doesn’t always work.

*See Kawhi

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn’t matter really, just win a title

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a testament to the scouting department and Pat Riley they can always find these diamonds in the rough undrafted guys. Riley has always been a guy about FA, not the draft. Im ok with that. I know year after year whether we have a good draft or not, doesnt make a difference cause Riley and the scouting will do what they do and find those Undrafted gems. Its why Riley doesnt care about trading draft picks. He gets his FA guy because hes willing to give away our draft picks for the guy he wants.

It is annoying to hear it every 5 minutes from Reggie tho during the game, but I cant stand Reggie as a broadcaster. He has no business being back there. I turn my volume off, which is ashame cause I like Stan. Its also annoying because in othyer Pro sports they dont focus on that aspect. So many guys in the NFL are undrafted, but you wouldnt know it cause they dont talk about it. Once they suit up and play a game, they are a professional.

Its like getting this great job on Wall St without having received a degree. You might be great at what you do and have earned the right to trade, But every 5 minutes you walk around the office someone is pointing out you didnt get a degree. Its pointless.

The difference is that, in the NFL, where they have 53 man rosters, plus developmental guys, it's fairly common for undrafted guys to make it. In the NBA which has much smaller rosters, what the Heat are doing is unprecedented.

I've seen Heat fans complain about their team being ignored during the season, now they're being talked about and complimented for what they're doing and how they're doing it and some of those same fans are claiming it's disrespectful.

And it's absolutely a testament to their scouting department, their coaching and "Heat culture". In fact, even the way they got their coach was unprecedented. What other team has handpicked a guy from their film room and turned him into a Hall of Fame coach?

The Heat do things differently than anyone else, it works and folks talk about it. Not sure why that's a bad thing.