• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eberflus

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if I remember right,Carsoon Wentz was on pace to be league MVP a couple years ago.....hows that going for his career stats.....same as Macks,didnt make it there......

You keep over paying for and the Bears can over pay him and Ill laugh at both you.....

What the fuck does Wentz have to do with Mack or the Bears?

Your stupidity confuses me.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes gotta do a lot more than that for the monry given.....We paid him for his stats in Oakland and they are not remotley close.....He is waaay over paid.

You complained he wasn’t top 20 in sacks. Then when it’s pointed out he was….you say he’s gotta do more.

Holy shit man. Just quit while you’re behind.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You complained he wasn’t top 20 in sacks. Then when it’s pointed out he was….you say he’s gotta do more.

Holy shit man. Just quit while you’re behind.

Did he finish top 20.....?

The answer is no......

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes gotta do a lot more than that for the monry given.....We paid him for his stats in Oakland and they are not remotley close.....He is waaay over paid.

With that contract he has and under performing,theres probably no takers for anything decent.....
A 4th or some conditional picks.....?
He has to do a lot more than lead the league in sacks? Guys get hurt, it happens over the course of a career and he's not a guy with some crazy injury history.

In 2 of his 3 healthy seasons he was voted an all-pro. Then, a pro bowler in the 3 of those 3. He had 6 sacks through as many games last year prior to getting injured. You're really underestimating his value. You could still absolutely get, at the least, a 2nd for him. Perhaps a 2nd and another pick.

Outside of 2015, his numbers in Oakland really were not better. He also has constantly been towards the top of the league in pressures and holding flags forced on the opposition (obviously was hurt 2nd half of last year, so not then).

I am for trading Mack. We need draft capital and I probably am not for paying a defensive player that kind of money to begin with. However, you're really off in your estimation of his value. He's been one of the league's best during his time here. I don't think that's really disputable, to be honest.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he finish top 20.....?

The answer is no......
Are you this dense? Come on. He played 7 games (and left the 7th early on). And it's not like he has a history of missing a bunch of time with us. When he was healthy, he had 6 sacks in 6 games. What more do you want?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am for trading Mack. We need draft capital and I probably am not for paying a defensive player that kind of money to begin with. However, you're really off in your estimation of his value. He's been one of the league's best during his time here. I don't think that's really disputable, to be honest.

Not sure how anyone could reasonably dispute that.

That's why trading him is so hard. You open up a massive hole and whatever picks you get back...one of them is going on a DE.

Today the Bears have 30 million in cap space. That number jumps to 42 if you move on from Goldman, Foles, and Cohen. One of those guys didn't play this season and the Bears have a pretty good RB room without him, one of them played 1 game, and the other is a really good player but probably replaceable based on the number of snaps per game he played.

Trading Mack is a desperation move. It's not necessary.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Mack is at the point in his contract the Bears could do a restructure and probably save an additional 5 to 7 million for 22-23.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Mack is at the point in his contract the Bears could do a restructure and probably save an additional 5 to 7 million for 22-23.
yes, there is a restructure, but I do not think you get much back for Mack right now. With his contract the stipulation is noted as, I do not know, this note is before the 2022 year with a total due to him of 30,150 mil. AFter 2022 dead cap goes down considerably.

POTENTIAL OUT: 2022, 4 YR, $90,984,544; $24,000,000 DEAD CAP​

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, there is a restructure, but I do not think you get much back for Mack right now. With his contract the stipulation is noted as, I do not know, this note is before the 2022 year with a total due to him of 30,150 mil. AFter 2022 dead cap goes down considerably.

POTENTIAL OUT: 2022, 4 YR, $90,984,544; $24,000,000 DEAD CAP​

You save 6 mil cutting him this year....23 mil the year after...and roughly 23 the year after that.

Getting every drop of good football out of him for at least next season seems like the best move.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Important to note in a pre 6/1 trade you still have the 24 million dollar dead cap while a post 6/1 release the dead cap becomes just over 12 million.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you this dense? Come on. He played 7 games (and left the 7th early on). And it's not like he has a history of missing a bunch of time with us. When he was healthy, he had 6 sacks in 6 games. What more do you want?

And Wentz was on pace for an MVP season too....and what did that get him.....nothing.

So tell me,why did we give up two firsts for this guy.....?
For what he was doing in Oakland,or what hes done the last 3 seasons.....?
Why did we pay him all that money.....?....For what he did in Oakland,or what hes done the last 3 seasons.....

The answer is what he did in Oakland and his first season here.....not even a top 20 finish 3 seasons in a row .......this is not why we traded for him......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how anyone could reasonably dispute that.

That's why trading him is so hard. You open up a massive hole and whatever picks you get back...one of them is going on a DE.

Today the Bears have 30 million in cap space. That number jumps to 42 if you move on from Goldman, Foles, and Cohen. One of those guys didn't play this season and the Bears have a pretty good RB room without him, one of them played 1 game, and the other is a really good player but probably replaceable based on the number of snaps per game he played.

Trading Mack is a desperation move. It's not necessary.

This right here is worth reading.....

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Wentz was on pace for an MVP season too....and what did that get him.....nothing.

And again....what does that have to do with Khalil Mack or the Bears? I'm sure in your inbred, wrapped mind this logic makes sense. But for those of us with IQs above 50....it's confusing as shit.
o tell me,why did we give up two firsts for this guy.....?

Shits and giggles, obviously.
For what he was doing in Oakland,or what hes done the last 3 seasons.....?

Maybe it was just for his charismatic smile.
Why did we pay him all that money.....?....For what he did in Oakland,or what hes done the last 3 seasons.....

Because his contract said we had to. Unions and stuff.
The answer is what he did in Oakland and his first season here.....not even a top 20 finish 3 seasons in a row .......this is not why we traded for him......

Yeah but there's that one time that you said he wasn't top 20 even though he was. Then that time he got hurt while being the league leader.

You're not good at this.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Important to note in a pre 6/1 trade you still have the 24 million dollar dead cap while a post 6/1 release the dead cap becomes just over 12 million.

This is the part of salary cap I dont understand......

Explain to me what dead cap money is.....

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the part of salary cap I dont understand......

Explain to me what dead cap money is.....

It's what still counts against the cap if you trade or release a player. Based on how the contract is structured and how much guaranteed money was agreed to in the contract. There are a lot of ways to manipulate it.

It's why teams front load a lot of contracts and when you see guys sign big deals, say 100 million for 4 years, a lot of the guaranteed money is on the first couple years so if you cut him later your cap hit isn't as bad.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's if they don't suddenly hit a wall due to their age. For that reason, I'm still fine with trading them. Even with the arrival of a defensive minded HC.
Should have thought of that before they gave Mack his long deal. Quinn, same.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have thought of that before they gave Mack his long deal. Quinn, same.
I mean, if I could go back. I likely don't trade all that we did for Mack and sign him to that QB like deal. That being said, I get why we did it. Both of those guys also have potential outs this year. Quinn's could wind up costing us just 2 years/30 mil. Which isn't bad for a guy who just had a historic season.