• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eberflus

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere out there Mike Singletary sheds a single tear.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any mediot ask the real questions yet...like "Do you put motivational quotes on your playsheets?"

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose at this point, a lot of IF's out there floating about. He is a solid DC for sure, more adept at running a 4-3 and the Tampa-who defense, but he has done real well with it. Knows Rod Marinelli real well, could bring him back to Chicago as the DC depending on what happens in LA.

The big issue, where does he go with the OC position, who does he know? Who would be willing to come in and work as the OC and with Fields... ?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose at this point, a lot of IF's out there floating about. He is a solid DC for sure, more adept at running a 4-3 and the Tampa-who defense, but he has done real well with it. Knows Rod Marinelli real well, could bring him back to Chicago as the DC depending on what happens in LA.

The big issue, where does he go with the OC position, who does he know? Who would be willing to come in and work as the OC and with Fields... ?

Wait...Return of the loafs?!? I'm in baby.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...Return of the loafs?!? I'm in baby.
Heh, some are reporting he indeed still uses that term, or did with the Colts.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

exactly my concern. Will it be square pegs in round holes? Roquan can play MLB, no problem there, but what doe Mack do? add 20 to play end or lose 20 to play SSLB?

Do not get me wrong, I prefer the 4-3, but we lost almost 2 years with Fangio forcing weight adjustments with guys like McClellan instead of letting him take over the middle spot before the roster got turned over enough.

We need a leader of men, which is good, Fields will only have his QB coach and OC in his ear, that is good. At least the guy with the longest last name won per my prediction.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me, ties to Kansas City by this new management team and the potential of them deciding on Kafka as OC. The meaning might be obvious, same Nagy system. Sure there would be a comfort level for the O guys, but I don't trust the Arians lineage of coaching right now.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly my concern. Will it be square pegs in round holes? Roquan can play MLB, no problem there, but what doe Mack do? add 20 to play end or lose 20 to play SSLB?

Do not get me wrong, I prefer the 4-3, but we lost almost 2 years with Fangio forcing weight adjustments with guys like McClellan instead of letting him take over the middle spot before the roster got turned over enough.

We need a leader of men, which is good, Fields will only have his QB coach and OC in his ear, that is good. At least the guy with the longest last name won per my prediction.
As some have pointed out. Mack played in both systems at the Raiders, DE and OLB. Also, Quinn actually prefers hand in the ground DE. >shrugs<

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daboll was my overall first choice as the head coach for da Bearssss. But if I'm thinking defense first for the spot, then Eberflus is an excellent choice.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For one...Roquan would be a WILL, not a MIKE.

And Mack has played 4-3 DE.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also...this is crap.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Splash hire...............:nono:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mack gets traded. That's what he does.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre right,but he should.......

Should he? The defense, as currently built, is good enough to win games. It's not a great defense...but even as banged up as they were this past season they will still better than the average NFL defense.

Pair them with a better than average NFL offense and you have a legit team capable winning. If Fields elevates himself and the Bears give him weapons...you have a team capable of being dangerous.

The Bears can retool with selling off weapons. You can replace ARob for cheaper than you paid him this past season. The outlook for the offensive line with a healthy Borom and Jenkins is actually pretty good. I thought both of those guys played well when given the chance. Target a center in the draft or sign a veteran that is an upgrade to Mustipher....like a Kelce or Jensen. You have a good backfield. You have a good #2 receiver. You need a pass catching tight end.

On defense...really they need a slot corner. Probably a safety. You can bargain hunt you linebackers. You can fill in on the defensive line. Why give up your pass rushers when they can help mask your short comings in other areas?

A window in the division is opening if GB is going to have to rebuild. Detroit isn't a threat...Minnesota might be your only competition for the next 2 seasons. Even if GB thinks they can compete with Love by shifting to a defensive team that runs the ball...I'm okay with that. That still gives us a chance.

I don't see the return for Mack and Quinn being good enough to warrant selling them off. Roll with them and put the focus on what you can add to the offense with your limited resources.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre right,but he should.......
One of the requirements of the Tampa-who defense is extreme pressure by the front 4. Quinn and Mack, healthy, would be a real need to make that type of defense work.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the requirements of the Tampa-who defense is extreme pressure by the front 4. Quinn and Mack, healthy, would be a real need to make that type of defense work.
That's if they don't suddenly hit a wall due to their age. For that reason, I'm still fine with trading them. Even with the arrival of a defensive minded HC.