• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat VS Indiana Pacers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with Trojan to a point. the heat don't have an answer for hibbert when hibbert is playing like he SHOULD. I also agree that hibbert wont play well every game and the heat will win.

but even if hibbert plays well every game and inspired, im not convinced the heat cant overcome it. pacers have no answer for LeBron. hibbert can be controlled when the heat are on offense by simply moving bosh to center and LeBron to power. force hibbert away from the basket.. with bosh at center. he cant guard bosh 18 feet from the basket. everyone knows this, even the pacers.. that's why vogel had him out late game 1 last year.

all in all.. heat more matchup problems than the pacers can handle.

I disagree with the answer to Lebron part. Not that the Pacers have an actual answer where Lebron gets shut down. Nobody, on any team, has that. But, when Hibbert is playing defense like he should, Lebron becomes a jump shooter and that makes the Heat vulnerable.

When Lebron is able to drive to the hoop, the Heat become almost unbeatable. I do agree though, that even if Hibbert plays well every game, it doesn't guarantee anything because Lebron has improved his jumper over the years.

GeauxBaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will literally be an epic ECF.

Pacers in 7

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mnc46myPwT1qfgi90o1_400.gif

gifgeorge1.gif

That was nice but these are better

tumblr_mfohoqSdem1r82ejio1_500.gif

LeBronSHowsOffTrophiesRussell.gif

OtpS4TQ.gif

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the answer to Lebron part. Not that the Pacers have an actual answer where Lebron gets shut down. Nobody, on any team, has that. But, when Hibbert is playing defense like he should, Lebron becomes a jump shooter and that makes the Heat vulnerable.

When Lebron is able to drive to the hoop, the Heat become almost unbeatable. I do agree though, that even if Hibbert plays well every game, it doesn't guarantee anything because Lebron has improved his jumper over the years.

Very realistic scenario, but this is now the ECF.
James just won't settle if the Heat are missing outside shots.

I hope this series isn't determined by how the refs call fouls when James/Hibbert meet at the rim, but it very well could be.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very realistic scenario, but this is now the ECF.
James just won't settle if the Heat are missing outside shots.

I hope this series isn't determined by how the refs call fouls when James/Hibbert meet at the rim, but it very well could be.

:agree: If the refs let the "verticality" (or whatever the hell they call it) go, then it's advantage Hibbert and the Pacers. If they don't, this could be over fairly quickly because Lebron will be relentless going to the hoop and he'll get Hibbert in foul trouble.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jackson will be in the booth tmr as he signed a new multi yr deal with espn:suds:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: If the refs let the "verticality" (or whatever the hell they call it) go, then it's advantage Hibbert and the Pacers. If they don't, this could be over fairly quickly because Lebron will be relentless going to the hoop and he'll get Hibbert in foul trouble.

A huge part of me wants Indy to get all bush league early in game 1 so LBJ sends the message early not to pull that bush league shit, because he is better at it:

-IND had it coming, Hibbert did not, that was intentional, but the way IND and fouls in general are called against LBJ/Griffin it should not have been a flagrant.

The refs would have been worthy candidates for the elbow to chin music too for their horrible interpretation of verticality before the clarification was sent out by the league. #the Fall of Hibbert

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be clear about Hibbert, he played out of his mind last ECF and had a ton of ref help with his verticality. League has sent out the memo, LBJ sent the memo (see gif), the Heat HAVE THE ANSWER FOR HIBBERT.

LBJ before that gif was attacking the paint, getting calls and then IND decided to rough him up on 2 plays. then LBJ lowered the boom and the refs stopped giving him calls. That elbow may have cost him that game, but it got in the head of Hibbert and IND and the league. The league sent a memo out clarifying Hibbert sucks and that it wasn't a foul. That play very well could have won MIA this series.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be clear about Hibbert, he played out of his mind last ECF and had a ton of ref help with his verticality. League has sent out the memo, LBJ sent the memo (see gif), the Heat HAVE THE ANSWER FOR HIBBERT.

LBJ before that gif was attacking the paint, getting calls and then IND decided to rough him up on 2 plays. then LBJ lowered the boom and the refs stopped giving him calls. That elbow may have cost him that game, but it got in the head of Hibbert and IND and the league. The league sent a memo out clarifying Hibbert sucks and that it wasn't a foul. That play very well could have won MIA this series.

I heard Scola is willing to smash LeBrons nose if he clobbers Hibbert again. Pretty useless in the playoffs thus far anyway. Guess he wants to contribute in some fashion.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Scola is willing to smash LeBrons nose if he clobbers Hibbert again. Pretty useless in the playoffs thus far anyway. Guess he wants to contribute in some fashion.

Scola is one of the players that should have been called for a flagrant in that game. If I were MIA I would welcome a scuffle especially if it started with an LBJ elbow then he could quietly bow into the background while UD pulls his .45 and starts shooting IND players. Suspensions would be handed out and IND's biggest weapon (bush league fouls) is gone.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scola is one of the players that should have been called for a flagrant in that game. If I were MIA I would welcome a scuffle especially if it started with an LBJ elbow then he could quietly bow into the background while UD pulls his .45 and starts shooting IND players. Suspensions would be handed out and IND's biggest weapon (bush league fouls) is gone.

You have an interesting take given that your team holds, grabs and pushes off on offense more than teams in the California Penal League. :nod:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still remember one time when UD stepped to West, the bitch West was backing up because he didn't want it with UD. UD is the baddest man on either team in this series

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers in 7.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have an interesting take given that your team holds, grabs and pushes off on offense more than teams in the California Penal League. :nod:

I am not even sure how 2 of those would help on O, you might be confusing the jerseys or something. :laugh3:

:rollseyes:

:suds:

It will be a good series.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still remember one time when UD stepped to West, the bitch West was backing up because he didn't want it with UD. UD is the baddest man on either team in this series

He didn't want to be ejected in a conflict with an unskilled player. West was once Heavyweight Golden Gloves Champion as a young lad. If he hits someone in anger, death is the likely result.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't want to be ejected in a conflict with an unskilled player. West was once Heavyweight Golden Gloves Champion as a young lad. If he hits someone in anger, death is the likely result.

Wikipedia lists Golden Gloves as one of Wests personal honors but I cannot find a direct link. I read this a long time ago in the Star. I am guessing this is accurate information.