• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAS has lost his mind...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAS has lost his mind...

Yeah....that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Sadly, this is not the first time he's brought this up either. I guess Stephen A. will be taking over as most ridiculous journalist once Bayless goes over to Fox Sports.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAS has lost his mind...

Stephen A. lost his mind years ago.

Is there anyone left who takes him seriously?

I mean, does he somehow think that Lebron would win the title and say "Lebron out" and return to Miami rather than try to go back to back with the Cavs?

If he pulled that off, even I might have to bump him all the way up to just behind MJ for GOAT.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Sadly, this is not the first time he's brought this up either. I guess Stephen A. will be taking over as most ridiculous journalist once Bayless goes over to Fox Sports.

Stephen Airhead Smith & Skippy Brainless...the Beavis & Butthead of espn.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would almost be worth it to see the Heat fans backpedaling, lol.

LeBron and Riley DO NOT LIKE eachother- Bosh may be forced to retire, Wade will turn 35 next year- and we all know guards lose it faster than big men- especially guards that cant shoot the 3....

if LeBron wanted to guarantee himself never winning it again this would be a GREAT move. Maybe if Riley retired and they gave James Carte Blanche........lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh Riley is a 1st ballot hall of famer---- that doesnt change the fact him and LeBron DO NOT like eachother- that and the guy is over 70....you lose your edge at some point- and i personally think thats passed the point.

you see harvard and yale PHd's running teams now and putting in 80 hour weeks. Do i think Riley at teh age of over 70 can do what he did 20 years ago? absolutely not.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh Riley is a 1st ballot hall of famer---- that doesnt change the fact him and LeBron DO NOT like eachother

What's your point? Pretty sure the Balding One & Lil Danny G. don't get along. Or is that somehow different?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your point? Pretty sure the Balding One & Little Danny G. don't get along. Or is that somehow different?
well- one place is home and one isnt. I dont think LeBron likes Dan G. all that much either- but there is only ONe hometown franchise for LeBron i nthe NBA.

and this is what i dont think Miami fans understood- LeBron had no real loyalty there- he even said- Miami was like college- go there for 4 years- always a special place in your heart- but its not home. If Dwade was drafted by the Bobcats or Hawks or Pelicans- LeBron would have went there 5 years ago....he has no loyalty to the Miami area like he does to the NEO area. He is loyal to his friends on Miami- the city and management i dont think he could give 2 s hits about.

also- im not putting my career in the hands of a 70 year old man, a 35 year old guard with a history of injuries, and a 33 year old big man that might have to retire because of health complications...just doesnt seem like a good place to start.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would almost be worth it to see the Heat fans backpedaling, lol.

Doubt there'd be near the backpedaling that Cavs fans had to do. I don't recall Miami throwing a citywide temper tantrum like Cavs fans did.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt there'd be near the backpedaling that Cavs fans had to do. I don't recall Miami throwing a citywide temper tantrum like Cavs fans did.
true enough...very fair point.....but i think thats because Miami fans never had the same feelings about LeBron being a hometown guy.

it just goes back to my point...Miami was like college for LeBron...the Cavs are like home. Miami itself meant nothing more to him than another dozen NBA cities except for the fact Dwade played their.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true enough...very fair point.....but i think thats because Miami fans never had the same feelings about LeBron being a hometown guy.

it just goes back to my point...Miami was like college for LeBron...the Cavs are like home. Miami itself meant nothing more to him than another dozen NBA cities except for the fact Dwade played their.

True. I have no doubt that Lebron being "one of their own" had to have made it worse. Especially considering Cleveland's history of heartbreak in sports. It was literally another gut punch to a city that has had more than their fair share of those.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wasn't a city wide temper tantrum in Miami when he left but no question @ least 1 Heat fan was pissed...

lebron-james-billboard-miami.jpg:pound:

Miami fan takes billboard-sized jab @ LeBron (time.com: 8-6-14)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I have no doubt that Lebron being "one of their own" had to have made it worse. Especially considering Cleveland's history of heartbreak in sports. It was literally another gut punch to a city that has had more than their fair share of those.
absolutely...when u compare that to one of the most apathetic sports towns in American in Miami, its easy to see why the fans reacted as they did.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely...when u compare that to one of the most apathetic sports towns in American in Miami, its easy to see why the fans reacted as they did.

I watched Believeland yesterday and it sure brought back some memories that were even painful for me and I'm not a Cleveland sports fan. But I was pulling for the Browns in those playoff games vs. Denver and the Cavs in the series vs. MJ and the Bulls.

I also really liked the Brian Sipe "Kardiac Kids" Browns teams. They were a lot of fun to watch.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Believeland yesterday and it sure brought back some memories that were even painful for me and I'm not a Cleveland sports fan. But I was pulling for the Browns in those playoff games vs. Denver and the Cavs in the series vs. MJ and the Bulls.

I also really liked the Brian Sipe "Kardiac Kids" Browns teams. They were a lot of fun to watch.

The stuff about the Browns just got me depressed. And Art 'the weasel' Modell...that pissed me off.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stuff about the Browns just got me depressed. And Art 'the weasel' Modell...that pissed me off.
yah....F david modell. what a PoS

I thought it was done ok....I would have gotten more of a fans POV and at least one of the high profile PD reporters that have been around forever whether it was Pluto or Livingston or Shaw. Id give it a b i guess..i dunno.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets hope so...would be nice to be done in 5 and await the winner of the West.

It will be interesting to see how the Cavs respond.
LBJ usually responds ok after a blow out. Only time I saw him and his team struggle was last year against GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.