• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they couldnt outbid the CAvs- the Cavs initial offer of 5 years 80 was actually more in total dollars than any other team could offer....what are those teams gonna offer him less to leave the cavs?

Not quite. If another team wanted him, they could have offered him and even signed him to an offer sheet. The Cavs would then have had the right to match that offer. They are said to have "right of first refusal."

Free Agency Explained

A team could have offered say, 5 years $90 million and then it would have been up to the Cavs to decide if they wanted to match.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did u watch GoT last night?

what an emotionally taxing episode...unbelievable. Some huge huge reveals- even for book readers.

I watched it late last night...had a RIDICULOUS weekend...helped at my parents house as they were throwing a baby-shower for my cousin on Saturday- which required tons of cleaning and yard work on friday night/saturday morning-- and then my grandpa- who lives 2 doors down from my parents- and just recently got out of the hospital had to be taken back to the hospital at like 1 AM to the Cleveland Clinic downtown...didnt get back till like 5-6 AM on Sunday morning....

actually headed back down to the hospital after work- dinner and change....might miss some of the first half of the game tonight...

Yeah, I watched it....

Damn......

Hope everything goes well with your Grandpa.

The Cavs got this tonight.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite. If another team wanted him, they could have offered him and even signed him to an offer sheet. The Cavs would then have had the right to match that offer. They are said to have "right of first refusal."

Free Agency Explained
uhhh yah...obviously thats what restricted free agency is

my point is- that NO OTHER TEAM could have offered Tristan Thompson the 80 million the Cavs did.

what- did u think a team was gonna say- ya know- the Cavs offered Tristan 80.....the most another team could have offered Tristan was 25% of 63 million..right? you think some team is gonna be like we can offer Tristan less money and less years than the Cavs ALREADY HAVE offered him....hmmmm.....lets do that and tie up our cap room! LOL....cmon man....i know the salary cap stuff way better than anyone else on here- bar none.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I watched it....

Damn......

Hope everything goes well with your Grandpa.

The Cavs got this tonight.
its not looking so hot...their was a bad virus/chest cold that was going around the area 3-4 months ago..my grandpa got it...was hospitalized, released to rehab- was sent back to the hospital after 1 day of rehab because he should have never been released in his condition- spent more time in the hospital, finally got back to rehab- and got home last friday...was home a week before he had to go back to the hospital on REALLY late saturday night/early sunday morning.....we shall see...he is 88 years old...still sharp mentally...but physically he is getting really worn down.-- since my grandparents lived so close to us growing up- 2 doors down- and my dad was away at work quite a bit (drilled oil wells in Gulf of Mexico, Alaska, and all over Africa) we were always close.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Free Agency Explained

A team could have offered say, 5 years $90 million and then it would have been up to the Cavs to decide if they wanted to match.
nope.

do you want me to tell you what is wrong with that statement or do you think you can guess?

all right- ill try and help.....The Heat can only offer Hassan a 4 year contract since they dont have his Bird rights--- right?--- a team signing Tristan away would NOT have his Bird rights- so the most they could offer him a contract running __ years in length....

help?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna have to invest some time and start watching that. Everyone I know, including my wife, raves about it. At this point, I think I'm avoiding it just be a contrarian. :lol:

I honestly wish I never started reading the books.

It's a fucking addiction.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing people really dont realize about the TT contract is this-

what the Cavs offered him originally- 80 over 5 years- was more DOLLAR wise than what any other team could have offered- IN RESTRICTED free agency.

Another team COULD have offered about 4 years 70 million to Tristan in restricted free agency.......however. Tristan did not want that deal OR the Cavs deal.

Tristan said that he deserved the 5 years 94 million dollar deal he was ASKING for- because if he didnt get it- he would LEAVE THIS SUMMER- when the cap exploded- where he felt he could easily surpass the Cavs 5 years 80 million dollaro ffer.

NO matter WHAT HAPPENED- even if 3 teams OFFERED him an Offer Sheet of the max another team could give him- 4 years about 70 (prob. a little less) he would not have taken it. The Cavs knew that- and thats why they didnt really budge off their initial offer much.

this is where people need to get a clue...

the MOST another team could have offered thompson is about 69 million over 4 years. The Cavs were already offering 80 million over 5 years. Thompson WANTED 5 years 94 million- and threatened to head into UNRESTRICTED free agency this summer unless he got it. The Cavs called his bluff- increased their offer by 2 million to allow TT and Rich PAul to save face...and got the best offensive rebounder in basketball back in the fold for 5 more years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhhh yah...obviously thats what restricted free agency is

my point is- that NO OTHER TEAM could have offered Tristan Thompson the 80 million the Cavs did.

what- did u think a team was gonna say- ya know- the Cavs offered Tristan 80.....the most another team could have offered Tristan was 25% of 63 million..right? you think some team is gonna be like we can offer Tristan less money and less years than the Cavs ALREADY HAVE offered him....hmmmm.....lets do that and tie up our cap room! LOL....cmon man....i know the salary cap stuff way better than anyone else on here- bar none.

It doesn't matter. You can come up with all of the spin you want. The fact is that if another team thought he was worth it, they'd have offered and hoped that the Cavs chose not to match.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter. You can come up with all of the spin you want. The fact is that if another team thought he was worth it, they'd have offered and hoped that the Cavs chose not to match.
they COULDNT OFFER MORE...lol....how do you not understand that? They didnt have bird rights! the MOST they could haveoffered was 4 years about 69 million!!!

is their somthing that is hard to understand about that? I realize this stuff is complicated to someone who doesnt pay attention to it- but this shouldnt be that hard to understand.

the Cavs would have been OVERJOYED if Thompson signed a 4 year 69 million dollaro ffer sheet! that would have SAVED them money!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope.

do you want me to tell you what is wrong with that statement or do you think you can guess?

all right- ill try and help.....The Heat can only offer Hassan a 4 year contract since they dont have his Bird rights--- right?--- a team signing Tristan away would NOT have his Bird rights- so the most they could offer him a contract running __ years in length....

help?

None of that crap you posted matters. No one wanted Tristan, many teams will want Whiteside.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they COULDNT OFFER MORE...lol....how do you not understand that? They didnt have bird rights! the MOST they could haveoffered was 4 years about 69 million!!!

is their somthing that is hard to understand about that? I realize this stuff is complicated to someone who doesnt pay attention to it- but this shouldnt be that hard to understand.

You're just embarrassing yourself at this point trying to pretend like TT is worth what the Cavs are paying him. Teams could offer him and it would have been up to the Cavs to match or not. No one did.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that crap you posted matters. No one wanted Tristan, many teams will want Whiteside.
crap? i actually understand the salary cap and how it works. Obviously you do not if you think another team could have offered Thompson a 5 year deal worth 90 million.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Banshee.

Job is my Dude!

Nola Longshadow vs. Clay Burton was my favorite scene in the series.

Oh man, that fight was arguably the best that I have ever seen. My wife and I would always laugh and say "Uh oh" every time Burton took off his glasses.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just embarrassing yourself at this point trying to pretend like TT is worth what the Cavs are paying him. Teams could offer him and it would have been up to the Cavs to match or not. No one did.
In al lthese posts all i have done is try and explain to you how the salary cap works.

You said that another team could haveo ffered thompson 5 years 90

that is wrong.

the most they could have offered is 4 years about 69 million.

Thompson was ASKING for 5 years 94 million from the Cavs. Other teams could not even APPROACH what he was asking for from the Cavs- and his leverage was he would LEAVE the next year when the cap exploded.

I dont expect someone like you who has not dedicated the time in studying this stuff to understand- but the fact is- as it relates to the salary cap - you really dont know much more than a lay person.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crap? i actually understand the salary cap and how it works. Obviously you do not if you think another team could have offered Thompson a 5 year deal worth 90 million.

Yes, crap. Teams could have offered and forced the Cavs to match or not...no one did.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In al lthese posts all i have done is try and explain to you how the salary cap works.

You said that another team could haveo ffered thompson 5 years 90

that is wrong.

the most they could have offered is 4 years about 69 million.

Thompson was ASKING for 5 years 94 million from the Cavs. Other teams could not even APPROACH what he was asking for from the Cavs- and his leverage was he would LEAVE the next year when the cap exploded.

I dont expect someone like you who has not dedicated the time in studying this stuff to understand- but the fact is- as it relates to the salary cap - you really dont know much more than a lay person.

More crap. Teams could have offered him and forced the Cavs to match or not...no one did.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd suggest you drop it because the next post you make in this thread insulting anyone...will be your last post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.