• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This 10-0 start will feel good when the Cavs are eliminated

looking at the ol' excuse-ometer...

1) Dubs beat a depleted Cavs roster in last year's finals...

2) the Dubs whipped us twice in the regular season(though we forced them to play OUR style of ball). means nothing...

3) this one's gonna be VERY interesting come June...:heh:

Reactions: LAD

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with how you would feel Wiggy, but we can't one hand put LJ up there with the all time greats, and on the other say losing in the finals is a good season.

If the Cavs lose, this season is a bust imo.
:10::10:

and in everyone ELSE'S opinion who aren't blind homers...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with how you would feel Wiggy, but we can't one hand put LJ up there with the all time greats, and on the other say losing in the finals is a good season.

If the Cavs lose, this season is a bust imo.

As a relatively impartial observer, I tend to agree with you.

To date, I think the notion of holding the lost finals with the Cavs against Lebron is borderline retarded. Every knowledgable, non-Cavs fans that I've spoken to tell me that the Cavs teams that lost the finals had no business being there in the first place; meaning that it's a testament to Lebron that he drug them that far.

This year, it's a good team and they're healthy. Seems like an important championship for Lebron to win.

I'll say it again, I've got a feeling the 2015/16 Warriors will go down as the best regular season team in the history of the game without a championship.

Last edited:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking at the ol' excuse-ometer...

1) Dubs beat a depleted Cavs roster in last year's finals...

2) the Dubs whipped us twice in the regular season(though we forced them to play OUR style of ball). means nothing...

3) this one's gonna be VERY interesting come June...:heh:

Should the Warriors lose, can you speculate on what those excuses would be? Seems Curry's injury in the first round could be a pre-cooked option.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well what i am saying is if you are a sports fan and all you care about is banners you should get out of the business.

Again, stopped reading after this. Being a sports fan has nothing to do with the teams goals. The Cavs are championship or bust...period. If they don't win the title and you want to consider it a great season anyway. Knock your socks off.

If the the Cavs don't win the title, none of their players, coaches or FO are going to consider it a successful season. But I guess if they don't win it...you'll be here with your list of excuses and trying to convince everyone that they had a great season.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure??

1. Cavs don't make Finals
    18 vote(s)
    78.3%

2. Win the title
    5 vote(s)
    21.7%
It seems it is actually the opposite...but yah know the East is soooo weak

Wow, reading and comprehension isn't really your thing, is it? The question was...Which is more likely, the Cavs don't make the finals or they win the title. People were voting that it was more likely that they wouldn't make it than they won.

That doesn't mean the majority didn't think they'd make the finals, it meant that they were more likely to not make it than to win it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you are 100% completely and totally wrong- and if thats how you really think- i am 100% glad i do not think like you.

If the Cavs lose in 7 to the Warriors- me- personally- OF COURSE i will be dissapointed- but this has been an AMAZING season in so many freaking ways.

And if they lose, it will be a failure of a season.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, stopped reading after this. Being a sports fan has nothing to do with the teams goals. The Cavs are championship or bust...period. If they don't win the title and you want to consider a great season anyway. Knock your socks off.

If the the Cavs don't win the title, none of their players, coaches or FO are going to consider it a successful season. But I guess if they don't win it...you'll be here with your list of excuses and trying to convince everyone that the had a great season.

Yep...

Example of what you're saying, TF12. Remember the NFL season where the Pats went 18-0 to the Superbowl? And how many fans were falling all over themselves trying to say the Pats should feel good for having a "successful season"? They didn't come away with a Lombardi, therefore bust season...

Same thing here imo when certain Cavs fans are bragging about a 10-0 playoff record...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if they lose, it will be a failure of a season.

It's ok, TF12. Since Dan Gilbert has buckets of money to spend i'm sure he's already petitioned the NBA into creating the first-ever DG "damn near did it" trophy soon to be displayed in the Cavs' trophy case AND put on LeBron's career resume'...:heh:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...

Example of what you're saying, TF12. Remember the NFL season where the Pats went 18-0 to the Superbowl? And how many fans were falling all over themselves trying to say the Pats should feel good for having a "successful season"? They didn't come away with a Lombardi, therefore bust season...

Same thing here imo when certain Cavs fans are bragging about a 10-0 playoff record...

Yep. When your team is championship or bust, they have to finish the job. That's how a successful season is defined.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. When your team is championship or bust, they have to finish the job. That's how a successful season is defined.

You can guarantee that the Warriors and Thunder have championship or bust in their mind right now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they win this year they never will. no excuses this year. they are helthest team
in the playoffs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the best part LBJ ditched the cavs and 98% of the fans went crazy and now everything is k. he won 2 championships with the heat 0 for cavs. that has to sting.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can guarantee that the Warriors and Thunder have championship or bust in their mind right now.
yeah and its only to somewhat lose if u were an major underdog but we havent seen that in the nba in a long time. #1 or 2 seed always wins it. OKC might make some history.
Question when was the last time 4 or lower seed won it all in the NBA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, stopped reading after this. Being a sports fan has nothing to do with the teams goals. The Cavs are championship or bust...period. If they don't win the title and you want to consider a great season anyway. Knock your socks off.

If the the Cavs don't win the title, none of their players, coaches or FO are going to consider it a successful season. But I guess if they don't win it...you'll be here with your list of excuses and trying to convince everyone that the had a great season.
if they dont win it- and they are all healthy- its because they were not the better team. If Golden State makes it- the CAvs will be 2-1 underdogs in my estimation. If they lose to the team with the best regular season record in NBA history and the 2 time reigning MVP - so be it- than without a doubt Curry can claim he is the best player alive, truly.

I am sure LeBron will be devastated too- and getting to the Finals will be no consolation.

I just remember watching those Indians teams back in the 90's- that never won it, but certainly captured the imigination of a town- as evidenced by the Indians breaking the North American sports record for consecutive sellouts. Think about that- in one of the SMALLEST markets in the Major Leagues, with one of the Major Leagues BIGGEST parks- Jacobs field which held about 42,000 back then- sold out 455 times in a row.

In '95 I was only 13 but still remember Tony Pena in extra vs. Boston, I can still remember Kenny Lofton scoring from 2nd on a passed ball in the ALCS, I can still remember Sandy Alomar Jr. being just about the only man living who actually got to Mariano Rivera in the post season, or Hershiser outdueling the Braves. As a FAN- I certainly cannot say- well- FUCK THAT SHIT- they didnt win a title- FAILURE of a season.

If you are a sports fan and thats your mentality you are probably a miserable sad bastard. 3% of teams win a title in a given year.
]
If the Cavs sweep their way through the East- and than come up short vs. a team that has amassed the historical achievements of Golden State- i certainly am not going to look back and say this was not one of the most enjoyable years of basketball i have ever seen- and a lot of good things happened along the way- including the Big 3 finally begining to mesh.

With that being said....I dont know....we shall see what happens in the Finals. I think the Cavs have a pretty good chance.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they dont win it- and they are all healthy- its because they were not the better team. If Golden State makes it- the CAvs will be 2-1 underdogs in my estimation. If they lose to the team with the best regular season record in NBA history and the 2 time reigning MVP - so be it- than without a doubt Curry can claim he is the best player alive, truly.

I am sure LeBron will be devastated too- and getting to the Finals will be no consolation.

I just remember watching those Indians teams back in the 90's- that never won it, but certainly captured the imigination of a town- as evidenced by the Indians breaking the North American sports record for consecutive sellouts. Think about that- in one of the SMALLEST markets in the Major Leagues, with one of the Major Leagues BIGGEST parks- Jacobs field which held about 42,000 back then- sold out 455 times in a row.

In '95 I was only 13 but still remember Tony Pena in extra vs. Boston, I can still remember Kenny Lofton scoring from 2nd on a passed ball in the ALCS, I can still remember Sandy Alomar Jr. being just about the only man living who actually got to Mariano Rivera in the post season, or Hershiser outdueling the Braves. As a FAN- I certainly cannot say- well- FUCK THAT SHIT- they didnt win a title- FAILURE of a season.

If you are a sports fan and thats your mentality you are probably a miserable sad bastard. 3% of teams win a title in a given year.
]

If the Cavs sweep their way through the East- and than come up short vs. a team that has amassed the historical achievements of Golden State- i certainly am not going to look back and say this was not one of the most enjoyable years of basketball i have ever seen- and a lot of good things happened along the way- including the Big 3 finally begining to mesh.

With that being said....I dont know....we shall see what happens in the Finals. I think the Cavs have a pretty good chance.

all I can say is...wow...

so anyone who DOESN'T see it Wiggy's way is a "miserable, sad bastard..."

Status
Not open for further replies.