• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they dont win it- and they are all healthy- its because they were not the better team. If Golden State makes it- the CAvs will be 2-1 underdogs in my estimation. If they lose to the team with the best regular season record in NBA history and the 2 time reigning MVP - so be it- than without a doubt Curry can claim he is the best player alive, truly.

I am sure LeBron will be devastated too- and getting to the Finals will be no consolation.

I just remember watching those Indians teams back in the 90's- that never won it, but certainly captured the imigination of a town- as evidenced by the Indians breaking the North American sports record for consecutive sellouts. Think about that- in one of the SMALLEST markets in the Major Leagues, with one of the Major Leagues BIGGEST parks- Jacobs field which held about 42,000 back then- sold out 455 times in a row.

In '95 I was only 13 but still remember Tony Pena in extra vs. Boston, I can still remember Kenny Lofton scoring from 2nd on a passed ball in the ALCS, I can still remember Sandy Alomar Jr. being just about the only man living who actually got to Mariano Rivera in the post season, or Hershiser outdueling the Braves. As a FAN- I certainly cannot say- well- FUCK THAT SHIT- they didnt win a title- FAILURE of a season.

If you are a sports fan and thats your mentality you are probably a miserable sad bastard. 3% of teams win a title in a given year.
]
If the Cavs sweep their way through the East- and than come up short vs. a team that has amassed the historical achievements of Golden State- i certainly am not going to look back and say this was not one of the most enjoyable years of basketball i have ever seen- and a lot of good things happened along the way- including the Big 3 finally begining to mesh.

With that being said....I dont know....we shall see what happens in the Finals. I think the Cavs have a pretty good chance.

You are kidding yourself or hedging your bets.

Halfway through a championship-or-bust season
, the Cavaliers are picking up the pieces.
LeBron 'surprised' by Cavs coaching change

"We're a team that's destined for greatness and I really believe that," James said.

It's championship or bust
, so while the Cavaliers are rolling, the real test of their greatness lays ahead.
LeBron: 'We're a team that's destined for greatness'

CBS Clevelandchampionship-or-bust-cavs-keep-title-talk-to-a-minimum-focus-on-raptors/

http://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/columns-blogs/matt-youmans/nba-championship-or-bust-lebron-cavaliers

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/juice-championship-bust-lebron-co-191828376.html

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be funny if the cavs lose in the finals to see wiggy somehow try to spin it as a successful season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully wiggy is not a heat fan. We would have to deal with him trying to spin 2011 and 2014 as a successful season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the highest payroll in the NBA?

It would be a COLOSSAL, ABJECT Failure.

For the Warriors too because of the 73 wins.

They would join the 2007 Patriots.

But at least they tried and it was fun. So that's a successful season. - Wiggy

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at least they tried and it was fun. So that's a successful season. - Wiggy

I, more than anyone, understand navigating the Boulevard of broken dreams.

You know what Team had the 2nd highest payroll?

* in best baby Dame voice *

The " no good Clippers".

1st round knockout.....AGAIN?

Failure.....and some shameful shit.

I can give give the Cavs props for making the Finals last Season, their first together, and winning 2 games, with that decimated roster.

But, injuries are part of the game.

This year, they won't even have that excuse to falll back on...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwane Casey says matching up with the Cavs when they use Channing Frye at center and LeBron James at power forward has been problematic. Like the Hawks, who had difficulty guarding the Cavs when Frye stretched the defense out at center, Toronto is trying to figure out how to combat this postseason move by Ty Lue.

this is when you are really glad you have an owner who will spend the most in the league like Gilbert. He definitely didnt have to add Channing Frye- who at the time was laguishing on Orlando's bench. Instead he takes back Frye- he immediately becomes a matchup problem and great locker room influence.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barkley just summed it up about the cavs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwane Casey says matching up with the Cavs when they use Channing Frye at center and LeBron James at power forward has been problematic. Like the Hawks, who had difficulty guarding the Cavs when Frye stretched the defense out at center, Toronto is trying to figure out how to combat this postseason move by Ty Lue.

this is when you are really glad you have an owner who will spend the most in the league like Gilbert. He definitely didnt have to add Channing Frye- who at the time was laguishing on Orlando's bench. Instead he takes back Frye- he immediately becomes a matchup problem and great locker room influence.

You have no center and JV is out.
Your other options are?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nobody else is willing to say it:

The Cavs are Championship or Bust....

I'm taking....CHAMPIONSHIP.

ALL AVATAR BEST WELCOME

* strikes a pose *

strikeapose.jpg

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nobody else is willing to say it:

The Cavs are Championship or Bust....

I'm taking....CHAMPIONSHIP.

ALL AVATAR BEST WELCOME

* strikes a pose *

View attachment 120312

Errr...

There's a joke there somewhere, but i ain't taking the sexist label and the back-alley ass-whoopin' sayin' it...:dhd:

Status
Not open for further replies.