• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we shall see wont we?

Ill tab this post and we can see who was right- and who was wrong in just about 6 weeks time. If I am wrong I will be the first one to say so--- hopefully you and the people sharing your viewpoint have the same integrity and accountability- buuuuuut i doubt it.

As i have been saying since last summer- THIS upcoming NBA free agency is going to make TT look like he makes chump change.

Some of these contracts will be absurd.

Won't change the fact that Tristan is overpaid THIS year.

Come next year, you might be correct.

His deal won't ever look like a bargain.

But, it won't be considered laughable considering his skill set, what guys like Biyombo will be making.

Imo....the 2 worst free agent deals of last year were Demarre Carroll and Amir Johnson.

Carroll has been Dookie, maybe it's the injury...maybe he just sucks.

But, Johnson? He got $12 mil and he is a 29 year old guy with a career average of 7 and 6.

He's been in the League 10 years...He's at his ceiling.

The only saving grace is they only signed him for 2 years.

I'd take Tristan over him 10 of 10 times.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my original point was that Kyrie Irving is a much better running mate for LeBron at this point, and LEBron has never gotten more help on the offensive side of the ball- which has allowed him to unleash his full repertoire of game-changing skills- and that LeBron's decision to leave Miami and come to Cleveland has been vindicated in no small part because of Kyrie IRving's emergence as one of the best that lace them up.

I'm sure Lebron would love for Irving and Love to play some defense once in a while though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these contracts will be absurd.

Won't change the fact that Tristan is overpaid THIS year.

Come next year, you might be correct.

His deal won't ever look like a bargain.

But, it won't be considered laughable considering his skill set, what guys like Biyombo will be making.

Imo....the 2 worst free agent deals of last year were Demarre Carroll and Amir Johnson.

Carroll has been Dookie, maybe it's the injury...maybe he just sucks.

But, Johnson? He got $12 mil and he is a 29 year old guy with a career average of 7 and 6.

He's been in the League 10 years...He's at his ceiling.

The only saving grace is they only signed him for 2 years.

I'd take Tristan over him 10 of 10 times.

Dammit Mecca there ya go being all rational & shit again.:L

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really know the reason why LeBron returned to the Cavs? My cousin back home knows a guy who's bookie told a bartender @ Thirsty Dog Brewing Company in Akron that he really missed Strickland's ice cream out there by the Goodyear blimp hangar.
MITCHELLS ice cream..not Stricklands...get it right! geez!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because in a small ball lineup, he fits in perfectly at the 4. Doesn't mean that he'll have the same production in the post.

And it's "you're" not "your". Could've sworn that Shaqdaddy already corrected you once. Where'd you get your doctorate from again?

Ouch...lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MITCHELLS ice cream..not Stricklands...get it right! geez!

Yeah I heard of that dump. Didn't a bunch of people get sick because they were using unfiltered water straight outta Lake Erie to make their ice cream? Ya fuckin' Clevelanders!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I heard of that dump. Didn't a bunch of people get sick because they were using unfiltered water straight outta Lake Erie to make their ice cream? Ya fuckin' Clevelanders!
I thought of that guy on FN the other day--- i was listening to 850 and one of the new Indians was being interveiwed and he kept going on and on about how Mitchells ice cream was the best he has ever had, lol....i was laughing

what was that guys name on FN again? kept extolling the virtues of the Cleveland symphony and ice cream?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought of that guy on FN the other day--- i was listening to 850 and one of the new Indians was being interveiwed and he kept going on and on about how Mitchells ice cream was the best he has ever had, lol....i was laughing

what was that guys name on FN again? kept extolling the virtues of the Cleveland symphony and ice cream?

Dammit I don't remember his name but he sure was funny as hell.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really know the reason why LeBron returned to the Cavs? My cousin back home knows a guy who's bookie told a bartender @ Thirsty Dog Brewing Company in Akron that he really missed Strickland's ice cream out there by the Goodyear blimp hangar.

You've been gone too long. There's been a Strickland's in Montrose, just around the corner from his house, for years.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been gone too long. There's been a Strickland's in Montrose, just around the corner from his house, for years.

Yeah I got outta Firestone Park once & for all more than 10 years ago. Haven't been back since.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they dont win the Finals it will be because a better team beat them this year- instead of injuries. All you can ask for is a shot at it with your full roster. Let the best team win. Its gonna be a BLAST. -- as long as we dispatch these pesky Raptors...I have a feeling we take it tonight- Lowry and DeRozan cant play better than they did in Game 4- and the Cavs cant play worse than they did in that first half.

KI will have a very solid night tonight i think
I'm pretty sure you and maybe one other Cavs fan that posts here are the only ones who doesn't think the Warriors were the better team last year-with Kyrie & Love healthy.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we shall see wont we?

Ill tab this post and we can see who was right- and who was wrong in just about 6 weeks time. If I am wrong I will be the first one to say so--- hopefully you and the people sharing your viewpoint have the same integrity and accountability- buuuuuut i doubt it.

As i have been saying since last summer- THIS upcoming NBA free agency is going to make TT look like he makes chump change.
It's too bad it's not his performance making his salary look like chump change.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Long Time Cavs Fan.

I like Cleveland, and I'm proud of being from the area, but that guy was retarded.

He and I got into a debate in which he was saying anything you could do in NYC, you could do in Cleveland. Fuckin' ass monkey.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure you and maybe one other Cavs fan that posts here are the only ones who doesn't think the Warriors were the better team last year-with Kyrie & Love healthy.

I don't know was it unreasonable for some Cavs fans to say last year that the Cavs would have been the better team if 100% healthy? Somehow they did have a 2-1 lead in the series. I have no idea & don't actually care though. Last year is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.