• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless your MJ- when you go to SEVEN FINALS- which is what LeBron will have made after 1 more win against the Raptors- you are BOUND to have a bad series or two.

I was just saying look at the stats- it was clear to LeBron Wade was regressing and he needed to get better, younger help to continue to compete for titles. What he got coming to Cleveland was the biggest piece of support on the offensive side that he has EVER HAD which has allowed LeBron to do so many of the things he does better than anyone. LeBron can win you a game more ways than any other player in the NBA- thats not even debatable. With KI taking that scoring load off his back in such a huge way- the MOST EVER- and BY FAR THE MOST Since Wade started helping less and less his 3rd year in Miami- LeBron can unleash hell Maximus style now instead of using ALL his effort to score- like in last years Finals. Watch tonight-youll get some LeBron defense you just didnt see his last couple years in Miami and last year in Cleveland with all the injuries/decline in help.

LeBron made his TENTH all nba 1st team a couple days ago. When you are that good for that long- there will be some failures to go along with all those successes. Curry just made his 2nd all nba team right?

Oh Wiggy you're gonna get crushed for this. I actually stopped reading after the 1st sentence.

MJ: 6-0 in the Finals
LBJ: 2-4 in the Finals

The end.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless your MJ- when you go to SEVEN FINALS- which is what LeBron will have made after 1 more win against the Raptors- you are BOUND to have a bad series or two.

I was just saying look at the stats- it was clear to LeBron Wade was regressing and he needed to get better, younger help to continue to compete for titles. What he got coming to Cleveland was the biggest piece of support on the offensive side that he has EVER HAD which has allowed LeBron to do so many of the things he does better than anyone. LeBron can win you a game more ways than any other player in the NBA- thats not even debatable. With KI taking that scoring load off his back in such a huge way- the MOST EVER- and BY FAR THE MOST Since Wade started helping less and less his 3rd year in Miami- LeBron can unleash hell Maximus style now instead of using ALL his effort to score- like in last years Finals. Watch tonight-youll get some LeBron defense you just didnt see his last couple years in Miami and last year in Cleveland with all the injuries/decline in help.

LeBron made his TENTH all nba 1st team a couple days ago. When you are that good for that long- there will be some failures to go along with all those successes. Curry just made his 2nd all nba team right?

Whatever you say. Lebron was in his second Finals series at the time. That's complete bull shit that you're bound to have a bad series or two. He pulled the same disappearing act in 2011 that he did in 2010 against the Celtics. The stats prove my point.

2011 NBA Finals | Basketball-Reference.com

Lebron even shot 60% from the FT line in that series, that's damn near Deandre Jordan numbers. Lebron knew that he had to eventually be the leader of the team in terms of production, that he and Wade couldn't share being the leader in production roles. Wade knew that Lebron was the better player with a higher ceiling.

And get the fuck out of here that we'll start seeing Lebron being a defensive monster. We haven't seen it last season, or this season. Chances are, we won't see it tonight or when the Cavs are in the Finals.

tl;dr - Lebron had one of the worst performances all-time, and it's because he mentally choked.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Wiggy you're gonna get crushed for this. I actually stopped reading after the 1st sentence.

MJ: 6-0 in the Finals
LBJ: 2-4 in the Finals

The end.
MJ is ina class of his own.

no one is perfect.

except MJ.

6-0.

What i said is that- no matter who you are- if you go to 7 Finals and make 10 NBA first teams- along the way you are going to fail- and LeBron has failed SPECTACULARLY at points--- Game 5 vs. the Celtics in Cleveland....Mavericks while with the Heat.....he embarassed himself in those 2 situations.

but when you are on top of the basketball world for a decade- those things will happen--- unless your name is MJ..than you just dominate and dont even think about....you dont have to rest, you dont need sleep, you can stay up all nigh golfing and gambling and show up to the game and dominate and be perfect. lol.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this your sad way of dealing with the fact that Curry is the better player now?

Also, lebron has been in the league 6 years longer than Curry.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- this is not brain surgery here...is there one person out there who actually thinks that LeBron made a bad choice ditching WAde for Kyrie? this is easy stuff here. not brain surgery. especially with the tragic, unfortunate and unlucky status of Bosh- its 100% clearly evident and undebatable that LeBron jumped ship at the perfect time. Not even a Miami fan could argue that.

you PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. Its why LeBron left Cleveland in the first place and its why he came back.

In hindsight it worked out now. However, this goes to show that Lebron will always jump ship when things don't look to be going his way. It was one thing when jumping ship to Miami because Cleveland management didn't know what they were doing. It's another thing going back to Cleveland, especially after Riley put a team around you that went to the Finals 4 straight years. And keep hyping up Lebron going to 6 straight Finals - 4 of those were with the Heat. Just so we're clear.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ is ina class of his own.

no one is perfect.

except MJ.

6-0.

What i said is that- no matter who you are- if you go to 7 Finals and make 10 NBA first teams- along the way you are going to fail- and LeBron has failed SPECTACULARLY at points--- Game 5 vs. the Celtics in Cleveland....Mavericks while with the Heat.....he embarassed himself in those 2 situations.

but when you are on top of the basketball world for a decade- those things will happen--- unless your name is MJ..than you just dominate and dont even think about....you dont have to rest, you dont need sleep, you can stay up all nigh golfing and gambling and show up to the game and dominate and be perfect. lol.

I've never seen Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, or any other star player have a disappearing act that Lebron had - especially in the Finals. Harden's the only one I can honestly think of, and well, I think he's overrated.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just remember to play nice & the Lakers can go fuck themselves.:D

How do you feel about landing the #3 pick in this years draft, and thus most likely missing out on Simmons or Ingram?

:thumb:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this your sad way of dealing with the fact that Curry is the better player now?

Also, lebron has been in the league 6 years longer than Curry.
if LeBron wins the title this year and Curry is flushed in the conference Finals after some very questionable performances for the mvp- that narrative is gonna turn on its head faster than a LeBron James fastbreak.

Curry has dealt with the expectations that come with being a superstar for about a year and a half- and this is the first time in that year and a half his team has faced a healthy team with comparable talent. Thats why i am so interested to see how he responds.

We have seen LeBron respond time and time again and raise his game. Curry? eh....hes been on the national radar for about 18 months now. ITs why i cant WAIT to see what he is made out of in Game 6 on the road.

the playoffs are just different. Curry is the greatest shooter of all time- but if his shot isnt falling- how does he help you win? LeBron can not only help you win but can DOMINATE a game even if his shot is awful in a particular game. Thats the difference in my book.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if LeBron wins the title this year and Curry is flushed in the conference Finals that narrative is gonna turn on its head faster than a LeBron James fastbreak.

Curry has dealt with the expectations that come with being a superstar for about a year and a half- and this is the first time in that year and a half his team has faced a healthy team with comparable talent. Thats why i am so interested to see how he responds.

We have seen LeBron respond time and time again and raise his game. Curry? eh....hes been on the national radar for about 18 months now. ITs why i cant WAIT to see what he is made out of in Game 6 on the road.

If if if. Christ you sound like a broken record!

FACT is, Curry is the better player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight it worked out now. However, this goes to show that Lebron will always jump ship when things don't look to be going his way. It was one thing when jumping ship to Miami because Cleveland management didn't know what they were doing. It's another thing going back to Cleveland, especially after Riley put a team around you that went to the Finals 4 straight years. And keep hyping up Lebron going to 6 straight Finals - 4 of those were with the Heat. Just so we're clear.
well we have obviously seen the reason for making 4 straight Finals after LeBron left who was by far the biggest and most important--well really the ONLY reason they made those 4 finals. When you go from NBa Finals to 11th in the East and the only guy you lose is LeBron and you replace him with a slightly better than league average replacement in Deng- you can see who was REALLY dictating that whole time.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If if if. Christ you sound like a broken record!

FACT is, Curry is the better player.

At the very least, people start choosing Curry as the player they want on their team going forward when you bring up those hypothetical questions. Age and mileage being the main factors.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we have obviously seen the reason for making 4 straight Finals after LeBron left who was by far the biggest and most important--well really the ONLY reason they made those 4 finals. When you go from NBa Finals to 11th in the East and the only guy you lose is LeBron and you replace him with a slightly better than league average replacement in Deng- you can see who was REALLY dictating that whole time.

Ummmm........no. Lebron wasn't the only reason the Heat went to the Finals. He was the best player on the Heat, but it was a team effort. If Lebron was the only reason the Heat made it to the Finals, then why couldn't he make it to the Finals on those Cleveland rosters and get past Boston?

Also, last season, the Heat were decimated with injuries. This has been made mention ad nauseam on the board. You say the Heat can't use injuries as an excuse, but it's the same excuse you use when discussing why the Cavs lost in the Finals. This year we saw what the Heat could do with a roster that is healthy, with the exception of Bosh.

Keep talking out of your ass, Wiggy-wam. I keep embarrassing you on this forum.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very least, people start choosing Curry as the player they want on their team going forward when you bring up those hypothetical questions. Age and mileage being the main factors.
Curry is 3 years younger and his injury history is quadruple James'....not only that but guards lose their game a lot faster than big man...not only that but LeBron is much much more versatile and can help you in multiple ways. When you mitigate for those factors you can pretty much say they probably both have about equal dominate years remaining.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're basing this on the fact that lebron is only ever played in a weakened Eastern Conference. Put him in the West and then what happens?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm........no. Lebron wasn't the only reason the Heat went to the Finals. He was the best player on the Heat, but it was a team effort. If Lebron was the only reason the Heat made it to the Finals, then why couldn't he make it to the Finals on those Cleveland rosters and get past Boston?

Also, last season, the Heat were decimated with injuries. This has been made mention ad nauseam on the board. You say the Heat can't use injuries as an excuse, but it's the same excuse you use when discussing why the Cavs lost in the Finals. This year we saw what the Heat could do with a roster that is healthy, with the exception of Bosh.

Keep talking out of your ass, Wiggy-wam. I keep embarrassing you on this forum.
LOL...did you watch the '07 Cavs or the 15' Heat?

I rest my case counselor. :dhd:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is 3 years younger and his injury history is quadruple James'....not only that but guards lose their game a lot faster than big man...not only that but LeBron is much much more versatile and can help you in multiple ways. When you mitigate for those factors you can pretty much say they probably both have about equal dominate years remaining.

Ummmm......no. Lebron's not your typical big man - eg. Tim Duncan, Dirk, Aldirdge, etc.. Those names mentioned are not overly athletic which is why their games carry over well into their 30's.

Lebron's a wing-player that fits as a point forward. Compare him to a Durant and Leonard, they're not the proto-typical big men that you describe. What has separated Lebron from the rest of the league is his size and his ability to carry his size with AHTLETICISM. Those heavy miles that he's been putting on will start catching up.

And yeah, Irving has a longer history of injuries too. Once again, I'm poking holes in your ship with ease.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about landing the #3 pick in this years draft, and thus most likely missing out on Simmons or Ingram?

:thumb:

Any chance the Lakers would trade Russell to the Celtics?:hope:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm......no. Lebron's not your typical big man - eg. Tim Duncan, Dirk, Aldirdge, etc.. Those names mentioned are not overly athletic which is why their games carry over well into their 30's.

Lebron's a wing-player that fits as a point forward. Compare him to a Durant and Leonard, they're not the proto-typical big men that you describe. What has separated Lebron from the rest of the league is his size and his ability to carry his size with AHTLETICISM. Those heavy miles that he's been putting on will start catching up.

And yeah, Irving has a longer history of injuries too. Once again, I'm poking holes in your ship with ease.
LeBron is one of the most intelligent players to ever play the game and could move into the 4 position and make ALL NBA teams for another 5 years EASILY.

Heavy miles catch up a lot less when you have an organization like the Cavs - who have learned very valuable lessons- how to take care of an aging superstar from the Spurs- how not too from the Lakers.

Pair that with 2 guys that can help carry the load in Irving and Love- and an organization who has BRILLIANTLY handled James to the point where James ays this is the best he has felt in multiple years- and unfortunately for you i think you will be seeing LeBron James dominate the NBA playoffs for a LONG LONG TIME yet.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to share my basketball insight on last night's game between the Thunder and the Warriors. As you all know, I don't really follow basketball, but I think you'll be impressed with what I've come up with.

So, I was watching SportsCenter this morning and they were replaying the post game presser with Draymond Green and Klay Thompson and I could not help but to notice what a funny looking duo that is. Green is dark as all get out, but his lips/mouth are pretty lightly hued, and Thompson has the appearance of a white guy (or maybe Hispanic) who has gone to great lengths to make it appear that he's black.

I'll try to have more in-depth analysis prepared for you all following tonight's Cavs/Raptors game.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...did you watch the '07 Cavs or the 15' Heat?

I rest my case counselor. :dhd:

Stupid fuck. The Boston Celtics elite teams were put together in 2008. Once that big 3 were created, Lebron couldn't get past them while he was in Cleveland. But he gets to Miami and all of a sudden he's about to get past Boston. I wonder why.

The Heat made it one game from the ECF without Whiteside and Bosh. What's your point? I hope you have a backup career ready as a dish washer or bus boy, because judging by your debating skills - you're severely lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.