• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you. I just think the Grammar Nazi bit on a sports chat site is lame.

It certainly is. And generally, I'm quite guilty of the occasional mistakes in grammar. However, Wiggy seems to do it constantly. He also likes to try and point out that he's so much more educated than the masses on this forum. And he's already been put on blast for it on the same mistake he just made.

On top of that, he's pissing me off more than usual today.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the excuse DEFINITELY wont be that LeBron has an over 30 injury prone guard that pooped the bed in the playoffs like WAde did against the Spurs.

As i said- great job by LeBron identifying Kyrie's potential. No one EVER playing by LeBron's side has given him more support in a postseason. 24 points a game is a LOT when you are playing with LeBron James. THAT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT for LeBron....think about that...LeBron is not even the leading scorer on his team in the postseason!!!! NOW THAT is how you extend a dude like LeBrons career!

you can get a very good picture of LeBron's thinking with Kyrie this season. Its obvious he has the confidence in Kyrie to carry the offensive load at times- not only this year- but going forward.

That should only help extend LeBron's prime, and his career in general, and his window to win titles. When you have another top 15 player that is 24 years old playing with LeBron your window is gonna be wide open for a long time going forward.

and i gotta say...if the Cavs are down 1 with 6 seconds left...I almost prefer to hae KI with the ball over LeBron. Kyrie DEFINITELY has the ability to close out games- which guys like Kawhi Leonard have not proven they cando yet as a focal point when the pressure is on.
I only have one question. If LBJ saw Kyrie's potential then why would he leave Cleveland the same year Kyrie was going to be drafted? I mean the Cavs had to know that if they got the #1 pick they were picking Kyrie- and I'm sure LBJ knew that also. How come he didn't want to play with such a talented player?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if thats the case why did DWade never get 24 a game in four tries with LeBron?
Ummm because they also had Bosh as well. Pretty hard for them all to average 25+ a game & have 2 other role players on the floor.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure you and maybe one other Cavs fan that posts here are the only ones who doesn't think the Warriors were the better team last year-with Kyrie & Love healthy.

Yeah the Warriors were the better team from Day 1 and throughout the entire season including the playoffs. Better than any other team including the Cavs when healthy.

Personally, if I had to put money on who wins last year's Finals with a healthy Love & Irving... I'm taking the Cavs.

BUT its not really fair to say the Warriors "Got lucky" considering they were the best team in basketball from Day 1 all the way to the end of the season. It would be one thing if they ran into a better team that was injured.... but there was no better team to run into. They were already the favorites. Doesn't mean they were unbeatable and didn't benefit from the injury troubles of other teams... but they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what?

your the clown that thinks TT is a "below" average player. gmafb.

I never said ANYTHING OF THE SORT about Wade--- what i said was - if you could read- that LeBron has NEVER had a guy like Kyrie be able to carry so much of the offensive load. That is definitely true. I just looked it up...after those game in Toronto LeBron has a .1 point lead on Kyrie..... 23.9 to 23.8 points per game.

think about that-- Dwades last 2 years he was at 16 and 17.5.....and LeBron was at 27.4 and 25.9 respectively.....

I think it helps LeBron immensely- to be around the 24 point mark, and have a teammate right around that 24 point mark....than it was the last 2 years in Miami- when he was at 27.4, and 25.9 and Wade as was at 15.9 and 17.5....thats a very SIGNIFICANT disparity, wouldnt you agree?

LeBron SHOULD be able to extend his career and his prime if he has a guy who can either match, or possibly even overtake his offensive production at some point. AT least in my opinion. Its why Irving is so important to both the Cavs and LeBron's long term outlook towin titles.
I think you're not taking into account that LBJ has aged since playing in Miami- in order to prolong his career he will need to let the youngsters get more run & do more than just pass him the ball & shag his rebounds.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only have one question. If LBJ saw Kyrie's potential then why would he leave Cleveland the same year Kyrie was going to be drafted? I mean the Cavs had to know that if they got the #1 pick they were picking Kyrie- and I'm sure LBJ knew that also. How come he didn't want to play with such a talented player?
LeBron left the year before Kyrie was drafted.

Only reason Cavs got that #1 pick was because of the LeBron trade they did with Miami and the fact that they sucked when LeBron left.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, the Cavs were in that position after a year of not having Lebron. Had Lebron stayed on the Cavs, they would've likely made the playoffs and not in a position to get the number 1 draft pick. Thus, they wouldn't get Irving in the draft.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to share my basketball insight on last night's game between the Thunder and the Warriors. As you all know, I don't really follow basketball, but I think you'll be impressed with what I've come up with.

So, I was watching SportsCenter this morning and they were replaying the post game presser with Draymond Green and Klay Thompson and I could not help but to notice what a funny looking duo that is. Green is dark as all get out, but his lips/mouth are pretty lightly hued, and Thompson has the appearance of a white guy (or maybe Hispanic) who has gone to great lengths to make it appear that he's black.

I'll try to have more in-depth analysis prepared for you all following tonight's Cavs/Raptors game.
Ummm...Klay IS black. SMH

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know was it unreasonable for some Cavs fans to say last year that the Cavs would have been the better team if 100% healthy? Somehow they did have a 2-1 lead in the series. I have no idea & don't actually care though. Last year is over.
No that's not pretty reasonable.

The way a team is measured is based on performance- not whether or not they have injured players since EVERY TEAM experiences injuries at some point. It's the reason the score is kept in each game to determine WHO WAS BETTER- even if just for that game.

Now, if we take it a step further- when the Cavs were healthy which team had the better record THROUGHOUT the season? And who was the favorite to win BEFORE Kyrie & Love went down?

That would be the Warriors. That is all.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Warriors were the better team from Day 1 and throughout the entire season including the playoffs. Better than any other team including the Cavs when healthy.

Personally, if I had to put money on who wins last year's Finals with a healthy Love & Irving... I'm taking the Cavs.

BUT its not really fair to say the Warriors "Got lucky" considering they were the best team in basketball from Day 1 all the way to the end of the season. It would be one thing if they ran into a better team that was injured.... but there was no better team to run into. They were already the favorites. Doesn't mean they were unbeatable and didn't benefit from the injury troubles of other teams... but they deserve the benefit of the doubt.
I agree with everything except with taking the Cavs over the Warriors. I honestly wish your team had been healthy last year so this debate would be non-existent.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought of that guy on FN the other day--- i was listening to 850 and one of the new Indians was being interveiwed and he kept going on and on about how Mitchells ice cream was the best he has ever had, lol....i was laughing

what was that guys name on FN again? kept extolling the virtues of the Cleveland symphony and ice cream?
LTCF....... come on!

How could you forget the Jeopardy contestant?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only reason Cavs got that #1 pick was because of the LeBron trade they did with Miami and the fact that they sucked when LeBron left.
Oh ok....I was thinking he left the same summer Kyrie came out. My mistake.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They got the Kyrie pick from the Clippers for taking Baron Davis :L.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm...I didn't say he wasn't. I said he looks like a white guy trying to look black. Do you disagree?

View attachment 122550
Yes I do disagree. He is BOTH WHITE AND BLACK. And that's exactly what he looks like-a mixture of the two.

How does somebody who is black TRY to look black? What about him makes you think he's TRYING to look black? Is it his features? Because he was born with those- again from his black heritage. His hair? That's what a biracial person's hair usually looks like.

I don't understand your comment or the point you were trying to make.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do disagree. He is BOTH WHITE AND BLACK. And that's exactly what he looks like-a mixture of the two.

How does somebody who is black TRY to look black? What about him makes you think he's TRYING to look black? Is it his features? Because he was born with those- again from his black heritage. His hair? That's what a biracial person's hair usually looks like.

I don't understand your comment or the point you were trying to make.

I didn't say that he's trying to look black. I said that he looks like a white guy trying to look black. There's a subtle difference.

Check out the Ali-G pic. You don't see similarities?

Honestly, if you just showed me a pic of Thompson and I had no idea who he is, I'd probably guess that he's of middle eastern descent.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long Time Cavs Fan.

I like Cleveland, and I'm proud of being from the area, but that guy was retarded.

He and I got into a debate in which he was saying anything you could do in NYC, you could do in Cleveland. Fuckin' ass monkey.
Yes, I remember that. I do believe that's when Wiggy was mentioning that Ohio has the best public school system and what not. That was a long day.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you. I just think the Grammar Nazi bit on a sports chat site is lame.

Everyone makes mistakes. Heck in this digital age autocorrect and typos are a regular thing.

But a guy who claims he's a doctor/lawyer making simple 2nd grade mistakes on a regular basis is just too tempting not to pass up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.