• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we shall see wont we?

Ill tab this post and we can see who was right- and who was wrong in just about 6 weeks time. If I am wrong I will be the first one to say so--- hopefully you and the people sharing your viewpoint have the same integrity and accountability- buuuuuut i doubt it.

As i have been saying since last summer- THIS upcoming NBA free agency is going to make TT look like he makes chump change.

Again, you're trying to justify the fact thompson will be getting $15m next year, and yet he's a BELOW than average player.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs win 5 more games this season, TT wasn't overpaid.

If they don't, he was.

But the Cavs still did the right thing by signing him considering the lack of better or even equal alternatives.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they don't, he was.

But the Cavs still did the right thing by signing him considering the lack of better or even equal alternatives.
i think you are going to be SHOCKED 6 weeks from now what guys get in free agency. Practically everyone has oodles of cap room to spread out on a free agent class that is not particularly strong. It is a GREAT year to be a free agent- and its a piss-poor year to have cap room.

Simple supply and demand.

The supply of cap room has never been greater in the history of the league- and this free agent class is definitely thin- especially after guys like Valunciunas and MKG and many others signed extensions last summer.

The result will be a lot of guys getting way more money than they "deserve"...but what they get is just dictated by the market- so technically it IS what they "deserve".

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were his stats for those four tries?
they were in that post i posted just a little bit ago- but it disapeared. it was the one your responded too....

If i remember correctly his last year it was like 17 points, his first year he had 22 points, and the other 2 years were in between.

hold on...
17.5 in the 2014 postseason
15.9 in the '13
22.8 in the '12
22.2 in the '11

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were in that post i posted just a little bit ago- but it disapeared. it was the one your responded too....

If i remember correctly his last year it was like 17 points, his first year he had 22 points, and the other 2 years were in between.

hold on...
17.5 in the 2014 postseason
15.9 in the '13
22.8 in the '12
22.2 in the '11

So around 20ppg then. Then why make it sound like Wade was useless and Kyrie is the best PG in the game?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So around 20ppg then. So why make it sound like Wade was useless and Kyrie is the best PG in the game?
what?

your the clown that thinks TT is a "below" average player. gmafb.

I never said ANYTHING OF THE SORT about Wade--- what i said was - if you could read- that LeBron has NEVER had a guy like Kyrie be able to carry so much of the offensive load. That is definitely true. I just looked it up...after those game in Toronto LeBron has a .1 point lead on Kyrie..... 23.9 to 23.8 points per game.

think about that-- Dwades last 2 years he was at 16 and 17.5.....and LeBron was at 27.4 and 25.9 respectively.....

I think it helps LeBron immensely- to be around the 24 point mark, and have a teammate right around that 24 point mark....than it was the last 2 years in Miami- when he was at 27.4, and 25.9 and Wade as was at 15.9 and 17.5....thats a very SIGNIFICANT disparity, wouldnt you agree?

LeBron SHOULD be able to extend his career and his prime if he has a guy who can either match, or possibly even overtake his offensive production at some point. AT least in my opinion. Its why Irving is so important to both the Cavs and LeBron's long term outlook towin titles.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as we dispatch these pesky Raptors...I have a feeling we take it tonight-

I think we see a bit of a repeat of game 4 with the exception that when the Cavs take a late lead this time, they don't give it back.

A lot will depend on Love. If he comes up small like he did in game 4, it will be very tough for the Cavs to win. But if he plays just a little better, not even as good as game 5, just better than game 4, they should be able to win.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what?

your the clown that thinks TT is a "below" average player. gmafb.

Firstly, it's "you're"

Secondly, yes he's below than average. His stats are terrible for the amount of money he gets paid.

But then again you're ridiculously homer so I don't expect you to understand.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and having a top 10 scorer like Kyrie with LeBron really allows LEBron to do ALL THE THINGS that he can do to impact a game.

If LeBron doesnt have to score 30 and give all his effort and focus to scoring- he can do SOOOOO many more things- and find SOOOO many ways to impact the game...I mean- if Steph Curry isnt shooting well- how many ways can he impact the game?-

I think Kyrie has a big game tonight.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they don't, he was.

I think he's overpaid either way. The difference is that, if they win a title, it justifies overpaying him. There are plenty of players who bring what he does for less money, but with the Cavs cap situation, they couldn't let TT walk and sign one of them.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firstly, it's "you're"

Secondly, yes he's below than average. His stats are terrible for the amount of money he gets paid.

thank you for correcting my grammar on a sports forum. Despite going through undergrad, and then getting my doctorate 2 weeks ago Sunday, and drafting dozens upon dozens of grammar PERFECT legal documents- I guess I never learned the difference between your, you're and whatever grammar tips you have going. Please, continue to enlighten me with your masterful grasp of the English language. lol. My grammar MUST be perfect on a sports forum or the whole world just will fall to pieces. I am glad there (is that the right "there"?, or is it "their"? or "they're"?..please please help!) is someone with an abundance of intelligence like yourself to help us poor plebeians. :L

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank you for correcting my grammar on a sports forum. Despite going through undergrad, and then getting my doctorate 2 weeks ago Sunday, and drafting dozens upon dozens of grammar PERFECT legal documents- I guess I never learned the difference between your, you're and whatever grammar tips you have going. Please, continue to enlighten me with your masterful grasp of the English language. lol. My grammar MUST be perfect on a sports forum or the whole world just will fall to pieces. I am glad there (is that the right "there", or is it "their" or "they're"..please please help!) is someone with an abundance of intelligence like yourself to help us poor plebeians. :L

Nice try. But you failed to get right what a 3rd grader could.

Dr Wiggy. :rofl:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firstly, it's "you're"

Some pretty good LOLs here with you correcting his grammar and then immediately going with "below than average". :pound:

Reactions: LAD

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the excuse DEFINITELY wont be that LeBron has an over 30 injury prone guard that pooped the bed in the playoffs like WAde did against the Spurs.

As i said- great job by LeBron identifying Kyrie's potential. No one EVER playing by LeBron's side has given him more support in a postseason. 24 points a game is a LOT when you are playing with LeBron James. THAT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT for LeBron....think about that...LeBron is not even the leading scorer on his team in the postseason!!!! NOW THAT is how you extend a dude like LeBrons career!

you can get a very good picture of LeBron's thinking with Kyrie this season. Its obvious he has the confidence in Kyrie to carry the offensive load at times- not only this year- but going forward.

That should only help extend LeBron's prime, and his career in general, and his window to win titles. When you have another top 15 player that is 24 years old playing with LeBron your window is gonna be wide open for a long time going forward.

and i gotta say...if the Cavs are down 1 with 6 seconds left...I almost prefer to hae KI with the ball over LeBron. Kyrie DEFINITELY has the ability to close out games- which guys like Kawhi Leonard have not proven they cando yet as a focal point when the pressure is on.

and ONCE AGAIN he HAAADD to make it about the Heat...:pound::pound:

Status
Not open for further replies.