• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dingdingding:

This guy gets it.

That record, the free agent signings, the media and fans pencilling them in to the WCF before a single game has been played...

Good, not great, Season.

crazy. funny how SOME Cavs fans want to soften the blow if their team comes up short...

HILARIOUS...:pound::pound:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were a title or bust team. When that trade happened, pretty much everyone had the Lakers and Heat in the finals. Magic got on tv and said the Lakers were back to winning championships again. Pretty much every Lakers fan expected a finals appearance at worst.

The season was a bust and abject failure. Period.

agreed, there was no grey area there. that team was constructed for a title run...and totally fell on it's collective faces...

inarguable imo...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your any team in the NBA ypu are judged on the same scale

just because your GM sucks doesnt mean you play on a curve.

EVERYONE plays under the same exact set of rules

like the Wizards--- did they "underacheieve"- or was everyone just WRONG...just like they were about a Spurs/GSW Western Conference NBA Finals.....its all bullshit.

Ill guarantee you people with your warped mentality would have called that Lakers team with Kobe, Dwight, Nash and Gasol a "title or bust team".....

If it's a matter of same rules, or GMs sucking, then please explain how every non James Cavs team can suck so badly for so long.

If it's not championship or bust, then please explain why James said it might be better to not make the playoffs then to end up losing in them

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it's worse. MJ and Kobe were direct and open about being dicks. Lebron is passive aggressive about it.
If im LeBron.. I would LOVE the hate. I would bathe in the haterade.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Bismack Biyombo could command $17 million per year in free agency

Last summer, Bismack Biyombo signed a two-year, $6 million deal with the Raptors with a player option for the second year, following four unremarkable seasons in Charlotte. After his performance in the playoffs, it’s a no-brainer that he’ll opt out, and he’s in line for a huge payday. Perhaps bigger than most people expected, even with the rising salary cap. An unnamed GM told the Sporting News‘ Sean Deveney that Biyombo’s price tag this summer could be $17 million per year: “For someone like (Biyombo), I think when you look at a guy like Tyson Chandler and what he got from Phoenix last summer (four years, $52 million), that’s where you start for a contract,” one Eastern Conference GM told Sporting ...

maybe now the fools that think Thompson is hugely overpaid making 15.3M next year will get a freaking clue, LOL. Thompson is way better than BOTH those guys.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dingdingding:

This guy gets it.
That record, the free agent signings, the media and fans pencilling them in to the WCF before a single game has been played...and not creating history

Good, not great, Season.
:fify:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Bismack Biyombo could command $17 million per year in free agency

Last summer, Bismack Biyombo signed a two-year, $6 million deal with the Raptors with a player option for the second year, following four unremarkable seasons in Charlotte. After his performance in the playoffs, it’s a no-brainer that he’ll opt out, and he’s in line for a huge payday. Perhaps bigger than most people expected, even with the rising salary cap. An unnamed GM told the Sporting News‘ Sean Deveney that Biyombo’s price tag this summer could be $17 million per year: “For someone like (Biyombo), I think when you look at a guy like Tyson Chandler and what he got from Phoenix last summer (four years, $52 million), that’s where you start for a contract,” one Eastern Conference GM told Sporting ...

maybe now the fools that think Thompson is hugely overpaid making 15.3M next year will get a freaking clue, LOL. Thompson is way better than BOTH those guys.

Key word is: COULD

As seeing as Gilbert isn't signing him, he probably won't make $17m

Keep trying to justify thompsons contract or his abilities, wiggy. It's just making you look sad!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEVER IN LEBRON's CAREER has he gotten so much scoring help from a teammate. EVER. EVER. and Kyrie is 24 years old. THIS is what LeBron envisioned when he decided to come back.

So what's the excuse going to be if they don't win the finals then?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep trying to justify thompsons contract or his abilities, wiggy. It's just making you look sad!
But I wonder if it makes Gilbert think he spent all that dough on the wrong player.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and desperate.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they dont win the Finals it will be because a better team beat them this year- instead of injuries. All you can ask for is a shot at it with your full roster. Let the best team win. Its gonna be a BLAST. -- as long as we dispatch these pesky Raptors...I have a feeling we take it tonight- Lowry and DeRozan cant play better than they did in Game 4- and the Cavs cant play worse than they did in that first half.

KI will have a very solid night tonight i think

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well we shall see wont we?

Ill tab this post and we can see who was right- and who was wrong in just about 6 weeks time. If I am wrong I will be the first one to say so--- hopefully you and the people sharing your viewpoint have the same integrity and accountability- buuuuuut i doubt it.

As i have been saying since last summer- THIS upcoming NBA free agency is going to make TT look like he makes chump change.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the excuse DEFINITELY wont be that LeBron has an over 30 injury prone guard that pooped the bed in the playoffs like WAde did against the Spurs.

As i said- great job by LeBron identifying Kyrie's potential. No one EVER playing by LeBron's side has given him more support in a postseason. 24 points a game is a LOT when you are playing with LeBron James. THAT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT for LeBron....think about that...LeBron is not even the leading scorer on his team in the postseason!!!! NOW THAT is how you extend a dude like LeBrons career!

you can get a very good picture of LeBron's thinking with Kyrie this season. Its obvious he has the confidence in Kyrie to carry the offensive load at times- not only this year- but going forward.

That should only help extend LeBron's prime, and his career in general, and his window to win titles. When you have another top 15 player that is 24 years old playing with LeBron your window is gonna be wide open for a long time going forward.

and i gotta say...if the Cavs are down 1 with 6 seconds left...I almost prefer to hae KI with the ball over LeBron. Kyrie DEFINITELY has the ability to close out games- which guys like Kawhi Leonard have not proven they cando yet as a focal point when the pressure is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.