• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Final - Sens vs Pens

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's a Canadian so he's smart and there's a reason for why he's doing it.

Geeesh, Darkstone. I guess they don't make PhD candidates in America like they do in Canada.

Which is strange because I've been told that Canadian universities are garbage.

:behindsofa:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Geeesh, Darkstone. I guess they don't make PhD candidates in America like they do in Canada.

I've heard that in the last 20 years the two most common questions on American candidacy exams are:

1) Coke or Pepsi? and,

2) Do you want to supersize that?

Of course American education wasn't always substandard. In the heyday of the 1980s they used to delve deeper when prominent American academics routinely probed important questions like:

Tastes great or less filling?

Where's the beef? and,

Spoon or fork?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't sell yourselves short, I'm sure that Americans can hide from real work just as well as Canadians can :wink:

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, alright, no need to rub it in, at least we (notices absence of Pirates' logo in most spoiled Pens' fans logo sets from a town with exactly 3 teams) stand by our losers. Kidding, but not kidding.

:wave:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw. I hate your team. But I mean what's not to hate?

Diving. Kessel and Bonino and so much more. Check.

Getting away with murder? Geno's got that covered in spades. Crosby doesn't even half sever digits with this guy around. He still will but that's just what championship depth is all about. Big check here.

Tanking AND winning a random lottery? Nobody does it like Pittsburgh. Check.

Track record of injury other teams star players? Letang, Cooke, Ulf Samuelsson. Come on!! So much history there. YUUUGE check for this category.

It's just a such a rich fabric of hockey culture with the Pens. A fabric that has a massive shit stain on it.

:suds::trash:

But you fans on here are generally reasonable and thoughtful. So no, I don't hate ya.
I would guess the Pens eliminating the Sens 4 times in the playoffs since 2008 has something to do with it too?(I don't mean that in a smartass way) I feel the success the Pens have had is the biggest reason for the hate they get and its the same for any team(s) that are consistently good from year to year IMO. If the Pens tanked and that is the reason why they have been a playoff team since the mid 2000's, so be it but what has taken Edmonton so long to become a contender? Its tough to prove if a team intentionally tanked for draft picks but that is not to say I don't think it happens.

As for the track record of injury of other teams stars, that is on the individual player IMO and not so much the entire team. Most dirty players are dirty no matter what jersey they wear.

I don't mind that people don't like the Pens but I feel their success is mainly what brings out the criticism they get. Also, I think the Pens do have a shit ton of bandwagon fans that annoy most everyone including me. If the Pens happen to beat Nashville, the bandwagon fans will grow even more unfortunately. Its the same with Steelers fans and the high number of bandwagon bastards they have so I can understand if that causes other teams fans to hate them but it could happen to any team that is a habitual playoff contender in any sport.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These arguments are pointless. I thought we left them all behind when we crawled out of the swamp and started walking on two legs. Let's not regress.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These arguments are pointless. I thought we left them all behind when we crawled out of the swamp and started walking on two legs. Let's not regress.

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of ELDERBERRIES!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course American education wasn't always substandard. In the heyday of the 1980s they used to delve deeper when prominent American academics routinely probed important questions like:

Tastes great or less filling?

Where's the beef? and,

Spoon or fork?

And of course our answer to two of those was just... both. ;)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is strange because I've been told that Canadian universities are garbage.

:behindsofa:

Just to clarify... that's not something I ever posted as I know absolutely nothing about the Canadian education system given my America-centric education. ;)