• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Final - Sens vs Pens

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Eloco, how pissed are you that Fleury saved his LMAFO game for this round? :dhd:

To quote @Darkstone42 .... Phil Kessel is an animal.

He's a lovable Ewok!

Andersen looks dialed in. A lot of pucks just seemed to find his glove, but I think that's part of excellent positioning and a calm demeanor. He doesn't seem like the floppy, Hasek type.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark my words. This game was a victory for the Pens.

I gotta say, Murray looked pretty poised. I think it's 50/50 for Sullivan. Hard not to go back to Fleury after only two goals against in the previous 3 games, but....

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, not the right game to shell out for.

:rolleyes2: I'm sure the hits that injured Rust and Schultz we're fine though. God, Ottawans have such an inferiority complex, can't even enjoy a 5-1 win where none of their players got hurt.

1. Did you watch the last 2 games?

2. Burrows got hurt; luckily it wasn't from the Malkin elbow to the head, but he was still injured.

3. There was no penalty, and should not have a been a penalty, on either of the Pens injuries last game. Do you have any kind of credible source that suggests otherwise?

4. I'm enjoying this just fine.

5. You live in Ottawa and I don't.

6. Pay some kind of attention; it makes it so much more interesting to read/laugh off your posts.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's edited but it still made me LOL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Did you watch the last 2 games?

2. Burrows got hurt; luckily it wasn't from the Malkin elbow to the head, but he was still injured.

3. There was no penalty, and should not have a been a penalty, on either of the Pens injuries last game. Do you have any kind of credible source that suggests otherwise?

4. I'm enjoying this just fine.

5. You live in Ottawa and I don't.

6. Pay some kind of attention; it makes it so much more interesting to read/laugh off your posts.

The hit on Schultz was from behind and close to the boards. The hit on Rust was good, but Phaneuf also targeted Guentzel's head on a hit which didn't result in an injury and threw a chicken wing at Sid along the boards.

The Pens have whacked and hacked and thrown questionable hits, but the Sens have done the same thing. It's been chippy in both directions.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hit on Schultz was from behind and close to the boards. The hit on Rust was good, but Phaneuf also targeted Guentzel's head on a hit which didn't result in an injury and threw a chicken wing at Sid along the boards.

The Pens have whacked and hacked and thrown questionable hits, but the Sens have done the same thing. It's been chippy in both directions.

I agree somewhat. Malkin today went after people's heads a tonne. He did it repeatedly. There were no repercussions.

As for the Schultz hit vs. Wilson's hit is context. The game was done when Wilson decided to board a player.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree somewhat. Malkin today went after people's heads a tonne. He did it repeatedly. There were no repercussions.

As for the Schultz hit vs. Wilson's hit is context. The game was done when Wilson decided to board a player.

You said it shouldn't have been a penalty. I think it could have been called boarding. That was my specific gripe there. I didn't see the Wilson hit because I had to leave for a softball game during the third period, and I just got back a bit ago and am none to keen to look up highlights.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: Huh... I thought it was just Canucks fans that complained about everything and everyone... .ah playoff hockey. Wonder how long till we see it again...

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andersen looks dialed in. A lot of pucks just seemed to find his glove, but I think that's part of excellent positioning and a calm demeanor. He doesn't seem like the floppy, Hasek type.

Anderson has always been a positioning goalie. He has size to back up his play. The thing is, last night, at least early, he looked bad. He was slower than normal, lost his posts a few times and I saw him stumble. It was one of those games where if the Pens had gotten one in the first ten minutes, they might have gotten four themselves. He steadied as the game went on, but I thought he looked nervous in front of the home crowd out of the gate.

This game had to happen. Thank you Sens for getting MAF pulled. Murray will take us to the promised land just as he did last year.

I gotta say, Murray looked pretty poised. I think it's 50/50 for Sullivan. Hard not to go back to Fleury after only two goals against in the previous 3 games, but....

I do not envy Sullivan. No matter what he does, if the Pens lose the next game (and that seems likely as the Sens have just smothered their speed) it will be "because" of whatever he chooses to do in net.

"He should have known not to go back to Fleury"
"Murray was rusty, he wasn't ready for a full game"

I just can't believe I feel sorry for LMAFO. What is this world coming to?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YXnkHZI.gif

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93