• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

East as of now...

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Nelson the man?

He's better than any of the PG's they have now, wouldn't be a bad fit and they could probably get him at a good price. If they bring on Nelson and Bird Man, all of the sudden that's a solid looking team assuming Wade and Haslem both resign.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chalmers just signed with the Heat for 2yr / $8 mil. Looks like Cole may be traded. I hope Shabazz doesn't pick up Rio's bad habits. Great situation for Rio as he has a chance to prove if he can actually be a starting PG in this league, and not just a starting spot up shooter.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too.

I think it's destiny that the Heat/Cavs will meet in the playoffs at some point next year.
That would be simply awesome!

I'd throw a parade just for knocking Lebron out of the playoffs. God I hope the Heat play the Cavs in the Finals. I'll be like you as well, if the Heat get knocked out of the playoffs, I'm rooting for whoever plays the Cavs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question to the Heat fans saying they can never root for James...

Is that your rule with every x-heat player, or something you reserve special for the best player to ever leave the Heat?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The East is very weak, but surprisingly deep. Not much separates any of these teams at the moment.

I think that we are quite possibly seeing the beginning of the cycle where the East (from top to bottom) will be as good if not better than the West (within several years). This will be especially true if Durant signs with an Eastern team in a few years. By that time some of the older stars (Kobe, Duncan, etc) will be retired and a lot of the top high draft picks (mainly on Eastern teams) will start to come into their own. Time will tell.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The EAST improved dramatically this off-season

With injury recovery PLUS free agency, the east clearly has won this offseason.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that your rule with every x-heat player, or something you reserve special for the best player to ever leave the Heat?

Manner in which he left. As soon as it got tough, he walked out. The situation in Miami is different than Cleveland. I understood why he left Cleveland because they couldn't surround him with talent in the 7 years that he was over there. In Miami he went to the Finals every year.

I'm also convinced that Lebron was set to leave for months now, particularly because of the Mike Miller situation which apparently really irked him. On a side note it's ironic as Gilbert was the driving force in the CBA negotiations to force punitive measures via luxury tax. Miami was stagnant in the initial phase of free agency as we were waiting around for him. Had the Heat known that Lebron was gone, we may have had an actual chance at someone like Gortat or Lowry.

I also don't like the Cavs whatsoever. I think they're a terrible ran franchise and I think Dan Gilbert is a petulant spoiled child who over the last week is totally undeserving of everything good that's going on for his franchise. The worse possible thing to me is seeing Gilbert hoisting the Larry O'Brien trophy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most Heat fans didn't like him before he came because of the Wade vs James thing.
At one point we felt Wade was the better player. Obviously that changed years ago.
Smaller version of Kobe/James..Lakers fan hate.

Why would we root for James?
He came here to play for rings and NEVER didn't.
We did decline this year, but Wade/Bosh were willing to try to regroup. He wasn't.

Yes, he had every right to make that choice...but why the hell would we want his decision to leave to end up being a good one?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manner in which he left. As soon as it got tough, he walked out. The situation in Miami is different than Cleveland. I understood why he left Cleveland because they couldn't surround him with talent in the 7 years that he was over there. In Miami he went to the Finals every year.

I'm also convinced that Lebron was set to leave for months now, particularly because of the Mike Miller situation which apparently really irked him.
On a side note it's ironic as Gilbert was the driving force in the CBA negotiations to force punitive measures via luxury tax. Miami was stagnant in the initial phase of free agency as we were waiting around for him. Had the Heat known that Lebron was gone, we may have had an actual chance at someone like Gortat or Lowry.

I also don't like the Cavs whatsoever. I think they're a terrible ran franchise and I think Dan Gilbert is a petulant spoiled child who over the last week is totally undeserving of everything good that's going on for his franchise. The worse possible thing to me is seeing Gilbert hoisting the Larry O'Brien trophy.

Miller thing is way overblown. Phoney excuse.
We had PLENTY of 3 point shooters.

Currently the Cavs do not, yet Gilbert doesn't want to pay Mike what Denver will.
He just got James. If James is so gung ho on Mike..he should have been signed already.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing on the relationship between Heat fans and LeBron ... I think most Heat fans feel like they carried a burden for LeBron. While the rest of the NBA world was hating and criticizing him... they were defending him and praising him.

There's little doubt that LeBron gave 100% of his effort on the court for the full 4 years and performed very well. He gave his all. But what I was overlooking, maybe, was that Heat fans feel like they gave him their all for 4 years to. Even though he was someone they hadn't particularly liked, and someone the whole world hated, they welcomed him and supported him 100%.

With that backdrop in mind... it helps me be more understanding of the critical response to LeBron's choice and the decision by many Heat fans to cheer against him. I still say that those fans are falling into the trap of becoming exactly the type of fan they've hated and railed against for the past 4 years... but I understand it better.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing on the relationship between Heat fans and LeBron ... I think most Heat fans feel like they carried a burden for LeBron. While the rest of the NBA world was hating and criticizing him... they were defending him and praising him.

There's little doubt that LeBron gave 100% of his effort on the court for the full 4 years and performed very well. He gave his all. But what I was overlooking, maybe, was that Heat fans feel like they gave him their all for 4 years to. Even though he was someone they hadn't particularly liked, and someone the whole world hated, they welcomed him and supported him 100%.

With that backdrop in mind... it helps me be more understanding of the critical response to LeBron's choice and the decision by many Heat fans to cheer against him. I still say that those fans are falling into the trap of becoming exactly the type of fan they've hated and railed against for the past 4 years... but I understand it better.

Totally different mindset.

We will root against him for multiple reasons.

1. We still want to win. We are a top 2 best run team in the NBA. We have before, and can win without James. Cavs became fish out of water. It was pathetic to watch the dysfunction.

2. He had no BASKETBALL related reason to leave. I'm not saying he has to have one, but he is a basketball player. I understand basketball $$$ is secondary. It is what it is.

3. I don't know anyone who believes the homesick story as THE REASON he had to leave. Just tell us the truth. Nobody from the Heat ever lied to him. Give them the same courtesy and respect.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Totally different mindset.

We will root against him for multiple reasons.

1. We still want to win. We are a top 2 best run team in the NBA. We have before, and can win without James. Cavs became fish out of water. It was pathetic to watch the dysfunction.

2. He had no BASKETBALL related reason to leave. I'm not saying he has to have one, but he is a basketball player. I understand basketball $$$ is secondary. It is what it is.

3. I don't know anyone who believes the homesick story as THE REASON he had to leave. Just tell us the truth. Nobody from the Heat ever lied to him. Give them the same courtesy and respect.

I totally get #1 and that's a great point.

I totally disagree with #3. Its been hashed and rehashed to death on this forum, so this'll probably be my last take on it:

Like every decision... there were multiple reasons he made it. IMO, His love for his hometown and his desire to go back there was absolutely one of the reasons, and likely the main reason. Of course there are other reasons. Its good for PR, good for business, and the Cavs basketball future looks decently bright. Without all of those factors... is the "homesick" reason, as you call it, enough for him to go? Probably not. But the presence of those side reasons doesn't make the primary reason untrue or insincere. If you take out that reason (Assume he doesn't love his hometown and has no desire to go back there) I can guarantee he doesn't go back/

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the cavs don't get kevin love and go into the season with the roster they have currently, I'd say they're 3-5 seed. With love I think they're a legit 1-2 seed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is Wade signing. Whats taking him so long.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the cavs don't get kevin love and go into the season with the roster they have currently, I'd say they're 3-5 seed. With love I think they're a legit 1-2 seed.

Cleveland has the best player in the game. They are 1-3 Seed. No way Cleveland is a 4-5 seed. Wouldn't shock me if they made it to the ECF this year.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

They are still behind Indy and Chicago, as currently constructed.

That changes if they land Love or Indy loses Lance.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is Wade signing. Whats taking him so long.

He wants more years and once they sign him they can only make limited moves.

It's easier to sign the complimentary pieces first and then exceed the cap, if necessary, with your own guys.

They couldn't do that with Bosh.

Too many other teams were breathing down their necks.

Wade's options are limited to get that kind of coin from another Team.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early but that's never stopped me before.

1-Chicago
2-Washington
3-Cleveland
4-Toronto
5-Indiana
6-Miami
7-Brooklyn
8-Atlanta