• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

East as of now...

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I rank the East...

1) Chicago
2) Indiana
3) Cleveland
4) Miami
5) Toronto
6) Washington
7) Charlotte
8) Atlanta

This is assuming Chicago lands another solid player and Rose stays relatively healthy.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATLANTA is way too low
They are my darkhorse to win the east outright.

Getting Horford back and Sefolosha were understated moves.

I suspect they will add one more relatively big free agent as they have cash.
If they can land DENG, they will no longer be only a darkhorse and true eastern top contender.

I love the HAWKS more than any other team to surprise in 2015.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Chicago
2) Indiana
3) Cleveland
4) Miami
5) Toronto
6) Washington
7) Charlotte
8) Atlanta

This is assuming Chicago lands another solid player and Rose stays relatively healthy.

Your top 3 are fine and probably right. But how in the world do you think Miami could be the 4 seed now? Also, you have New York completely missing the playoffs, assuming Melo returns and with Phil at the wheel?????

:noidea:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cleveland gets Love they are the 1 seed. I think i'd have Washington 4 and Atlanta 5

I also think Miami will be fighting for the 8th seed unless they make a big signing.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your top 3 are fine and probably right. But how in the world do you think Miami could be the 4 seed now? Also, you have New York completely missing the playoffs, assuming Melo returns and with Phil at the wheel?????

:noidea:

Knicks have garbage surrounding Melo. They didn't make it last year with him they won't make it next year with him.

Miami still has Wade and Bosh and will likely add another solid player like Deng and/or a few more good role players/depth to go with those two, McRoberts and Granger. With how weak the East is I'd be surprised if they weren't top 5 still.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cleveland gets Love they are the 1 seed. I think i'd have Washington 4 and Atlanta 5

"AS OF NOW" is the key part to my title. If ATL lands another solid FA then they'll be ranked higher for sure. Still waiting to see what WASH does with Ariza aka their SF position before putting them higher than MIA.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"AS OF NOW" is the key part to my title. If ATL lands another solid FA then they'll be ranked higher for sure. Still waiting to see what WASH does with Ariza aka their SF position before putting them higher than MIA.

Yet you said

"This is assuming Chicago lands another solid player and Rose stays relatively healthy".

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks have garbage surrounding Melo. They didn't make it last year with him they won't make it next year with him.

Miami still has Wade and Bosh and will likely add another solid player like Deng and/or a few more good role players/depth to go with those two, McRoberts and Granger. With how weak the East is I'd be surprised if they weren't top 5 still.

Really? :L

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the east, I think Miami can still win 50 games if they add some good role players to that team. If they were in the west, that team would struggle to win 35 games.

1) Chicago
2) Cleveland
3) Indiana
4) Atlanta
5) Miami
6) Toronto
7) Washington
8) Charlotte

Last edited by a moderator:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta is better than an 8 seed right now.
They were injured last year...and not necessarily a bad team.
Even still, they were a dangerous 8 seed who already added Sefolosha and get Horford back.

I think they will end up with Luol Deng.

Teague, Sefolosha, Deng, Milsap, Horford is a scary good lineup that should win 52-56 games.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta is better than an 8 seed right now.
They were injured last year...and not necessarily a bad team.
Even still, they were a dangerous 8 seed who already added Sefolosha and get Horford back.

I think they will end up with Luol Deng.

Teague, Sefolosha, Deng, Milsap, Horford is a scary good lineup that should win 52-56 games.

If Horford can stay healthy and they add Deng then I agree they'll be scary good... but both of those things remain to be seen. No way they'd win 56 games with that team though... that's a 46-50 win team at best. Even in the East. Making the 8 seed in the East is not an accomplishment. They would've been the what... 11th or 12th seed in the West?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you said

"This is assuming Chicago lands another solid player and Rose stays relatively healthy".

Well, now you're just being picky. They have been linked to quite a few players so I'd find it hard to see them striking out on everyone and I like the McDermott pick. Assuming Rose stays healthy is because as of now... he is healthy. So that part goes with what my title said. AS OF NOW. :suds:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is too high. They won't won't make the playoffs. Just to remind all folks on Earth that God hates Cleveland, Lebron will tear his ACL and MCL in November, recently traded for Kevin Love will get into a fight with Kyrie Irving and will leave after the end of the season, and Gilbert will rehire Mike Brown for the hell of it.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is too high. They won't won't make the playoffs. Just to remind all folks on Earth that God hates Cleveland, Lebron will tear his ACL and MCL in November, recently traded for Kevin Love will get into a fight with Kyrie Irving and will leave after the end of the season, and Gilbert will rehire Mike Brown for the hell of it.

If this happens, you & I are going to spend a week in Vegas together next summer.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. They have Bosh, was that difficult to read?

Really? K? I've been on golf course all day and catching up as I go. Just typed in Bosh and it shows he is still planning on signing with Houston. Am I missing something? If so, then you're right and my bad.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Chicago
2) Indiana
3) Cleveland
4) Miami
5) Toronto
6) Washington
7) Charlotte
8) Atlanta

Really, 1-6 is a total crapshoot right now. I think you could make a case for any of the following teams as the number 1 seed in the East depending on injuries and how they complete their rosters.

Chicago
Indiana
Cleveland
Washington
Atlanta
Miami

Toronto
Somebody- NJ, NY, CHA,

The East is very weak, but surprisingly deep. Not much separates any of these teams at the moment.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, 1-6 is a total crapshoot right now. I think you could make a case for any of the following teams as the number 1 seed in the East depending on injuries and how they complete their rosters.

Chicago
Indiana
Cleveland
Washington
Atlanta
Miami

Toronto
Somebody- NJ, NY, CHA,

The East is very weak, but surprisingly deep. Not much separates any of these teams at the moment.

I agree, but I'm not on the ATL bandwagon just yet. I still think WASH, TOR and MIA are better than them. If they can get someone like Deng then that'll push them over the top of the top 6. Orlando is my sleeper team this year... they're probably a year or two away from making noise, but they've got quite a bit of talent and could surprise people this year.