• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Playoff predictions for 15-16

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got for each conference? Here's my way too early prediction.

East:
1) Cavs - Team to beat. They really started to click before the injuries in the post season. Going to be interesting to see how Love, Thompson, Mozgof and Vareajo all rotate. Still light on the wing.
2) Hawks - Losing Carroll hurts more than they think. They lost all steam going down the stretch in the playoffs. Really, they could be anywhere from 2-6 on this list.
3) Bulls - Have to see how team does under new coaching staff. Talent is still there, but hopefully the team won't be run into the ground come playoff time.
4) Heat - Nice core but Q's about health. Bosh will be coming back from his condition. McRoberts hasn't played in a year. Whiteside was great last year, but have to see if he can duplicate.
5) Bucks - Wild card team here. Lots to like, but have to see how consistent they can be. The way they defend will push them up the board. Being able to switch everything on defense will cause so many problems. I could see them being a Warriors type defensive team. (still weird to say that as a Warriors fan)
6) Wizards - Didn't really improve in the off-season. Losing Pierce and his leadership definitely hurts. From a talent standpoint they should be able to easily make the playoffs, but I don't expect a 2nd round appearance.
7) Hornets - Added some much needed shooting. They really will need some production from the 2 and the 4 this year in order to compete.
8) Raptors - Loaded with wings, but no bigs or depth on the front line.

Bubble team: Celtics. They have like 20 guards, and not nearly as talented as some other teams not listed above, but they compete. No give with them. Well coached.

West:
1) Thunder - They'll be out on a mission to show how healthy they are. Q's about new coaching staff though which everyone seems to forget about.
2) Warriors - Defending champs may come out a bit complacent. Overall team has its exact core back and will be able to still run and gun.
3) Spurs - Could easily be #1 based on talent, but I have them at 4 because Pop couldn't care less about the regular season. He'll sacrifice a bunch of games this year to preserve Duncan, Parker and Ginobili.
4) Rockets - Thought it really hurt them to have DMo and Beverly hurt last year in the playoffs. Another strong year from Harden and Howard could have them at 4.
5) Mavs - I think they're gonna take a while to mesh. Added Matthews and Parsons will be healthy. Problem now is Jordan wants touches as the main option. Who gets less? And who's gonna be the PG to tell them no?
6) Clippers - CP3 and Blake alone should be able to help you coast to the 6th spot. Glaring holes at the 5 and bench depth.
7) Pelicans - Anthony Davis under Alvin Gentry is gonna put up ridiculous numbers. I absolutely can't wait to watch him play next year. From a talent standpoint I think the Pelicans have a nice group, they just need someone to get them playing in the right direction.
8) Grizzlies - Whoa. Can't believe I have them here, but the West is just going to be an absolute crapshoot. They could also just as easily be #4.

Bubble Team: Utah Jazz. Their defense is no joke. They really came on towards the end of the year. If they can just get halfway decent play from their PG position, they could make some noise.

Fire away.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a Jazz fan, props. We were good enough to get noticed, but couldn't say we're good enough to be predicted to be in the playoffs this year. We are internally developing, so I think the next year is our push for 7-8, then 5-6, and then, given our youth and front office, 1-7 should be an annual thing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West:
1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Rockets
4. Thunder
5. Grizzlies
6. Clippers
7. Unibrows
8. Mavs

Just missing: Suns

East:
1. Cavs
2. Heat
3. Hawks
4. Raptors
5. Bucks
6. Bulls
7. Wizards
8. Totally Doesn't matter

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year should be really interesting. There will be 3 legit Super teams coming into the year (Warriors, Spurs and Cavs) and they'll get everyone's best game every single night. Next year is also the defining year of Durant's career.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder were and are a super team if Durant is back to his old self, no team has 2 players of their caliber. I agree it's going to be very interesting though.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder were and are a super team if Durant is back to his old self, no team has 2 players of their caliber.
I think thats the expectation for a lot of people who follow basketball closely. I think the Thunder are one of the...lets say 6 teams that can win it all next year if everything breaks right and they are certainly must see TV if they are healthy. By all accounts, Durant should be the MVP frontrunner next year.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about another MVP for Durant, Westbrook established himself last season. I don't see it happening next season.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East:
1. Cavaliers
2. Bulls
3. Raptors
4. Hawks
5. Wizards
6. Heat
7. Bucks
8. Pacers

In: Heat, Pacers
Out: Nets, Celtics

West:
1. Warriors
2. Thunder
3. Spurs
4. Rockets
5. Clippers
6. Mavs
7. Grizzlies
8. Jazz

In: Thunder, Jazz
Out: Pelicans, Trailblazers

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6) Wizards - Didn't really improve in the off-season. Losing Pierce and his leadership definitely hurts. From a talent standpoint they should be able to easily make the playoffs, but I don't expect a 2nd round appearance.

Don't be so sure. The Pierce that played in the playoffs wasn't the Pierce that was around in the regular season. They added some pretty good supporting players in Gary Neal and Jared Dudley, finally giving them some bench help. And with Otto Porter looking like he's figured the NBA game out late last season, I don't expect much if any drop off from them. Wall is already a star and if Beal can stay healthy all year, they can easily be a Top 4 team in the East and wouldn't be surprised if they get to the ECF

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West-
1. Spurs
2. Warriors
3. Thunder
4. Grizzlies
5. Rockets
6. Pelicans
7. Clippers
8. Jazz
9. Mavs
10. Suns

East-
1. Cavs
2. Bulls
3. Heat
4. Hawks
5. Bucks
6. Raptors
7. Wizards
8. Celtics
9. Pacers
10. Nets

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah went 15-30 against teams over .500 last year while going 23-14 against the bad teams. I could see them making a leap in the East but I dont think they are quite ready to make the jump into the playoffs in the West unless a couple of potential contenders fall apart

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since seeds don't really matter to me, I'll just show my WCF, ECF and Finals predictin for next year's playoffs.

ECF: Cavs vs Heat (can be Bulls)
WCF: Spurs vs GSW (can be Clips)
Finals: Spurs vs Cavs

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East:
1-Cavaliers
2-Hawks
3-Bucks
4-Wizards
5-Bulls
6-Heat
7-Raptors
8-Pacers

West:
1-Thunder
2-Warriors
3-Spurs
4-Rockets
5-Grizzlies
6-Clippers
7-Hornets
8-Mavericks

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so sure. The Pierce that played in the playoffs wasn't the Pierce that was around in the regular season. They added some pretty good supporting players in Gary Neal and Jared Dudley, finally giving them some bench help. And with Otto Porter looking like he's figured the NBA game out late last season, I don't expect much if any drop off from them. Wall is already a star and if Beal can stay healthy all year, they can easily be a Top 4 team in the East and wouldn't be surprised if they get to the ECF

Wizards or Bulls to play Cavs in ECF, if they stay healthy.

I would say Bucks but I need a sample size and they are so young.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards or Bulls to play Cavs in ECF, if they stay healthy.

I would say Bucks but I need a sample size and they are so young.
Imo the only team that has a snowballs chance of anything in the East against the Cavs is a healthy Heat team. I'm also not fully sure a healthy Heat team is even possible but none of the other rosters have even remotely as much talent as the Cavs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo the only team that has a snowballs chance of anything in the East against the Cavs is a healthy Heat team. I'm also not fully sure a healthy Heat team is even possible but none of the other rosters have even remotely as much talent as the Cavs.

Yeah, but they are depending on a lot of if's as well. Of course, a lot of other teams are too.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SuperSonics all the way

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but they are depending on a lot of if's as well. Of course, a lot of other teams are too.
I'd agree. The Cavs strengths are being able to guard the 3, make a lot of 3s and they have Lebron for elite help D, great fast breaks and clutch shooting.

To compete with that ideally you need guys who can create their own shot, a '3 and D' player to play against Lebron, a PG who doesn't turn the ball over and a superstar who can end games. How many teams out East have that?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly I believe the only team that can knock off the Cavs in the East would be the Bucks.

STOP THROWING THINGS AT ME.

I believe most of what happens in the playoffs come down to two things: Health and Matchups.

The Bucks would cause a matchup nightmare for the Cavs. Defensively, the Bucks could trot out a huge lineup, including their 6'6" PG. Defensively they could switch everything, which negates a lot of the mismatches the Cavs feed off of in their pick and rolls. Their length and athleticism would allow them to recover and also help push pace.

Offensively is where they would likely face their biggest challenge. But if you're able to hold the other team down, you're always going to have a shot to win the game. Monroe and Parker would help ease some of that scoring load in the half court.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Booker will guide the Suns to the postseason.

jk we're getting a 10 seed and another mid first round pick :/