• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early impressions of the Bears from the genius...you're welcome

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get both sides of the argument Cali. But the part of MF not taking hits will prolong his time in the league. If we do trade him I want to see him behind that Dallas Oline. But I want him to retire a Bear. You can't always do the smart thing sometimes you have to have a heart.

I disagree wholeheartedly. You have to have a heart when you're a high school football coach. In the NFL, there are people paid millions to make the right decision, not think emotionally. Then you have NFL football players who are paid millions to deal with those decisions, and be a professional.

You make the decision that makes your franchise better. Not the one that makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, on which specific plays should Clausen have targeted which specific receiver from yesteday. Be specific with your examples. You're a genius, this should be easy.

You're the same douche back in the espn forums where you made me go back play for play of Chris Conte sucking right? Now i know who i am dealing with. A class A fool who's in love with Clausen. Don't worry he'll be gone soon enough and so will your memory of this conversation.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the entire history of the NFL, there has never been a RB that escaped the "all RBs decline seriously by the time they turn 32" rule. Not even one. Maybe Matt Forte will be the first ever. But odds are that he won't, and he turns 31 middle of the next season.

He is worth a lot right now to an actual contender. He is more or less a waste on our team. For his sake, and for the Bears sake, the best thing that could happen is an injury to a star RB on a contender before the trade deadline.

Excellent answer. Now you're speaking like me.

The odds are this team will not turn it around until atleast 3 years. And the odds are Forte will not be effective then either. You have to trade him now. This is a no brainer actually and not even worth debating any further. Only the clueless will argue this. Forte will be traded.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not apposed to moving some older key players that are not going to be around when the team is good in a few years. Forte is one of them... But it would be really hard to watch him play elsewhere. (though I think we could survive with RB's on team)

The flip side of trading away some of these guys is counting on new inexperienced players to excel by themselves. This comes back the question... can a rookie WR develop when a rookie QB is trying to develop too? Can a Rookie DB develop when the DL isn't good...etc.

I go back to David Carr... I liked him, thought he had some talent to excel, but as an expansion team he played behind a weak OLine that couldn't give him time to develop and progress. Would he be different if he was drafted by a different team?
This is my caution of complete rebuild mode.

And multiple 6th round picks can be trade up to get 4th rounders... or flip that and do what Carolina and NE just did and trade for a LB/DL that is sitting on a 4-3 team.

Omg. You have got to be kidding me. The answer to the bolded question is YES. That's what coaches are for. The best coaches in any sport were usually not the best players. Hence you don't need great players to teach young players. Talent always bubbles to the top. Always.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say TEACH you dumbass... What I'm saying is that...in my example... HOW IS a Young WR (Kevin White) going to progress and mature in the offense if he's playing with (rookie QB) who misses reads, misses hot routes, is tentative on throws? OR the flip- how is a Rookie QB to learn when his rookie WR runs the wrong routes or misses hot reads...etc.
MY FEAR in those examples is that neither improves or becomes labeled early and isn't given the proper time or experience to go through growing pains.

MY POINT...dumbass, is the need to have a mix of vets and inexperienced players working together so they can become functional. Everyone says amazing players like Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady make people around them BETTER, so isn't the opposite logical to say- Bad players make others around them bad!

I've always believed that where guys are drafted matters more then almost anything... Be it a teammate that brings out something in them, a coaching staff that get's them, time to learn...etc.
You want names? Sure...
Steve Young- started in Tampa Bay... Does he become a HOF if he stays there?
Drew Brees- started in San Diego... they drafted his replacement... does he become a HOF caliber QB?
Brett Favre- Atlanta... HOF?

AND what about our difference makers?
We will NEVER know...but
Does Tom Brady become Tom Brady if he's drafted by Cleveland in the 2nd round and plays day one?

How about Rodgers... what if he WAS the #1 pick instead of Alex Smith... and plays for 5 different OC's in 5 years and had what? 3 head coaches? Nolan, Singletary, Harbaugh.

BSG please don't do say, "are you kidding me" again.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox said he is not trading Forte. He cancelled the trade to the cowpie's. Good call BS, at least your name fits.

lol.

1. It was a rumor and nothing has been confirmed.
2. We still have plenty of time to trade him.

Keep the dumb going noon. We need your stupidity to balance out my genius.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say TEACH you dumbass... What I'm saying is that...in my example... HOW IS a Young WR (Kevin White) going to progress and mature in the offense if he's playing with (rookie QB) who misses reads, misses hot routes, is tentative on throws? OR the flip- how is a Rookie QB to learn when his rookie WR runs the wrong routes or misses hot reads...etc.
MY FEAR in those examples is that neither improves or becomes labeled early and isn't given the proper time or experience to go through growing pains.

MY POINT...dumbass, is the need to have a mix of vets and inexperienced players working together so they can become functional. Everyone says amazing players like Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady make people around them BETTER, so isn't the opposite logical to say- Bad players make others around them bad!

You're just a complete moron.

OMG it's so freaking hard! How in the world will Kevin White progress with another rookie QB? OMG so freaking hard! They progress together you dingbat with good coaching. Is this concept so alien to you? How in the world do college QBs and WRs progress w/out a 10 year vet in the mix? OMG so freaking hard. Oh yeah that's college and it's different in the NFL! Ever hear of the fab five? How in the world did those kids do it? Oh yeah that's just college basketball so it doesn't count!

This whole idea of you need to have a mix in BS. It appears that way because it's impossible to have a roster full over only vets/only rookies so naturally everyone thinks this is mandatory. Talent rises to the top, always and good coaching is all you need.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not apposed to moving some older key players that are not going to be around when the team is good in a few years. Forte is one of them... But it would be really hard to watch him play elsewhere. (though I think we could survive with RB's on team)

The flip side of trading away some of these guys is counting on new inexperienced players to excel by themselves. This comes back the question... can a rookie WR develop when a rookie QB is trying to develop too? Can a Rookie DB develop when the DL isn't good...etc.

I go back to David Carr... I liked him, thought he had some talent to excel, but as an expansion team he played behind a weak OLine that couldn't give him time to develop and progress. Would he be different if he was drafted by a different team?
This is my caution of complete rebuild mode.

And multiple 6th round picks can be trade up to get 4th rounders... or flip that and do what Carolina and NE just did and trade for a LB/DL that is sitting on a 4-3 team.

I agree with your rebuilding points. You guys need to do it and should have done it after Lovie was fired. I think that front office thought much like they did Lovie's last year or two that signing a free agent or two would be the cure when it wasn't. I love your coach hire and his staff hirings and you have a young GM that on paper gets it and by the moves this week shows its a true rebuild. Get it done because for the first time in a long time personally I feel your team is headed the right way

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world will Kevin White progress with another rookie QB? They progress together with good coaching. How do college QBs and WRs progress w/out a 10 year vet in the mix? Oh yeah that's college and it's different in the NFL! Ever hear of the fab five? Oh yeah, that's just college basketball so it doesn't count?

This whole idea of you need to have a mix in BS. It appears that way because it's impossible to have a roster full over only vets/only rookies so naturally everyone thinks this is mandatory. Talent rises to the top, always and good coaching is all you need.
*I cleaned up your post for you...took out those "OMG it's so hard" comments and the smugness... you're welcome. This way I can try and have a conversation with a person... I'm gonna try at least.*

Nah, What you NEED is Talent. Good coaching helps... Talent wins out. To develop that talent- you need to have guys in position to succeed. Surrounding inexperience with experience will get them there faster.

The goal, is to get back to respectability quickly. And NOT have 3-5 years of crap and HOPE they progress. And HOPE the rookies you draft have it.
I'm against the complete rebuild. This isn't baseball... there isn't a minor league.

Okay...Fine... You take your rebuilt squad of all rookies at key positions VS my team with Jay Cutler throwing to Kevin White and a couple FA vets to fill the Dline/LB's as my rookie DB's learn for our 3-4 defense.... Tell me who wins Genius? Really I would like you to answer that. Who wins the game? Who wins more that season?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*I cleaned up your post for you...took out those "OMG it's so hard" comments and the smugness... you're welcome. This way I can try and have a conversation with a person... I'm gonna try at least.*

Nah, What you NEED is Talent. Good coaching helps... Talent wins out. To develop that talent- you need to have guys in position to succeed. Surrounding inexperience with experience will get them there faster.

The goal, is to get back to respectability quickly. And NOT have 3-5 years of crap and HOPE they progress. And HOPE the rookies you draft have it.
I'm against the complete rebuild. This isn't baseball... there isn't a minor league.

Okay...Fine... You take your rebuilt squad of all rookies at key positions VS my team with Jay Cutler throwing to Kevin White and a couple FA vets to fill the Dline/LB's as my rookie DB's learn for our 3-4 defense.... Tell me who wins Genius? Really I would like you to answer that. Who wins the game? Who wins more that season?

Really? You need talent? Mind blowingly insightful you are. All those idiots who claim you don't need talent please stand up...*crickets*

To develop that talent, you need good coaching but sometimes if the talent is that good, you don't even need the coaching. Surrounding inexperience with experience will get them there faster = made up bullshit. The coaching staff is made up ex players you know some of whom were great players. What you are proclaiming is just dumb.

I believe this team needs a full rebuild. And it starts with trading Forte. John Fox is a great coach with a great staff. If Pace drafts well we'll be back in 3 years. It all depends on Pace and the draft however. And you should draft from the inside out. Starting with the DLine/OLine. Don't even think about drafting anything outside of the lines until they are fully established.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You need talent? Mind blowingly insightful you are. All those idiots who claim you don't need talent please stand up...*crickets*

To develop that talent, you need good coaching but sometimes if the talent is that good, you don't even need the coaching. Surrounding inexperience with experience will get them there faster = made up bullshit. The coaching staff is made up ex players you know some of whom were great players. What you are proclaiming is just dumb.

I believe this team needs a full rebuild. And it starts with trading Forte. John Fox is a great coach with a great staff. If Pace drafts well we'll be back in 3 years. It all depends on Pace and the draft however. And you should draft from the inside out. Starting with the DLine/OLine. Don't even think about drafting anything outside of the lines until they are fully established.
What do you know... more smugness. And you didn't answer my question. Can you?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you know... more smugness. And you didn't answer my question. Can you?

I ignored your stupid question because i gave you the benefit of the doubt thinking you were being rhetorical. I see now you are indeed as stupid as you appear. I ignored your hypothetical question because it's impossible to answer unless you are God. Now, do you have any real relevant more compelling questions for me or are you going to ask me who will win in a fight Batman vs Spiderman, next?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ignored your stupid question because i gave you the benefit of the doubt thinking you were being rhetorical. I see now you are indeed as stupid as you appear. I ignored your hypothetical question because it's impossible to answer unless you are God. Now, do you have any real relevant more compelling questions for me or are you going to ask me who will win in a fight Batman vs Spiderman, next?
This is WHOLE conversation is hypothetical... So I gave you a hypothetical question.
I thought you were a genius? No?
Nah... you just don't like the answer...*tell me why? Why would you not like the answer to that?

Your team of rookies in key positions VS my team of vets and rookies... Who wins? It's a simple question.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is WHOLE conversation is hypothetical... So I gave you a hypothetical question.
I thought you were a genius? No?
Nah... you just don't like the answer...*tell me why? Why would you not like the answer to that?

Your team of rookies in key positions VS my team of vets and rookies... Who wins? It's a simple question.

There's a difference between sharing ideas on best way of rebuilding a team vs "who wins if i do this and you do this". I don't know the answer to your stupid question because

a. I have no idea who these supposed rookies are or their talent level.
b. Which vets you have and their talent level.
c. I am not God, even though you may believe i am.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiderman would win. I know I know bats eat spiders but I got a feeling on this one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.

Keep the dumb going noon. We need your stupidity to balance out my genius.
I often tell random people at bus stops that noon and BS stands for sult and pepper. Me being sult because it's easier to spell.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference between sharing ideas on best way of rebuilding a team vs "who wins if i do this and you do this". I don't know the answer to your stupid question because

a. I have no idea who these supposed rookies are or their talent level.
b. Which vets you have and their talent level.
c. I am not God, even though you may believe i am.
So... be the genius you say you are...
a. Take any 2016 rookie QB you want. You PICK. Be my guest! I'll take Jay Cutler and K. White with zero experience
b. The current Chicago Bears. Plus (again I'll even let you pick my rookies! Genius?)
c. Yes... you are in fact not a god. Hey you got one right! good job!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree wholeheartedly. You have to have a heart when you're a high school football coach. In the NFL, there are people paid millions to make the right decision, not think emotionally. Then you have NFL football players who are paid millions to deal with those decisions, and be a professional.

You make the decision that makes your franchise better. Not the one that makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Sometimes the best thing for a franchise is to have some heart and loyalty towards players that have earned it. It shows other players coming in that loyalty and hard work are recognized by the owners. This only applies to a very small number of special players. I think Forte should retire a Bear. If we could get a 1 or 2 or even a 3 rd pick that is one thing. But to not let him retire a Bear for a lousy 5th or 6th rd pick is borderline criminal and sends a negative message about this franchise.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've always believed that where guys are drafted matters more then almost anything... Be it a teammate that brings out something in them, a coaching staff that get's them, time to learn...etc.
You want names? Sure...
Steve Young- started in Tampa Bay... Does he become a HOF if he stays there?
Drew Brees- started in San Diego... they drafted his replacement... does he become a HOF caliber QB?
Brett Favre- Atlanta... HOF?

AND what about our difference makers?
We will NEVER know...but
Does Tom Brady become Tom Brady if he's drafted by Cleveland in the 2nd round and plays day one?

How about Rodgers... what if he WAS the #1 pick instead of Alex Smith... and plays for 5 different OC's in 5 years and had what? 3 head coaches? Nolan, Singletary, Harbaugh.

BSG please don't do say, "are you kidding me" again.

If Rodgers is drafted by SF. I'd say that overwhelmingly, the odds are that they don't need to transition OC's 5 times.