• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Goose

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early goose season starts here tomorrow morning. There's something weird, and almost wrong about being out hunting in 90 degree weather, but I will be sitting in a ditch with a gun anyways.

I haven't been seeing too many geese or ducks around, but it should be picking up in a few weeks. Early goose is just a teaser, anyways... a way to leave you with blueballs before the real season opens up.

Anyone else into waterfowl?

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a decent amount of geese, a couple of knucklehead hunters came charging into the lake well after sunrise, threw their boat into the water, and tried to paddle up to a nice sized flock of geese and shoot them. Somehow, the geese saw them coming and took off. Fucking dumbasses. Otherwise, we saw a decent amount considering it was early season, but didn't get any good shots. It didn't help that my buddy didn't bring the decoys. I'll be going back out Monday.

Saw a shitton of wood ducks, a good 200 came swarming into the lake from the woods in about a half hour period, then probably saw another 50 come in during a half hour after that. Then they were buzzing all over the lake all day. If we could shoot, we would have bagged our limit in about five minutes.