• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Enrolees and odds of true freshman on the field this fall?

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw on the WaPo website that Donaldven, JC, and Dewayne Alford are taking classes and will be taking part in winter workouts and spring practice. I'm glad to see the Hokies get the early lockdown on 2 of the top guys from this 2012 class. So what do some of the expert posters here think of the odds of JC and Donaldven hitting the field this fall? Even a dummy like me expects them to dress barring injury; I think Frank has seen what happens with elite players like Vick and Ryan Williams leaving after redshirt+2.

Any projections on the impact these guys will make? JC's obviously got a chance to play early but Manning has Fuller and Bonner in front of him and another 4* corner in Jarrett who dressed and played in 5 games this year. I guess it is wait and see what they do in the spring game.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw on the WaPo website that Donaldven, JC, and Dewayne Alford are taking classes and will be taking part in winter workouts and spring practice. I'm glad to see the Hokies get the early lockdown on 2 of the top guys from this 2012 class. So what do some of the expert posters here think of the odds of JC and Donaldven hitting the field this fall? Even a dummy like me expects them to dress barring injury; I think Frank has seen what happens with elite players like Vick and Ryan Williams leaving after redshirt+2.

Any projections on the impact these guys will make? JC's obviously got a chance to play early but Manning has Fuller and Bonner in front of him and another 4* corner in Jarrett who dressed and played in 5 games this year. I guess it is wait and see what they do in the spring game.

I, personally, think JC will probably serve a purpose kind of similar to what Wilson served his early years at tech. Change of pace back, slide him out wide, and get him some garbage duty to get his feet wet. I think Manning has a good shot as well at playing time. He and James Farrow will probably be fighting over the 4th CB spot. Alford will almost certainly be redshirting.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a great chance that Coleman gets SIGNIFICANT playing time this year (not necessarily in mop up duty)and will not be surprised at all if he ends up being #2 behind Holmes. Sorry for Gregory but I think his days may be numbered in the 2 deep.

I would expect Manning and Alford to both red-shirt..

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a great chance that Coleman gets SIGNIFICANT playing time this year (not necessarily in mop up duty)and will not be surprised at all if he ends up being #2 behind Holmes. Sorry for Gregory but I think his days may be numbered in the 2 deep.

I would expect Manning and Alford to both red-shirt..

What he said. JC will likely see a good bit of time but there are a couple good corners ahead of Manning

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning will play this year. Fuller and Bonner/Jarrett will be the starters. Farrow and Manning will compete for playing time but both will play, is my best guess.

Coleman will play a lot this year. 100+ carries would be my guess.