• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Earl Thomas Won't Report to Camp Until He Gets a New Contract; "Done" with the Seahawks

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's taboo to question Belichick, but IMO NE wins that game if Butler plays. Dumb move. Cut him the next day if you want to send a message, but in the SB I'm playing him.

Yeah plus his play vs Seattle wins the SB. Bill's D gives up 75 yards on 3 plays after getting a 4 point lead late in game before the pick at the goalline Belichick has a short memory.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BB screwed up as well.
But...
None of us know what Butler did to get benched. It was obviously something BB probably made a point of contention from day 1? Whatever it was Butler deserves at least, if not more then 50% of the blame. Butler broke some rule. He let his team down as well.
BB as much of an ego maniac as he is I don't think is vindictive enough to lose a SB because of some minor issue.

It will be interesting to see how Butler does in Tenn with Vrabel? If you recall Butler was an UDFA. NE gave him his shot when no one else was going to.

You have a valid point. I guess it would have to be a major infraction for BB to bounce you out of the SB. It'll be interesting somewhere down the road if any of the players will tell the story of what happened cause we won't hear it from BB or Butler.

Butler is talented so I think he'll do fine in Tenn. I think his SB winning int went to his head by demanding/wanting a pay raise and not getting one kind of messed with his head and his game. We'll see a much better Butler this year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a valid point. I guess it would have to be a major infraction for BB to bounce you out of the SB. It'll be interesting somewhere down the road if any of the players will tell the story of what happened cause we won't hear it from BB or Butler.

Butler is talented so I think he'll do fine in Tenn. I think his SB winning int went to his head by demanding/wanting a pay raise and not getting one kind of messed with his head and his game. We'll see a much better Butler this year.

Players may not know the story? Could've been one of the security guards saw him do whatever at whatever time...then he was magically sick...or his doctors note didn't add up? Probably lied to Bill and Bill caught him. I could see it under a scenario like that? Had he been honest maybe he doesn't play the 1st half? It's not as if BB hasn't benched better talented players (Wes Welker) during a playoff game.

I watch all of NEs games. Sorry Butler is not that good. He was getting burnt all year. Was it a big head issue? He was coached up for that Seattle goal line play. Not like he came up with it all on his own. They worked on it repeatedly during the week. Each time he got burned. Luckily in the SB he made the play.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players may not know the story? Could've been one of the security guards saw him do whatever at whatever time...then he was magically sick...or his doctors note didn't add up? Probably lied to Bill and Bill caught him. I could see it under a scenario like that? Had he been honest maybe he doesn't play the 1st half? It's not as if BB hasn't benched better talented players (Wes Welker) during a playoff game.

I watch all of NEs games. Sorry Butler is not that good. He was getting burnt all year. Was it a big head issue? He was coached up for that Seattle goal line play. Not like he came up with it all on his own. They worked on it repeatedly during the week. Each time he got burned. Luckily in the SB he made the play.

Why is it I don't remember Welker getting benched. I agree last season his play wasn't very good, I think his ego/wanting a new contract got to him.
Honestly if I fucked up and had to answer to BB, I would fess up cause that death stare could turn you to stone.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it I don't remember Welker getting benched. I agree last season his play wasn't very good, I think his ego/wanting a new contract got to him.
Honestly if I fucked up and had to answer to BB, I would fess up cause that death stare could turn you to stone.
Probably for one of the funniest things I have ever heard a player come up with. The dude should've went into comedy with the way he delivered that.

Wes Welker Benched For Opening Series Of Patriots-Jets Game | HuffPost

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad. I'm also happy that when I'm not cracking you up I'm able to educate you and the others.

I started calling this demise right after the SB (you won). So yes now I'm basking in the glory and loving every minute of it. The only thing better would be a 4-12 season from them this year.

No that's not a prediction only a hope. Hey we can all hope can't we?

So many stupid hijacking troll posts in this thread from NWPF. Couldn't even choose one to respond to. Nothing new though as he just keeps up the same whiny rhetoric that he has been spewing for years. It is just sad and repetitive at this point.

So he lives in the PNW, the Seahawks win a SB, and he suddenly has to take some crap from the locals. What a surprise!!!

You could take any NFL area in the area and insert whatever name in the blank and the scenario would be the exact same. Take a Dallas or Skins fan and stick them in Philly last year, or imagine a poor die-hard Jets fan living in the Boston area. All fans in similar scenarios have to deal with taking crap from the local fans, particularly when the team is successful.

So the Seahawks are a bit down from their peak of a few years ago, and you run around bragging about how you predicted it. WTF?!? This is the NFL. Teams are up and down ALL OF THE TIME! Just because you happen to root for a team that is the only extended example of success in the recent salary cap era means that this is the way things operate. In fact, I will predict now that the Patriots will have a downtime in the next few years. When this happens I will make dozens and dozens of posts telling everyone how the Pats fan base is obnoxious and is now going to fail, how the organization is self-imploding, etc. etc.
Of course the point is you can say this exact team that has any modicum of success. Their fan base will expand, some people will talk trash, at some point they will need to rebuild, and the fan base will decrease somewhat.

You are not some sort of angelic Nostradamus figure for your "taking a stand against obnoxious Seahawk fans". You are only a guy gloating on a message board and taking credit for an inevitability. Get over it already and enjoy the Pats successes instead of worrying about other teams and their fan bases. Or you could move out of the NW so you don't have to deal with the 12s?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rushing attack and offensive line weren't at their 2016 levels which probably was the biggest factor in his regression. Still not a good sign and it's the same reason I wouldn't crown a guy like Goff yet either because Gurley took a ton of pressure off of him.

You would like to see a QB be able to take over games on his own and not need a rely on an effective rushing game to be effective at QB but I'd still say he still has time to get his feet under and take steps forward but he's gotta start showing something soon or he'll be stuck firmly in that not great but solid starter category of QBs.

Good points ....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sophomore slump for a QB who was seen as project. If both of his seasons were equal to 17 he'd be seen as a draft steal. If hes somewhere in between hes definitely a steal.

Admit it, you miss Tony! Confess it! :D

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many stupid hijacking troll posts in this thread from NWPF. Couldn't even choose one to respond to. Nothing new though as he just keeps up the same whiny rhetoric that he has been spewing for years. It is just sad and repetitive at this point.

So he lives in the PNW, the Seahawks win a SB, and he suddenly has to take some crap from the locals. What a surprise!!!

You could take any NFL area in the area and insert whatever name in the blank and the scenario would be the exact same. Take a Dallas or Skins fan and stick them in Philly last year, or imagine a poor die-hard Jets fan living in the Boston area. All fans in similar scenarios have to deal with taking crap from the local fans, particularly when the team is successful.

So the Seahawks are a bit down from their peak of a few years ago, and you run around bragging about how you predicted it. WTF?!? This is the NFL. Teams are up and down ALL OF THE TIME! Just because you happen to root for a team that is the only extended example of success in the recent salary cap era means that this is the way things operate. In fact, I will predict now that the Patriots will have a downtime in the next few years. When this happens I will make dozens and dozens of posts telling everyone how the Pats fan base is obnoxious and is now going to fail, how the organization is self-imploding, etc. etc.
Of course the point is you can say this exact team that has any modicum of success. Their fan base will expand, some people will talk trash, at some point they will need to rebuild, and the fan base will decrease somewhat.

You are not some sort of angelic Nostradamus figure for your "taking a stand against obnoxious Seahawk fans". You are only a guy gloating on a message board and taking credit for an inevitability. Get over it already and enjoy the Pats successes instead of worrying about other teams and their fan bases. Or you could move out of the NW so you don't have to deal with the 12s?
Need a tissue? After that I do.
This is a sports board. Most sports fans talk shit. If you don't like it I hear there is an impressive sewing forum ------->

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a tissue? After that I do.
This is a sports board. Most sports fans talk shit. If you don't like it I hear there is an impressive sewing forum ------->

Your crybaby shtick was old and tired 3 or 4 years ago when you started these repetitive rants. Quit whining about how mean the big, bad Seahawk fans are to you and grow a set of balls already.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your crybaby shtick was old and tired 3 or 4 years ago when you started these repetitive rants. Quit whining about how mean the big, bad Seahawk fans are to you and grow a set of balls already.
OK I'll remind you again this is a sports board. It could be 20 years old the fact remains you're sniveling on a sports board.
"Big, bad Seahawks fans" is that a self imposed nickname?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I'll remind you again this is a sports board. It could be 20 years old the fact remains you're sniveling on a sports board.
"Big, bad Seahawks fans" is that a self imposed nickname?

Take a look in the mirror. You've been whining and crying like a little girl with a skinned knee about how much you hate the Seahawks and their fans for years now. Get the f over it already.