• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles win NFC East (?)...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I gave you numbers as to why your 75% is BULLSHIT.

And I explained why it was wrong. The ticket prices were the highest they’ve ever been at the time. The town was overrun with Eagle fans desperate for tickets. Let’s say you lived in Jacksonville and didn’t root for the Patriots or Eagles and knew you could get 10,000 for your tickets. You selling them or going to the game.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if this is a serious question, but I didn't see anyone say there weren't more Eagles fans than Pats fans. I read you (and maybe others) saying over 75%. So why would linking an article showing "greatly outnumber" which is a vague term that could be 60/40 prove that? Also the quote seemed to allude to the number of fans downtown, not at the actual game. I didn't see the "10-1" article.

I was shocked there weren't more Eagles fans at Met Life this weekend. It sounded like less opposing fans than at an average Giants/Cowboys fan and this was for all the marbles and Philly is so close. I had assumed Eagles fans traveled better than that.

Im sure this weekend was lack of interest being a mediocre team. A lot of Eagle fans gave up on this team after the dreadful Dolphins loss.
I don’t think 60/40 would persuade anyone to write “Philly fans greatly outnumbered Pats fans”. 60-40 wouldn’t even be noticeable nor would it start chants of, “Home Game”.

Do appreciate you not calling me a liar. Manster is taking the word of a guy who claimed he went to every SB, a Rhodes scholar, professional and division 1 athlete, 5 black belts, millionaire, under par golfer, multiple mansions, 365 pound bench pressing, worlds greatest better over me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure this weekend was lack of interest being a mediocre team. A lot of Eagle fans gave up on this team after the dreadful Dolphins loss.
I don’t think 60/40 would persuade anyone to write “Philly fans greatly outnumbered Pats fans”. 60-40 wouldn’t even be noticeable nor would it start chants of, “Home Game”.

Do appreciate you not calling me a liar. Manster is taking the word of a guy who claimed he went to every SB, a Rhodes scholar, professional and division 1 athlete, 5 black belts, millionaire, under par golfer, multiple mansions, 365 pound bench pressing, worlds greatest better over me.
For the record I'm pretty much going to agree with anyone that has 5 black belts out of self preservation...:suds:

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah and the reason why is the price of SB tickets spiked substantially for that SB. DblDown said this already. He paid $2500 for 1 ticket the year before and $4000 for the Eagles/Pats. Eagle fans swarmed the city looking for tickets and the price absolutely skyrocketed. Not many people gonna pass up 8,000 to 10,000 dollars for a pair of tickets as a neutral fan. I remember reading in the Philly papers the 2 weeks before the SB was the most mortgage loans processed in our countries history over a short period as Eagle fans were trying to get money for the game and the loan spike was in the SE Pennsylvania area. I paid $7000 for two mediocre upper level.l
seats.
Also remember tons of people prepaying for tickets to be picked up in Jacksonville and got burned by ticket brokers cause the prices skyrocketed as the week went on.

Also, the year before was Carolina. Not as big a fan base as philly. That was another reason tickets were “only” 2500 apiece there.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bwhahaha. You don’t appreciate being called a liar?!?!? Hello pot... meet kettle. Oh, and when did I ever claim to be a lot of that stuff??

You’ve finally lost you’re marbles.

I guess me actually posting pictures FROM the last super bowl, showing you my ticket, giving you the back story of how I got the ticket, etc wasn’t enough “proof” for you that I was at the actual game?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if this is a serious question, but I didn't see anyone say there weren't more Eagles fans than Pats fans. I read you (and maybe others) saying over 75%. So why would linking an article showing "greatly outnumber" which is a vague term that could be 60/40 prove that? Also the quote seemed to allude to the number of fans downtown, not at the actual game. I didn't see the "10-1" article.

I was shocked there weren't more Eagles fans at Met Life this weekend. It sounded like less opposing fans than at an average Giants/Cowboys fan and this was for all the marbles and Philly is so close. I had assumed Eagles fans traveled better than that.

Dude are you kidding me! There was a whole section of 4 shouting “home game” my god people make up the craziest shit, it gets my panties so wadded up! Amirite pe1?

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats. You get to keep your underachieving coach and overpaid QB. This should help us get rid of our coach and get a more realistic deal with Dak.

I see Cooper being gone unless he realizes he ain't worth Julio money, and Jerry may actually spend in free agency this year to get DB's.

But congrats on losing next week.

This may be the most absurd analysis I've ever seen or heard.

Let’s check the record for Doug Pederson.

4 seasons, 3 playoff appearances
Won the Super Bowl in his second season
38-26 in the regular season, 4-1 in the playoffs
NFC East champ with a roster filled with practice squad players

After next weekend, he will have coached in more playoff games than Jason Garrett during his 10-year tenure as the Cowboys HC, and Doug of course already has twice as many playoff wins.

But please tell me how he’s underachieved.

that's gotta be the resume of an underachieving coach. I love when the Cowboys are mediocre. Gives their fans a little glimmer of hope, only to have to retreat to the basement to watch a VHS of when they were truly relevant.

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, to call Doug Pederson an "underachieving" coach just doesn't make much sense.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I explained why it was wrong. The ticket prices were the highest they’ve ever been at the time. The town was overrun with Eagle fans desperate for tickets. Let’s say you lived in Jacksonville and didn’t root for the Patriots or Eagles and knew you could get 10,000 for your tickets. You selling them or going to the game.

No you didn't. You tossed unsubstantiated BS against the wall.
I've been scouring photos of SB XXXIX. Although it's hard to really determine what fan base had more fans there's easily as much red and blue compared to green. If you look for yourself you'll see there in more NON team colors than there is of the two teams playing. Hence what I said earlier, there were probably more neutral fans than there were of either Eagles or Pats. As for you Home Game chant it's quite possible a number of fans near where you were sitting were yelling it, but I don't think it was echoed throughout the stadium as you state.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the point spread? We can do an avi bet if you want. How long do we need to hold onto the avi? Start of next football season... Sept 2020 sound fair?

Edit: It’s Eagles plus 1.5. We can skip the point spread. Avi change til Sept 2020 sound good?

No point spread. avatar doesn't start until after the Super Bowl (I have another bet with @knowyourenemy and you can't disappear for 8 months. You also have to bet your 3000 vCash

Are you both mental? Not only has he been paid but he hasn't given me any avatar to wear.

I'm getting sick and tired of your excuses...why aren't you wearing your avatar?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No point spread. avatar doesn't start until after the Super Bowl (I have another bet with @knowyourenemy and you can't disappear for 8 months. You also have to bet your 3000 vCash

I'm getting sick and tired of your excuses...why aren't you wearing your avatar?

Because you haven't given me an avatar to wear. I don't know if you have a legitimate mental disability or what but I'm absolutely doing no sort of bets with you in the future with all the crying you have been doing.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, I sat in the club the year before in Houston and paid 2500. Almost double just one year later was tough to swallow but I’m glad I did it.

I had to stay in GA. No rooms in Jax. I didn’t arrive for the game until earlier in the day. I walked around, bought souvenirs and went to the game. I didn’t party in JAX. That was due to the fact that I went with my girl at the Time. Previous SBs I went with buddy’s and partied. After the game I drove back to GA.

That's excellent! One day down the line I would like to attend a SB. My wife at the time and I had a chance to tailgate at Metlife for the Seahawks SB but our son was only 5 months old and we felt bad having someone in the family watch both kids during the biggest game of the year.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you didn't. You tossed unsubstantiated BS against the wall.
I've been scouring photos of SB XXXIX. Although it's hard to really determine what fan base had more fans there's easily as much red and blue compared to green. If you look for yourself you'll see there in more NON team colors than there is of the two teams playing. Hence what I said earlier, there were probably more neutral fans than there were of either Eagles or Pats. As for you Home Game chant it's quite possible a number of fans near where you were sitting were yelling it, but I don't think it was echoed throughout the stadium as you state.

why would we fucking chant that if it wasn’t a tremendous difference. 10-1 Eagles fans outside the game but 50-50 inside. Suuuuuure bro

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He more of an overachieving coach.

He sure is this year with the entire team hurt. What he and Wentz did over the last month can definitely be called overachieving.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond all the SportsHoopla, this is good chance for Wentz to prove he is PO material.