• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles still at it, Sign Steve Smith

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to one year deal even though he's probably out until mid-season.

Eagles signed WR Steve Smith, formerly of the Giants, to a one-year contract.
Prevailing opinion had Smith likely to re-sign with the Giants, but their team doctors determined that his surgically repaired knee was too much of a medical risk. The Eagles' doctors are more optimistic, according to CSN Philly's Reuben Frank, and believe Smith could return by midseason. It's still not a good landing spot for fantasy value. A likely hobbled Smith won't beat out Jason Avant for the Eagles' slot receiver job, and he remains likely to open the season on the PUP list. Smith isn't worth a pick in fantasy drafts.
Related: Giants
Source: Reuben Frank on Twitter
Aug 10, 6:53 PM

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this will piss off Desean and he decides to sign with the Niners next year. *crosses fingers*

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
being they're a serious SB contender, it makes sense. they have to think 'now' as in this season.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
being they're a serious SB contender, it makes sense. they have to think 'now' as in this season.

If FA is any indication, it looks like it will be New England & Philadelphia meeting at Lucas Oil.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If FA is any indication, it looks like it will be New England & Philadelphia meeting at Lucas Oil.

I was thinking the same thing three days after the lockout was over. It went from looking like there wasn't going to be a season to not needing one. Of course, injuries play a huge factor every year, but both of those teams are stacked. My prediction at the beginning of the year will definitely be Patriots 34, Eagles 31. Premature?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ah the dreaded microfracture surgery. This'll be a good experiment to see how players who rely heavily on speed do with this kind of injury these days.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was thinking the same thing three days after the lockout was over. It went from looking like there wasn't going to be a season to not needing one. Of course, injuries play a huge factor every year, but both of those teams are stacked. My prediction at the beginning of the year will definitely be Patriots 34, Eagles 31. Premature?

That's funny and so true! I would like to know how the lines have change at Vegas since the start of FA.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ah the dreaded microfracture surgery. This'll be a good experiment to see how players who rely heavily on speed do with this kind of injury these days.

Ahh, just another player who will be sitting out every pre-season for the rest of their career. BUT, have no fear, they will be ready to go by the first regular season game.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now this one I don't get

Steve Smith was a better option for the long term because he won't play much this year.

Yet they only signed him to a one year deal.

I guess they hope they can resign him if he does well after coming back from the surgery.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't think anyone would sign a guy coming off that surgery to a long term deal. It can be a career killer.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Eagles keep Asomugha, Samuel, and DRC... it's theirs. In this NFL, with so many multi-WR sets, the Eagles are going to look like genius' for shutting down the Packers and Saints offense's, when more than a few of their key 3rd downs come by exploiting mismatches that their 3rd WR creates against weaker DBs.

New England? Well, Tom Brady will probably make them favorites until he retires. That'd be funny if they have a T.O. and Ocho reunion. If they could handle Randy, they can deal with T.O.

The question is, can that Patriots fan handle living with Ocho and TO

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Eagles keep Asomugha, Samuel, and DRC... it's theirs. In this NFL, with so many multi-WR sets, the Eagles are going to look like genius' for shutting down the Packers and Saints offense's, when more than a few of their key 3rd downs come by exploiting mismatches that their 3rd WR creates against weaker DBs.

New England? Well, Tom Brady will probably make them favorites until he retires. That'd be funny if they have a T.O. and Ocho reunion. If they could handle Randy, they can deal with T.O.

The question is, can that Patriots fan handle living with Ocho and TO

Yep, you get it. I love watching teams (the elite ones) make moves designed specifically to match-up against certain teams whether it is a divisional rival or an expected playoff opponent. Whereas, for the teams that are rebuilding or are in transition, the strategy is noticeably different.

As for your TO Ocho question, my guess is, if the fans can smell a ring...