• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles - Panthers Game Thread

G

greenwing

But I get it... Chip stinks, Chip is responsible for all the WR's dropping balls, Chip is responsible for the Chiefs widely overpaying for Maclin...

No chip is responsible for the putrid shit we have at WR right now and we would be better off overpaying Maclin at this time because he has half the production of all our WR's and that's fucking pathetic.

Maclin- 39 531 13.6 1
PHI - 91 1,034 12.2 5

Philadelphia Eagles Are Missing Jeremy Maclin in a Big Way | Bleacher Report

Do you enjoy kissing chips ass?

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chip is responsible for the putrid shit we have at WR right now and we would be better off overpaying Maclin at this time because he has half the production of all our WR's and that's fucking pathetic.

Maclin- 39 531 13.6 1
PHI - 91 1,034 12.2 5

Philadelphia Eagles Are Missing Jeremy Maclin in a Big Way | Bleacher Report

Do you enjoy kissing chips ass?

Funny.

When Maclin left the vast majority agreed that (a) Maclin was overpaid and not worth the $ 13 million a year he got from KC, and (b) that yes - losing Maclin hurt - but that collectively the WR/RB/TE's should be able to compensate for the loss of Maclin, or at least most of it. Especially after Agholor was drafted.

Funny how arguing from hindsight works.

And no - I am not kissing Chip's behind by any stretch of non-delusional imagination. Merely pointing out how things stood when the decisions were made. Can you argue they were the wrong one? Fine. But please stop the rampant hypocrisy as if anybody did expect this, or could reasonably have expected this.

If we had known in March what we would know now, then yeah, things would have been a whole lot different.

O yeah - notice that the same article points out how signing a WR for big money after one season in Chip Kelly's offense has come back to haunt the team - Riley Cooper - and how that might have factored in in not being willing to pay Maclin top 5 WR money. Apart from the fact that the money was needed elsewhere (secondary anyone?).

Last edited:
G

greenwing

Funny.

When Maclin left the vast majority agreed that (a) Maclin was overpaid and not worth the $ 13 million a year he got from KC,

Funny i was not one of those peope and its 11 million not 13. We offered 10.

losing Maclin hurt - but that collectively the WR/RB/TE's should be able to compensate for the loss of Maclin, or at least most of it. Especially after Agholor was drafted.

Except they are not compensating . What they are doing is dropping everything. Its funny cause I remember saying I don't entirely feel confident with this WR core after we let Jamc walk. I had high hopes for Nelson Agholor but even he has come up short. Jordan Mathews has been a compete waste of space

And no - I am not kissing Chip's behind by any stretch of non-delusional imagination. Merely pointing out how things stood when the decisions were made. Can you argue they were the wrong one? Fine. But please stop the rampant hypocrisy as if anybody did expect this, or could reasonably have expected this.

What are you talking about? A lot of us disliked Chips off-season moves myself included. I was furious when we didnt resign Jmac. You are not getting it. This is about Chip the GM failing.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what made it seem like too much money for Maclin is the guaranteed money. He got a really good deal with $22.6 mil in guaranteed money. That money puts him in the Top 6 as far as guarantees go. His entire deal puts him in the Top 10 as far as average salary goes.

Maclin carries a $12.4 mil cap hit in 2016 and 2017. Cap hit is $13.4 in 2018 and 2019. He can't be cut because to do so would be killer to the Chiefs cap.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except they are not compensating . What they are doing is dropping everything. Its funny cause I remember saying I don't entirely feel confident with this WR core after we let Jamc walk. I had high hopes for Nelson Agholor but even he has come up short. Jordan Mathews has been a compete waste of space

That they are not compensating is obvious. But if you believed it to be this bad you are a genious. The vast majority thought some hit would be taken, but not that it would be this atrocious. And no reasonable person could have expected that.

What are you talking about? A lot of us disliked Chips off-season moves myself included. I was furious when we didnt resign Jmac. You are not getting it. This is about Chip the GM failing.

A lot were sceptical about various moves; but for most letting Maclin go was at the bottom of the grievances.

Pointing out the mistakes of Chip the GM is especially easy in hindsight - which is what is done a lot. For every single one of his moves there is a reasonable explanation, and every single one of his moves other than perhaps the cutting of Mathis had every potential to work out neutral or positive, based on the info available at the time the decision was made.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big thing about Maclin is that he has good hands. That said, it was too much $$. Chip just needs to get more playmakers. With all due respect to Wings - Huff disappoints too much. He could stay as the #1 KR (or replace him with Barner), and 5th WR, but we need some more speed and good hands receivers. J.Matthews and Agholor stay, but the rest should be cut after this season.

Chip, the GM, has his work cut out for him this coming offseason. After 2016, there will be no more excuses.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big thing about Maclin is that he has good hands. That said, it was too much $$. Chip just needs to get more playmakers. With all due respect to Wings - Huff disappoints too much. He could stay as the #1 KR (or replace him with Barner), and 5th WR, but we need some more speed and good hands receivers. J.Matthews and Agholor stay, but the rest should be cut after this season.

Chip, the GM, has his work cut out for him this coming offseason. After 2016, there will be no more excuses.

Yup even knowing what our receivers are doing now I would not give Maclin that much guaranteed money.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like it.

Needs so far:

1) O-line
2) O-line
3) O-line

4) WR
5) QB

IIRC there were quite a few who figures the rebuild after the house cleaning would cost 2 seasons or so.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this Maclin talk is assuming that Maclin wanted to sign back with Philly
He is from Missouri and drafted by Reid coach of the Chiefs

Maybe he wanted to go back home to the coach that drafted him while getting paid a good chunk of money
Maybe even if Eagles offered more money he would have stil signed with KC :noidea:

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this Maclin talk is assuming that Maclin wanted to sign back with Philly
He is from Missouri and drafted by Reid coach of the Chiefs

Maybe he wanted to go back home to the coach that drafted him while getting paid a good chunk of money
Maybe even if Eagles offered more money he would have stil signed with KC :noidea:

Maclin himself stated that if not for the $$$ offered by KC he would have stayed in Philadelphia. The guaranteed amount of money was simply too much to pass up for him.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guaranteed amount of money was simply too much to pass up for him.

Can't blame him for that either. The Chiefs were so desperate for a receiver they would have sold their soul. They went an entire season without a receiver scoring a TD and this year I think they still have only 1 which is Maclin's only TD.

PhillyJoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Mathews has lost all confidence since that Atlanta game where it bounced off his hands and ended the game.

If not for that I don't think he would be as bad as he's been, it might just take him the whole year to work out that kink. I say this because I don't remember him being nearly as bad last year (or in college) with dropping easy passes.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Mathews has lost all confidence since that Atlanta game where it bounced off his hands and ended the game.

If not for that I don't think he would be as bad as he's been, it might just take him the whole year to work out that kink. I say this because I don't remember him being nearly as bad last year (or in college) with dropping easy passes.
As much as I am disappointed in Mathews, I still think he will become a star at some point in this league. Like you said, it's probably a confidence thing now and who knows if he will come out? The bottom line is this entire team is bad across the board. There is plenty of blame to go around. And let's be honest with ourselves, what is the expectation for this team this point moving forward? Chip needs to hit the draft big this offseason. OL will be huge. The only QB coming out that looks promissing is Goff from Cal. I can't think of anyone else?

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin himself stated that if not for the $$$ offered by KC he would have stayed in Philadelphia. The guaranteed amount of money was simply too much to pass up for him.

ok - I didn't realize he said that - thanks for the clarification

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin's lone TD this year came in absolute garbage time. Ditto his yardage ... most of it was in garbage time of 2 games where the Defenses were exchanging catches for clock. While Maclin's a better receiver than what we have, I don't think he's worth anywhere near what KC paid him. They are 2-5 and he hasn't made much of an impact there ... if they had to do it over again I highly doubt they would offer him that contract.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of that has to do with Alex Smith too though. The guy can only throw like 15 yards.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it is worth - allegedly Chip reported that Matthews pulled his groin some during the game - before his TD run, rested it some, felt it play up again during his TD run and was then kept out of the game (or limited use) afterwards buy Duce.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give him a 8 at least.....I think a 5 or 6 is low and can't seem to think of a series where he did anything wrong. No QB is going to be perfect. To expect that make you.....well and Eagles fan. :D We tend to expect our QB to break every NFL passing record.

I think he played very well. He had a TD where Mathews could not get both feet in but that was a really good through based on where the defense was. The pass to Ertz was a very good pass but the defender made an outstanding play. Can't blame him for that.

Then there were the drops. If the receivers were not dropping the ball they were not getting open.
I dont know what you're watching PG. Bradford has the worst numbers in the most meaningful categories in the league: 3rd downs, passes over 10 yards, QBR, completion %...

1 time the WRs have a putrid game.
6 times Bradford has played horribly. Lets not take the focus off Bradford just yet.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny.

When Maclin left the vast majority agreed that (a) Maclin was overpaid and not worth the $ 13 million a year he got from KC, and (b) that yes - losing Maclin hurt - but that collectively the WR/RB/TE's should be able to compensate for the loss of Maclin, or at least most of it. Especially after Agholor was drafted.

Funny how arguing from hindsight works.

If we had known in March what we would know now, then yeah, things would have been a whole lot different.

O yeah - notice that the same article points out how signing a WR for big money after one season in Chip Kelly's offense has come back to haunt the team - Riley Cooper - and how that might have factored in in not being willing to pay Maclin top 5 WR money. Apart from the fact that the money was needed elsewhere (secondary anyone?).
How the fuck do you compare Reily Cooper to Jeremy Maclin?

"Well we threw good money after a bad WR in Cooper, so we best not throw good money at a good WR!" FOH