• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles - Panthers Game Thread

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this game can you blame Bradford. There had to be 10 drops by our shitty wr's.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bradford.. 0 TD, 1 pick, 5 sacks, 197 yards, 4.5 avg, 58.6 rating. failed to connect with an open ertz for a TD. failed to lead huff.. who beat his defender.. for a TD. failed to hit matthews, forcing him to leap and only get one foot in before being pushed out.. for a TD.

na, no problem there at all.

Sorry, but you are an f-ing idiot:

The pick: STRAIGHT THROUGH THE HANDS OF MATTHEWS.
WR's: Not open.
Huff: drops a routine catch of the tipe that he is (a) supposed to make, and Carolina WR's routinely made.
Ertz - yes, could have gone deep, that said, CB made a brilliant defensive play.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville, Seattle, Oakland, Tampa Bay

Sorry, what?

There was talk about drafting a young QB to develop; who is out there?

I hope you're joking.........just stop

Apologies for not being blinded by hatred.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. At least the CFB season is still exciting. It will be 2 weeks for this team to regroup versus the Cowboys. If we lose that game, our season is over. They would have 2-3 games on us which would be tough to overcome. They will have Dez back for that game.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe chip the GM gave up a second and Foles for Bradford.

Yup... Because Foles has been doing sooooooooooooo much better (or did so last year). His play last season was as bad as Bradfords. And this season his numbers are little better.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 3-4 it is. Bradford played pretty well. The team is just BAD.
He played his best game no doubt. But that's not saying much. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give him a 5 or 6 tonight.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, what?

There was talk about drafting a young QB to develop; who is out there?

Apologies for not being blinded by hatred.

yeah, everyone hates Bradford. Its just hate...........nevermind FACTS that suggest he just isn't good

almost everyone and anyones reports about Bradford this season and in pregames say he is bad, so just stop

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sucks, I agree. He is not a starter at this level.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bradford.. 0 TD, 1 pick, 5 sacks, 197 yards, 4.5 avg, 58.6 rating. failed to connect with an open ertz for a TD. failed to lead huff.. who beat his defender.. for a TD. failed to hit matthews, forcing him to leap and only get one foot in before being pushed out.. for a TD.

na, no problem there at all.
He's getting better .
It's his knee.
He hasn't played in 2 years
He needs to play more.
He needs to get in a rhythm.
When you have an ACL THE 2nd year back is when you get good.
WRs dropped the ball/don't get open
demarco Murray isn't getting enough yards to open the passing game
Peters was hurt

I think I covered all the Bradford excuses

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, everyone hates Bradford. Its just hate...........nevermind FACTS that suggest he just isn't good

almost everyone and anyones reports about Bradford this season and in pregames say he is bad, so just stop

Blame him for last week's bad play, fine (and I fully agree).

But this week he was decent, and absolutely NOT the reason we lost tonight.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game wasn't too important in the big picture for the playoff race. It obviously isn't in the running for a bye, so winning the division is the only thing that matters. Need to win the remaining division games and we should be able to win the NFCE. Bradford is playing better and the receivers can't possibly remain this bad. If Peters is done, the team is clearly finished, but if he's back soon they'll be ok.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but you are an f-ing idiot:

The pick: STRAIGHT THROUGH THE HANDS OF MATTHEWS.
WR's: Not open.
Huff: drops a routine catch of the tipe that he is (a) supposed to make, and Carolina WR's routinely made.
Ertz - yes, could have gone deep, that said, CB made a brilliant defensive play.

listen you stupid fuck, for the last time.. THE RECEIVERS ARE NOTHING SPECIAL. get it through your fucking head. they aren't going to make circus catches, they aren't going to rip off one handers, they aren't going to consistenty dig slop out of the ground. on top of that, they are hurt and lacking depth. THEY NEED THE BALL TO BE ACCURATELY THROWN TO THEM WHEN THEY ARE OPEN.

matthews was streaking across the middle on a simple, short in-route. bradford threw it BEHIND him and he had to stretch back. the ball went off his hands and it was an INT. if the throw was accurate, which it easily should have been, it would have led him or drilled him in the numbers, resulting in a catch and some YAC. it was 100% bradford's fault for not making the proper throw to begin with.

anyone willing to blame a young, fairly inexperienced, non star talent receiver for getting open and failing to catch a poorly thrown ball is just a fucking moron, plain and simple. that falls squarely on the QB and his inability to handle his job.

bradford is garbage. his numbers reflect it, his throws reflect it, his mobility.. everything he does screams garbage. the offense did not magically forget how to play.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listen you stupid fuck, for the last time.. THE RECEIVERS ARE NOTHING SPECIAL. get it through your fucking head. they aren't going to make circus catches, they aren't going to rip off one handers, they aren't going to consistenty dig slop out of the ground. on top of that, they are hurt and lacking depth. THEY NEED THE BALL TO BE ACCURATELY THROWN TO THEM WHEN THEY ARE OPEN.

MR tard, Huff and Matthews did not need to make any circus catches. You are a f'ing loon if you think any of the Carolina WR's is anything special, or in any way better than what the Eagles fielded. Yet they made these same catches that in you in your stupidity deem too difficult to catch for a WR routinely tonight. Hell, in your opinion only HOF calibre WR's should be able to make back-shoulder pass catches. If the catch in the endzone dropped by Huff or the drop for an INT by Matthews are considered circus-catches in your opinion you are completely off your rocker.

matthews was streaking across the middle on a simple, short in-route. bradford threw it BEHIND him and he had to stretch back. the ball went off his hands and it was an INT. if the throw was accurate, which it easily should have been, it would have led him or drilled him in the numbers, resulting in a catch and some YAC. it was 100% bradford's fault for not making the proper throw to begin with.

And you blame me for looking for tenuous excuses. This defense of Matthews there is the biggest piece of BS out there. But then again - based on your position that is damned clear that he must have some very dirty pictures of you somewhere (and so every other WR).

anyone willing to blame a young, fairly inexperienced, non star talent receiver for getting open and failing to catch a poorly thrown ball is just a fucking moron, plain and simple. that falls squarely on the QB and his inability to handle his job.

Funny. I see Ike Reese doing so right now. I see Kelly actually doing so right now. I see just about every commentator out there blaming the WR's for these drops right now (Collinsworth, Phillyvoice, Philly.com, ESPN, BleedingGreenNation) - all authors that have been bashing Bradford left and right.

bradford is garbage. his numbers reflect it, his throws reflect it, his mobility.. everything he does screams garbage. the offense did not magically forget how to play.

In fact, it did - based on what they have shown so far.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sorely missed Agholor, Cooper (and dare I say Maclin) tonight. I likes what I saw out of the OL even without Peters and the Running Game was solid. Good overall game out of the defense. They played an undefeated team on the road and kept it interesting late in the 4th quarter. Would love to see them win this game as it would have kept the bye in play. As is, this is all about winning the division moving forward. The Dallas game is a must win from that perspective. Two weeks to prepare and get healthy.

G

greenwing

Yup... Because Foles has been doing sooooooooooooo much better (or did so last year). His play last season was as bad as Bradfords. And this season his numbers are little better.
He has half the turnovers Bradford does. But you're right they both suck only we gave up a second round pick. Nice try Homer

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start reading up on Jared Goff QB Cal.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bradford has sucked the majority of his injury plagued career. i'm tired of hearing excuses. oh, the receivers are dropping this, dropping that. no one would give a shit if we had a competent QB. why? because we'd be scoring in the high 20's, low 30's every single game and we'd have at least a 5-2 record right now. thus, those real, true drops would fall in line with the rest of the league.

instead, because bradford is so wild and slingin' bullshit all around, every drop is under the scope. if a receiver gets his hand on it at all, he's now expected to pull it in based on the fact bradford needs all the help he can. it's pathetic it's come to the point where you have to give him credit for just getting the ball out of his hand and near a receiver.

bradford's QBR is dead last in the league, at 29.6, over 8 points worse than the next guy. you have clowns that want to ride foles' performance last year. kid had a QBR of 73.8 in 2013 and 62.7 in 2014. those throws tonight.. ertz open in the endzone, matthews and huff in the back of the endzone.. foles/sanchez would have made at least 2 of the 3. bradford botched all 3.

i'm sick of hearing about the rest of the team. this scrub is running them into the ground. his gimpy ass needs to get hurt like always so a qualified QB can step in.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've called for Sanchez a few times this year as I simply don't think Bradford is anything but backup material after seeing him play this year. That said I thought he played his best game last night and good enough to win. Did he make a few bad throws? yes ... but there were also plenty of throws which were good enough for most receivers to reel in and ours literally dropped the ball. I don't know if it's a confidence thing, but Jordan Matthews has flat out sucked this year. It's sad when Miles Austin is your best receiver ... and he dropped a crucial ball last night as well. I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel this year ... uhhgghh.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bradford has sucked the majority of his injury plagued career. i'm tired of hearing excuses. oh, the receivers are dropping this, dropping that. no one would give a shit if we had a competent QB. why? because we'd be scoring in the high 20's, low 30's every single game and we'd have at least a 5-2 record right now. thus, those real, true drops would fall in line with the rest of the league.

instead, because bradford is so wild and slingin' bullshit all around, every drop is under the scope. if a receiver gets his hand on it at all, he's now expected to pull it in based on the fact bradford needs all the help he can. it's pathetic it's come to the point where you have to give him credit for just getting the ball out of his hand and near a receiver.

Funny. With very few exceptions - like Hayes - even consistent Bradford bashers are blaming this one on the WR's. And they are specifically mentioning Matthews INT drop and Huff's drop as atrocious, and balls that should have been caught despite being slightly off. Hell, Ike Reese was brutal last night on them. So is Jimmy Kempski, and he has been bashing Bradford hard this season. And even he is saying that Bradford is not to blame for this one.

And this is the biggest piece of absolute BS out there - and you know it. These drops are catches HS receivers were expected to make. Hell, when I played over here in the Netherlands and we would drop those kind of balls we would be yelled at by the coach. The WR's f-ing got two hands on it, it hit them in the arms and such. If these were such circus catches as you maintain, how the f-ing hell did the Carolina WR's catch these very same balls routinely? I see college WR's catch these balls routinely.

Hell, Mattews has come out stating he f-ed up. Austin has (and Kelly called him out), Ertz has done so.

These WR's are supposed to be among the best at their position in getting open and catch the ball. Among the 300 or so best in the world in this sport. Which means that they should be able to catch passes that are not pin-point accurate that they can still get BOTH their hands on most of the times.

bradford's QBR is dead last in the league, at 29.6, over 8 points worse than the next guy. you have clowns that want to ride foles' performance last year. kid had a QBR of 73.8 in 2013 and 62.7 in 2014. those throws tonight.. ertz open in the endzone, matthews and huff in the back of the endzone.. foles/sanchez would have made at least 2 of the 3. bradford botched all 3.

Funny;

Matthews - only place where the ball could have been put. Matthews was not able to haul it in, couldn't blame him too much for that one.

Ertz in endzone - great play by the DB. Could have gone over the top - probably indeed the better option - but somehow in these past weeks that does not seem to have worked too well either (Bradford short or overthrown, receivers not catching).

Huff in endzone - everybody but Hayes is pointing out it was a great throw. No different than a basic back shoulder catch. But I guess that only HOF level receivers can be expected to catch a backshoulder throw.

i'm sick of hearing about the rest of the team. this scrub is running them into the ground. his gimpy ass needs to get hurt like always so a qualified QB can step in.

Yup... So f-ed up that during the past week in press conferences Kelly and Shurmur specifically blamed the 2nd INT last week on Cooper, and the miss in the flat on the first play of the game on Sproles.

Last night Collisworth on the short hop to Austin specifically mentioned how it looked as if Austin turned the other way (BTW straight into coverage) of where Bradford seemed to think he would go on the option route.

I guess we can also blame Bradford for the bad/inconsistent performance of the O-line pass blocking and run blocking, and WR's running the wrong routes.

It says enough about your football (or any team sport) IQ and your blind hatred for Bradford. These balls could have hit the WR's in the facemask or straight in the numbers and been dropped, and you would still be blaming Bradford.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played his best game no doubt. But that's not saying much. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give him a 5 or 6 tonight.

I would give him a 8 at least.....I think a 5 or 6 is low and can't seem to think of a series where he did anything wrong. No QB is going to be perfect. To expect that make you.....well and Eagles fan. :D We tend to expect our QB to break every NFL passing record.

I think he played very well. He had a TD where Mathews could not get both feet in but that was a really good through based on where the defense was. The pass to Ertz was a very good pass but the defender made an outstanding play. Can't blame him for that.

Then there were the drops. If the receivers were not dropping the ball they were not getting open.