• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles fire sale in full effect!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but they gave up the 13th pick and 2 players to get that 8th.
The Murray trade was the sAmerican type of deal they traded Murray and swapped 4th round picks. Sliding back 5 spots and getting to NFL players was brilliant on the part of Miami.
All that to move up to 8 from 13 was too much.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same ones who are now calling Murray a bum.
Yep, last year they were trying to rub the Murray signing in our faces. Now 12 months later he sucks. I seriously question that fan bases IQ level.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those deals were more about salary dumps than anything. Moving up to #8 is a bonus. Maxwell was massively over paid, and so was Murray. It's just not wise to pay RB's that kind of money - we had this conversation on this board in depth during last off season. Murray, even if misused, did not look good last year, nor did Maxwell. Just having that money off the books is a big win for the Eagles, getting to move up 5 spots in the draft is a nice cherry on top.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but they gave up the 13th pick and 2 players to get that 8th.
The Murray trade was the sAmerican type of deal they traded Murray and swapped 4th round picks. Sliding back 5 spots and getting to NFL players was brilliant on the part of Miami.

I disagree tremendously. Philly made a huge mistake signing an average CB to huge money and they were dumber then the Eagles to take that insane contract on. Philly was just trying to dump those two players for nothing. I thought we might get a 7th not moving up 5 huge spots in the first round. If I wasn't on my phone I'd link the article that talks about Philly being lucky there are still stupid teams in the leage. I thought we'd have to give up the picks to let that horrific contract go. I was initially excited about the LBER but he was god awful this year. Worse than God awful

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those deals were more about salary dumps than anything. Moving up to #8 is a bonus. Maxwell was massively over paid, and so was Murray. It's just not wise to pay RB's that kind of money - we had this conversation on this board in depth during last off season. Murray, even if misused, did not look good last year, nor did Maxwell. Just having that money off the books is a big win for the Eagles, getting to move up 5 spots in the draft is a nice cherry on top.

Thank you for not letting your hate of the Eagles blind you. You are spot on. Miami and Tennessee are morons for bailing out Phillys mistakes... and reward them with a coveted pick.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, last year they were trying to rub the Murray signing in our faces. Now 12 months later he sucks. I seriously question that fan bases IQ level.

Of course we were excited. He was awesome the year before. The move didn't work at all and luckily Philly got bailed out for their bad signings. That has nothing to do with Philly fans IQ.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This^^^ Well said!

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just Maxwell and his bloated contract, it also includes Kiko Alonso and his very cheap contract.
How many here said signing Murray was a good move by Philly but not for the money they paid, at the same time how many Eagle fans insisted theone was no problem because they cut McCoy? As for Maxwell I remember plenty of fans saying the Eagles screwed up signing Maxwell because he was a product of the great players around him.in Seattle, and Eagle fans poo pooed all the distractors.
Chip let the Eagles get rapped last year and Eagle fans yes even you PE1 claimed I was a nimrod for saying so.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just Maxwell and his bloated contract, it also includes Kiko Alonso and his very cheap contract.
How many here said signing Murray was a good move by Philly but not for the money they paid, at the same time how many Eagle fans insisted theone was no problem because they cut McCoy? As for Maxwell I remember plenty of fans saying the Eagles screwed up signing Maxwell because he was a product of the great players around him.in Seattle, and Eagle fans poo pooed all the distractors.
Chip let the Eagles get rapped last year and Eagle fans yes even you PE1 claimed I was a nimrod for saying so.

Alonso is hurt a lot, and was not very good when on the field last year. No big loss there.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point to PE1 is I questioned these signings last year and Malkos response was to call me a nimrod.
And I'm sorry giving up your starting CB to move up five spots isn't a sure fire fix. The draft is a cap shoot, Maxwell although overpaid can play CB in the NFL. Besides look at his post I first responded too. "Holly Crap we did get the 8th pick" no mention of sending the 13th pick back. He probably thought the trade was two players for the pick. Yearly he posts shot on this board than back tracks when it called out. He back tracked when Jarntt poked him about the great Philly line by making lame as excuses.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point to PE1 is I questioned these signings last year and Malkos response was to call me a nimrod.
And I'm sorry giving up your starting CB to move up five spots isn't a sure fire fix. The draft is a cap shoot, Maxwell although overpaid can play CB in the NFL. Besides look at his post I first responded too. "Holly Crap we did get the 8th pick" no mention of sending the 13th pick back. He probably thought the trade was two players for the pick. Yearly he posts shot on this board than back tracks when it called out. He back tracked when Jarntt poked him about the great Philly line by making lame as excuses.

This is why I can't talk sports with you. I was never excited about giving Maxwell 60 million. It was a mistake and the Eagles were desperate to get out the contract. I said we moved up to 8, not getting the 8th pick in return

I didn't make an excuse towards Jarntt. He was right. Philly had a great OLINE and last year it broke down cause the 2 new Guards were awful. I thought they'd be ok but me and Jarntt had a PM conversation about how I was completely wrong about that.

So you're saying when we got Maxwell I was happy and you said it was a bad move and called you a nimrod. Simply not true. But you just said that Philly was stupid for signing him but now they let him go they are stupid again. See, you just refuse to be honest. The entire country is applauding Philly for getting out of 2 bad contracts.... except you.

Make up your mind. How can Philly be stupid for signing him, but now they get out of the deal they are stupid on that side.

Look at every other fan. Philly hustled the Titans and Miami. But everyone is wrong... except tou.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster 2015 "The Eagles are sooooooo stupid for giving a mediocre CB 60 million.

Manster 2016 "The Eagles are sooooooo stupid for dumping a good CB at 60 million

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And dumping Maxwell to move up 5 spots wasn't the intention. It was to dump his salary. Another Eagle fan posted one page one they are also swapping 1st round picks and I said there's no way Miami would do that after taking on that huge contract. I'm still shocked we got to slide up 5 spot. If I was the GM I wouldn't have asked for anything outside of taking that bloated salary off the books.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster 2015 "The Eagles are sooooooo stupid for giving a mediocre CB 60 million.

Manster 2016 "The Eagles are sooooooo stupid for dumping a good CB at 60 million
Do you understand that Maxwell will have costo the Eagles 22M for one season of play? Two wrongs don't make a right.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you understand that Maxwell will have costo the Eagles 22M for one season of play? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Yeah but that's in the past. What does that matter?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has any Eagles site or blog tracked the happenings of the personnel moves over the last 3 years? What Philly gave up and gained since Chips first offseason until last nights moves? I’d like to see the progression, like for example the Shady deal. Gave him up to Buffalo for what? I know Kiko was part of that, but was there anything else? Now that Kiko is gone, I’d say they gave up McCoy for a partial season of Kiko and not much else. Djax, Shady, Maclin, Foles, Mathis all traded or cut. Wonder what the results are as far as picks they got back(trade or comp), players, contracts, etc.

Seems like on the face of it all that Chip just decimated the organization. Looks like he set it back a decade by getting rid of some really good players, and I remember hearing about “what good is 10 wins every season”.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeMarco is bouncing off the walls with euphoric glee to be out of Philly.

I wonder why? :scratch: