• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles fire sale in full effect!

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking love it! Hahaha

Seriously, I think 75% of the football world predicted this would happen a year ago. So I guess it's not surprising, but damn if it isn't funny.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we all know the NFCEast, and the NFL for that matter, is a year to year thing. Maybe Pederson is a good coach that gets young guys in and to buy in. having zero expectations for yourself can sometimes be a freeing thing and lead to better results than what the paper says.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their fans are now saying we dont need murry. The same ones saying how dallas was stupid for letting him go lol

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their fans are now saying we dont need murry. The same ones saying how dallas was stupid for letting him go lol

based on his production on their team, hard to argue they do need him. The odd part is I heard yesterday they were also shopping Ryan Matthews. So does that just leave Barner and Sproles if Matthews leaves as well? Barner, the epitome of Chips system is safe? How is that? I personally think Sproles should be their feature back, but I have no idea if Pederson wants that fancy wr/rb combo player. Thought he would want to keep a north south runner like Murray. :noidea:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on his production on their team, hard to argue they do need him. The odd part is I heard yesterday they were also shopping Ryan Matthews. So does that just leave Barner and Sproles if Matthews leaves as well? Barner, the epitome of Chips system is safe? How is that? I personally think Sproles should be their feature back, but I have no idea if Pederson wants that fancy wr/rb combo player. Thought he would want to keep a north south runner like Murray. :noidea:
I think Howie is trying to clean up the mess that Chipper created. How on earth did Howie convince the Titans to take on Demarco's contract is beyond me? Basically he has traded the garbage contracts that Chip created and still managed to get something in return. Furthermore, we now have plenty of cap to lock up Cox long term and grab a couple of FA. From what I understand on the Maxwell and Kiko deal, we essentially traded our 13th pick along with a 4th rounder and will move up to 8th spot. My gut is Howie will trade that to the Rams and we will get our 2nd back. We move to 15 and get a 2nd rounder and they will get there QB. Again, just my gut.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they take Maxwell horrific contract and let us slide up to 8 they are nuts. If that's true I'll be ecstatic but I doubt it. Philly has a looooong way to go but they just duped the Titans and Dolphins.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They could have a 25 year old Earl Campbell. Behind that terrible interior OLINE it wouldn't matter. But I agree, why get rid of Matews?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they take Maxwell horrific contract and let us slide up to 8 they are nuts. If that's true I'll be ecstatic but I doubt it. Philly has a looooong way to go but they just duped the Titans and Dolphins.

Very impressed with Roseman's work so far. He has accomplished A LOT in very short order. Can't believe he found takers for Murray and Maxwell, and actually got something in return. These moves will have Philly back in contention a lot sooner than originally seemed.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very impressed with Roseman's work so far. He has accomplished A LOT in very short order. Can't believe he found takers for Murray and Maxwell, and actually got something in return. These moves will have Philly back in contention a lot sooner than originally seemed.

They have added Leodis McKelvin as well, good pick up after Maxwell move

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wait I thought the Bills resigned McKelvin last night? I gotta drink coffee and go read up :)

And hearing now that Maxwell may be injured and cause the deal to fall through. Or Dolphins are having an Orioles like buyer remorse and looking for a sweeter deal.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have a 25 year old Earl Campbell. Behind that terrible interior OLINE it wouldn't matter. But I agree, why get rid of Matews?
Hmmm...I remember some threads talking about how great their OL was...:rolleyes2:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Maxwell was just an obvious horrible signing from day 1. Guy was OK in Sea because he had 3 All Pro surrounding him. That was an easy one to see coming...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did??? I always liked him. That is a good move depending on the terms. Did they announce contract details yet???

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait I thought the Bills resigned McKelvin last night? I gotta drink coffee and go read up :)

And hearing now that Maxwell may be injured and cause the deal to fall through. Or Dolphins are having an Orioles like buyer remorse and looking for a sweeter deal.

Albert Breer of NFL Media reports that the Dolphins and Eagles have officially closed the deal on the trade that will send CB Byron Maxwell and LB Kiko Alonso to Miami.

• According to Breer, the Dolphins and Eagles will swap their first-round picks as part of the trade involving Alonso and Maxwell.
  • This means the Eagles move up to No. 8 overall and the Dolphins drop down to No. 13.
———

Byron Maxwell‘s agent Alvin Keels announced via his Twitter account that the Dolphins have cleared his client medically and the trade will be put through.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did??? I always liked him. That is a good move depending on the terms. Did they announce contract details yet???

The Philadelphia Eagles have officially signed free agent cornerback Leodis McKelvin, according to an official announcement from the team. NFL insider Ian Rapoport reports the two-year contract is worth up to $6 million.

The Eagles hosted McKelvin, who was released by Buffalo late last week, for a visit at the NovaCare Complex in Philadelphia on Tuesday. The Cowboys were also reportedly interested in him but he clearly won't be visiting Dallas now. Here's what we wrote about the 30-year-old McKelvin earlier today.

"McKelvin was originally drafted by Buffalo with the No. 11 overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. In 98 career appearances with the Bills, McKelvin made 60 starts. He recorded 259 tackles, 13 interceptions, 65 passes defensed, four forced fumbles, and one defensive touchdown during that span.

McKelvin has an obvious connection to current Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz. The two spent time together in Buffalo during the 2014 season. McKelvin had a career-high four interceptions that year.

The Eagles needed to add a cornerback after trading Byron Maxwell to the Dolphins. It remains to be seen if the team views McKelvin as a starter or not. Philadelphia is still reportedly negotiating with Nolan Carroll, for what it's worth.

Overall, this looks like a nice, inexpensive deal for the Eagles. It gives the team more depth and experience in the secondary. McKelvin might be declining and he's dealt with some injury issues but he's also been a good player for most of his career. This seems like a good addition to Philadelphia's defense.

McKelvin's introductory press conference is scheduled for this evening at 5:30 PM ET.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone here was hoping for Daniels as a possible backup for Romo? Didn't go back and look for it though

ESPN’s Adam Schefter and Adam Caplan are reporting that the Eagles have reached an agreement in principle with QB Chase Daniel on a multi-year contract.

Yesterday, reports mentioned that the Eagles were the favorites to sign Daniels, even after re-signing QB Sam Bradford to a two-year contract.

Daniel immediately came up as a speculative option for the Eagles after they hired Doug Pederson as their head coach a few months ago.

Pederson later mentioned that he views Daniels as more than just a backup and someone who could be a starter, which is notable, considering that he worked as the Chiefs’ offensive coordinator the past few years.

Daniel, 29, wound up signing on with the Redskins as an undrafted free agent out of Missouri back in 2009. He later caught on with the Saints when they added him to their practice squad a few weeks into his rookie season. After four years in New Orleans, the Chiefs signed him to a three-year contract.

Over the course of his career, Daniel has thrown for 464 yards while completing 64.9 percent of his passes to go along with one touchdown and one interception.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...I remember some threads talking about how great their OL was...:rolleyes2:

Me too cause their OLINE was great until they replaced there Guards with two scrubs.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles still adding secondary.

Reports: Safety Rodney McLeod to sign 5-year, $37M deal with Eagles

By Jared Dubin | Staff Writer

March 9, 2016 3:46 pm ET

rodney-mcleod.jpg
Rodney McLeod is Philly-bound. (USATSI)

After spending much of the day Tuesday offloading salary in the form of DeMarco Murray, Byron Maxwell, and Kiko Alonso, the Philadelphia Eagles shelled out some cash on Wednesday afternoon. According to multiple reports, the Eagles will sign former Ramssafety Rodney McLeod to a five-year deal worth $37 million. The contract reportedly contains $17 million in guarantees.

See where Pete Prisco's Top 50 names go

Per Spotrac, the $37 million owed to McLeod makes him the fourth-highest paid safety in football, just ahead of new teammate Malcolm Jenkins, who signed a $35 million extension last month. The reported $7.4 million average annual value of McLeod's deal ranks sixth among safeties while the $17 million guarantee ranks fifth. He and Jenkins now form the highest-paid safety duo in the NFL, while his arrival likely means the departure of converted cornerback Walter Thurmond, who played safety next to Jenkins for last year's Eagles squad.

After going undrafted in 2012 out of the University of Virginia, McLeod signed with the Rams and has been with them ever since. He has not missed a game in his four NFL seasons and he has started each of the last 48 (i.e. the last three full years). In that time, he has 232 combined tackles and five interceptions, and he ranked 12th among safeties in Pro-Football-Reference's Approximate Value, an attempt to measure every player-season since 1950 with a single number.

With McLeod's departure, the Rams have now lost half their starting defensive backfield from last season. Earlier on Wednesday, cornerback Janoris Jenkins signed a five-year, $62 million contract with the New York Giants.

McLeod was not ranked among Pete Prisco's top 50 available free agents this offseason, but he is a good, young player likely still a year or two away from his prime (he won't turn 26 until this June). Here's what an NFC West scout told The Phildelphia Inquirer's Jeff McClane about McLeod:

The scout also added that McLeod is "tough as sh*t," which is an awesome thing to be when you're a person that hits other people for a living.

3103318.jpg

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap... the Eagles did get the Dolphins 8th pick in the first round. AWESOME!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap... the Eagles did get the Dolphins 8th pick in the first round. AWESOME!
Yes, but they gave up the 13th pick and 2 players to get that 8th.
The Murray trade was the sAmerican type of deal they traded Murray and swapped 4th round picks. Sliding back 5 spots and getting to NFL players was brilliant on the part of Miami.