• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Fans

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Phillys known to be a hostile environment, threw snowballs at santa and all that. But I thought they were pretty knowledgeable.

But yesterday they proved that not the case. About 7 minutes left in the fourth qtr, one of seattles corners goes down with an injury and the entire stadium is booing their heads off..... ahhh philly fans, Your team gained about 100 yards all game and held the ball for about 2 minutes. What in the world was Seattles D afraid of to a point their faking injuries? If anything Seattle wanted you to speed it up, so we could force another 3 and out and run the clock out.

Dumb dumb dumb

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, Seattle fans are incredibly bright, as evidenced by guys starting threads stereotyping entire fan bases.

If you watch the Eagles play regularly, you see a high incidence of players suddenly pulling up lame when the Eagles have the no huddle working and are moving downfield. It may not have been true this time, but that's why fans boo sometimes.

As for the Seahawks, Carroll clearly showed he is willing to pull those kind of stunts to slow the offense when he asked for a spot on what was clearly a Philly first down early in the game. It was like getting a free time out. Hopefully the league looks at that and tells refs not to give opposing coaches a spot when the ball's like a yard over the line.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...As for the Seahawks, Carroll clearly showed he is willing to pull those kind of stunts to slow the offense....

so that's how the Seahawks won!

(but seriously, i understand why your reply was bitchy. you were just responding in kind)

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Phillys known to be a hostile environment, threw snowballs at santa and all that. But I thought they were pretty knowledgeable.

But yesterday they proved that not the case. About 7 minutes left in the fourth qtr, one of seattles corners goes down with an injury and the entire stadium is booing their heads off..... ahhh philly fans, Your team gained about 100 yards all game and held the ball for about 2 minutes. What in the world was Seattles D afraid of to a point their faking injuries? If anything Seattle wanted you to speed it up, so we could force another 3 and out and run the clock out.

Dumb dumb dumb

that kind of shit is old news. they cheered when Michael Irvin was down on their field and his career was over.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dumb dumb dumb

Dude, the guy RAN off the field. Teams do that crap to the Eagles all the time. He wasn't hurt. Your team won so get over it.

that kind of shit is old news. they cheered when Michael Irvin was down on their field and his career was over.

At least you show you have no clue and only listen to ESPN. If you want, I'll educate what the truth is about that incident.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, the guy RAN off the field. Teams do that crap to the Eagles all the time. He wasn't hurt. Your team won so get over it.

At least you show you have no clue and only listen to ESPN. If you want, I'll educate what the truth is about that incident.

Last heard, possible broken hand.............but yeah we just needed a breather...... please

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so that's how the Seahawks won!

(but seriously, i understand why your reply was bitchy. you were just responding in kind)

I never suggested they won because of that. Just saying that opposing coaches and players DO make some questionable moves at times to try and slow down the offense, that's been shown. This, again, was likely not one of those times. If we're referring to the same incident, it looked like the DB may have dislocated or severely sprained a finger to me.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, Seattle fans are incredibly bright, as evidenced by guys starting threads stereotyping entire fan bases.

Let's be honest here. If there is any fanbase that is easily stereotyped, it's Philly. :D

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last heard, possible broken hand.............but yeah we just needed a breather...... please

OK, then I'll rephrase, He wasn't hurt enough to get off the field.

Like I said, we see that all the time with phantom injuries when the offense gets going, so when a guy runs off the field, how the hell do you expect the fans to know it's not faked?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit, with the demise of the 49ers, it's nice to see a new SportsHoopla rivalry brewing. :yahoo:

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't wait for the revisionist history on this one...

Should be right up there with "the moon landings were faked".

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit, with the demise of the 49ers, it's nice to see a new SportsHoopla rivalry brewing. :yahoo:

Seattle has a rivalry with everyone.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said, we see that all the time with phantom injuries when the offense gets going, so when a guy runs off the field, how the hell do you expect the fans to know it's not faked?

Which gets us back to my original point. How do I expect you to know its not fakes? Use your brain. Were you guys moving the ball so easily that seattle needed a breather? Heck no you had like 140 total yards all game!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has low-information fans on SH who seem to think they are personally tough because their team is tough, and of course their D is replete with players with big mouths and no class.

But I actually like watching them, and hope they repeat as champs. I have some family in eastern Washington, my wife is from there, and they are all huge Seahawks fans. I enjoyed watching them totally punk Peyton and the Broncos with a display of pure old-fashioned defensive prowess, surely much to Gooddell's frustration.They're clearly way better than the Eagles right now and it's not a rivalry.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never suggested they won because of that....

you weren't suggesting that he broke his hand to buy time for his team because seattle was struggling mightily, and that it was all carroll's design?

good!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I suggested either dumb stuff. What I said, not suggested, is that Carroll earlier in the game did pull some tricks to slow down the offense, so it's not as if Seattle is above using such things to its advantage when it can. I specifically said that the hand thing was probably not a fake injury, that it looked real at the time.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I suggested either dumb stuff. What I said, not suggested, is that Carroll earlier in the game did pull some tricks to slow down the offense, so it's not as if Seattle is above using such things to its advantage when it can. I specifically said that the hand thing was probably not a fake injury, that it looked real at the time.

lol

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're going to continue to see it.

When you run that style offense, exaggerated injuries from the opposing team are imminent. It's simple gamesmanship. It's no different than trying to run a hurry up offense after a questionable completion so the other team doesn't have time to look at the play and challenge it.

With that said, it was a real injury so i'm not sure what philly fans are trying to defend.

BTW- Is anyone surprised when threads like this are started? The OP is accurate in terms of the image of Eagle fans. I realize it's not all of them, but you don't get that reputation for nothing. Unfortunately for the level headed Eagle fans, it's the defining characteristic of the entire fan base and it will never change.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dumb dumb dumb
Philly and Seattle fans are the worst in the NFL. Just a fact.