• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Fans

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I suggested either dumb stuff. What I said, not suggested, is that Carroll earlier in the game did pull some tricks to slow down the offense, so it's not as if Seattle is above using such things to its advantage when it can. I specifically said that the hand thing was probably not a fake injury, that it looked real at the time.
Face it, your team got their butts kicked.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys fans are above the petty childishness of Philly and Seattle fans. We are a more sophisticated fan base.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G n G trolling another thread....

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys fans are above the petty childishness of Philly and Seattle fans. We are a more sophisticated fan base.

"above the petty childishness"

4094137-3693301794-TO-wi.gif

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to continue to see it.

When you run that style offense, exaggerated injuries from the opposing team are imminent. It's simple gamesmanship. It's no different than trying to run a hurry up offense after a questionable completion so the other team doesn't have time to look at the play and challenge it.

With that said, it was a real injury so i'm not sure what philly fans are trying to defend.

BTW- Is anyone surprised when threads like this are started? The OP is accurate in terms of the image of Eagle fans. I realize it's not all of them, but you don't get that reputation for nothing. Unfortunately for the level headed Eagle fans, it's the defining characteristic of the entire fan base and it will never change.

You kind of answered your own question here. Yes, we know it's gonna happen. We've seen it for 2 years now whenever our offense gets going to slow it down. They were coming off a big 1st down pass, trying to get their O going. All of a sudden there's an "injury" where the player runs off the field. What do you think the fans in the stands think? It's not like we have the benefit of an upclose HD replay to see it's a legit injury.

No one's defending anything except the obvious intent of the OP.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to continue to see it.

When you run that style offense, exaggerated injuries from the opposing team are imminent. It's simple gamesmanship. It's no different than trying to run a hurry up offense after a questionable completion so the other team doesn't have time to look at the play and challenge it.

With that said, it was a real injury so i'm not sure what philly fans are trying to defend.

BTW- Is anyone surprised when threads like this are started? The OP is accurate in terms of the image of Eagle fans. I realize it's not all of them, but you don't get that reputation for nothing. Unfortunately for the level headed Eagle fans, it's the defining characteristic of the entire fan base and it will never change.

Again, Scoobs proving a real value to this board. Spot on. You could also of pointed out I was probably rubbing in the fact that Phillys offense couldn't move the ball all game with pointing out the "why would we need to fake injuries" in my first post. But besides that. Spot on on all accounts.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Scoobs proving a real value to this board. Spot on. You could also of pointed out I was probably rubbing in the fact that Phillys offense couldn't move the ball all game with pointing out the "why would we need to fake injuries" in my first post. But besides that. Spot on on all accounts.

UMM, you do realize that what your complimenting him saying is basically the same thing we've said so far. Or was your only intent to rip Eagles fans?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMM, you do realize that what your complimenting him saying is basically the same thing we've said so far...

pretty sure scoobs didn't imply in any way that the seahawks were purposefully trying to employ gamesmanship to make the eags offense wait.

at least 1 fan in this thread didn't just imply it, they said it specifically.

leave the "we" out unless you're actually talking about everybody, please.

anyhoo, i like the eagles. when they have a good QB, watch out.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMM, you do realize that what your complimenting him saying is basically the same thing we've said so far. Or was your only intent to rip Eagles fans?

He is the first one that called the up tempo a gamesmanship/gimmick just as trying to slow down an uptempo by asking for a spot, or faking an injury is gamesmanship.

Again the first post, was me saying the eagles fans should be smart enough to realize that Seattle didn't need any gamesmanship yesterday cause they thoroughly shut down chippers offense. So when a player really gets hurt the entire stadium doesn't boo him.....

When they are running up and down the field on Dallas and they do it,,, sure boo. but when you have as many first downs as I have fingers on my right hand.... maybe hold back the booing.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the first one that called the up tempo a gamesmanship/gimmick just as trying to slow down an uptempo by asking for a spot, or faking an injury is gamesmanship.

Again the first post, was me saying the eagles fans should be smart enough to realize that Seattle didn't need any gamesmanship yesterday cause they thoroughly shut down chippers offense. So when a player really gets hurt the entire stadium doesn't boo him.....

When they are running up and down the field on Dallas and they do it,,, sure boo. but when you have as many first downs as I have fingers on my right hand.... maybe hold back the booing.

I have been calling it a gimmick from day one. I caught a lot of flack from Eagle fans for it even though its not meant as an insult. If it works, do it.

I am very skeptical about Kelly's offense in the NFL and if it will ever work against the elite teams. Sure it will rack up a lot of win's in the regular season, but come playoff time, i'm not so sure. Being an Arizonian, I have used the analogy that the Eagles offense reminds me of the Steve Nash Suns. Score in 10 seconds or less. The Suns would win 60 games every year, but when it came to the playoffs against the elite teams who played solid defense, they could never get over the hump.

Who knows, I have been wrong many times before and maybe the Eagles prove me wrong this year. I just don't see it.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit, with the demise of the 49ers, it's nice to see a new SportsHoopla rivalry brewing. :yahoo:

C'mon Hammer, you need 2 teams for a rivalry. Only one showed up yesterday lol. Well, Fletcher Cox was there, but that was about it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, most of the fans I've seen up here have stood up and owned their words after all the trash talk this week and have congratulated the Seahawks on their win. Most have said they got their asses handed to them and haven't been crying about anything. It's maybe 2-3 that seem to be in the crying baby mode? :noidea: And how many other fan bases up here with more than 10 posters doesn't have those odd balls? I know Seattle sure has a couple.

I mean it's fun to punk those cry babies, but I'm just making it clear that we do see the ones that are standing up and owning it and are giving them credit for it. Talk the talk, but if you can't walk the walk don't cry or make excuses. Own it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, the guy RAN off the field. Teams do that crap to the Eagles all the time. He wasn't hurt. Your team won so get over it.

At least you show you have no clue and only listen to ESPN. If you want, I'll educate what the truth is about that incident.

Don't do it. EKA has his own version of what happens on the field.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure love to follow me around the threads responding to my comments. Hero worship?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure love to follow me around the threads responding to my comments. Hero worship?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you repeat that please.