• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

E Sanders to Niners....

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmanuel Sanders and a DEN 5th rd pick for SF 3rd & 4th rd pick. I am so stoked despite the absence of mid round picks in the upcoming draft.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's basically just a 3rd because you have to figure the Broncos 5th isn't going to be far behind the 49ers 4th

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's basically just a 3rd because you have to figure the Broncos 5th isn't going to be far behind the 49ers 4th

gotta factor in the 2nd to KC for Ford as well as the 3rd & 4th

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't like it at all because it gives away TWO mid round picks. Not late picks but mid-round picks. The 5th is ok but it won't be that close to the 49ers 4th.

I take this to means Pettis wasn't even close to becoming a good NFL receiver, no potential. This also means Shannahan made another big error drafting Pettis so high.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like it at all because it gives away TWO mid round picks. Not late picks but mid-round picks. The 5th is ok but it won't be that close to the 49ers 4th.

I take this to means Pettis wasn't even close to becoming a good NFL receiver, no potential. This also means Shannahan made another big error drafting Pettis so high.

I've been off the Pettis bandwagon for a while. I'm not crazy about trading two pick one a third and a fourth but if the 49ers make the NFC championship game they will get a low pick in the 4th and it's likely the Broncos will be picking on the top 5 of every round.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if they aren't already 6-0 and looking like they have a shot this year then this trade likely doesn't happen.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also if they aren't already 6-0 and looking like they have a shot this year then this trade likely doesn't happen.

What happened to all the good Jordan Mathews talk? Is Sanders two mid round picks better than Jordan Mathews? Two mid-round picks better than Deebo?

If Deebo can't fill most of the WR role, why draft him in Round 2?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to all the good Jordan Mathews talk? Is Sanders two mid round picks better than Jordan Mathews? Two mid-round picks better than Deebo?

Apparently he is, He had three straight 1000 yard seasons but hasn't had that in two years but did have 800 plus yards last year before getting injured.

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. Yes, he is. Considering that Sanders has been a #1 and Mathews was just signed off the scrap heap...

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A plan for getting open mid to underneath routes and people getting more healthy! Backup TE cut, Hurd out, Pettis??, Slot injured, need 5 or 6 more catches a game!!:) Go 49ers!

Last edited:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Copy and paste from the general forum)

It's basically a 3rd rounder for Sanders.

The 4th pick for 5th pick is around 10 spots which can easily be made up.
I still don't really like it. From an immediate standpoint, SF just got better with a guy Shanahan really likes for his system. On the flip side is that I don't really like giving up a third rounder - now SF doesn't have a 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounder next year. Plus I believe it's really an indictment on SF's receiving corp. and how Shanahan either views the guys currently on the team or the availability of those on IR.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders is a baller. The man always gives 100% on the field and can be explosive. He routinely gives up his body for catches and can work from the slot or the sideline. He also avoids coach speak and is an honest communicator about what's going on in the locker room. Everyone in Broncos country is really bummed to see him go but we're happy that he's landed with a contender. The Elway to John Lynch connection continues to be alive and well.

Who knows how the draft picks pan out but you all have a legit receiver that will work hard and deliver results.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders is a baller. The man always gives 100% on the field and can be explosive. He routinely gives up his body for catches and can work from the slot or the sideline. He also avoids coach speak and is an honest communicator about what's going on in the locker room. Everyone in Broncos country is really bummed to see him go but we're happy that he's landed with a contender. The Elway to John Lynch connection continues to be alive and well.

Who knows how the draft picks pan out but you all have a legit receiver that will work hard and deliver results.

Good post....plus he's got some good hands (rarely drops passes) which has been an issue with Niner receivers.

I am warming up to the deal.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
(Copy and paste from the general forum)

It's basically a 3rd rounder for Sanders.

The 4th pick for 5th pick is around 10 spots which can easily be made up.
I still don't really like it. From an immediate standpoint, SF just got better with a guy Shanahan really likes for his system. On the flip side is that I don't really like giving up a third rounder - now SF doesn't have a 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounder next year. Plus I believe it's really an indictment on SF's receiving corp. and how Shanahan either views the guys currently on the team or the availability of those on IR.

IMO 10 spots is a big difference. Granted it is late 4th early 5th where the differences aren't large like Round 1. But the Kittle or Trent Taylor or Wishnosky or DJ Jones that you wanted, could easily be gone.

If we needed a good younger WR like Sanders, we could've used that 3rd rounder and drafted one. Or combined those two and traded up into the 2nd. I don't view Sanders as being a top NFL WR, plus he's 32 years old (i think?). Sanders is a short term rental, ie for THIS season.

I certainly see it as Shanny viewing the WR's currently on the team. Not the availability of those on IR, cause none are on 'season ending' IR.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco could recoup some of their lost draft picks if Sanders and other free agents leave in the spring. Defensive lineman Arik Armstead is having a career year ahead of his free agency. Ward is also unsigned beyond this season. That could mean three compensatory draft picks to the 49ers in 2021 if those three players sign elsewhere in March.

Note it says in 2021, not in the next draft.

I'd rather re-sign Armstead and Ward, but realistically ain't going to happen. Once you have a 'hot' team like now, your cap space dissapears in no time.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sanders is only signed through the 2019 season. He is expected to become a free agent in March. Meanwhile, San Francisco is still awaiting the return of wideouts Trent Taylor (foot) and Jalen Hurd (back) who are set to return from Injured Reserve in the coming weeks.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Lynch will trade out of the 1st to add another day 2 pick

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO 10 spots is a big difference. Granted it is late 4th early 5th where the differences aren't large like Round 1. But the Kittle or Trent Taylor or Wishnosky or DJ Jones that you wanted, could easily be gone.

If we needed a good younger WR like Sanders, we could've used that 3rd rounder and drafted one. Or combined those two and traded up into the 2nd. I don't view Sanders as being a top NFL WR, plus he's 32 years old (i think?). Sanders is a short term rental, ie for THIS season.

I certainly see it as Shanny viewing the WR's currently on the team. Not the availability of those on IR, cause none are on 'season ending' IR.

Not at all....you can throw in a 6th rounder or something like that to move around. It's practically irrelevant.

I also believe they can still make decisions on who to bring back from IR. Most likely Taylor and Hurd, but it may also be Verrett.